State Lottery Logos, Old & New

LEWJ

I've noticed lottery logos are often times pretty prevalent in advertising and sponsoring.

I feel like there may have been a thread for this at one point, but I found nothing.

What are your favorite lottery logos? (and/or) What is your state's lottery logo?

For example, Ohio has gone from this:

Ohio+Lottery.gif

to this:

ohio-lottery-logo-small.jpg

I really like Colorado's lottery logo...

LOTTERYlogo_color.jpg

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot of these have 80's/90's logos because that's when the a number of these lotteries started.

Here's the one Texas has used this one since it began

states-tx.gif

I was watching Steven Soderbergh's The Underneath the other day which came out back in '95 and features a number of shots showing TV graphics the then new Texas lotto still uses. I imagine lottery commissions are tightly run and spend more capital on devising new games instead of catchy logos.

Colorado's current, and Illinois' old are my favorites of the ones shown. I think PA's is strong too, even if it looks a little dated.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Washington's is nice:

WashingtonLotteryLogo.jpg

I'm glad we're in a cultural period of "classic" logos. The 3D revisions of Illinois' and California's aren't nearly as handsome as the originals.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Idaho, VA, and Oregon are fantastic.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived