Official WIHL thread: Calgary Blazers Jerseys

MrWonka

Well, like I said, Madison's storyline is that they have been in the league basically since it started. They are a team that has had their logo since existence, and their jerseys are basically untouchable. Bland but, you need that in leagues.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like Seattle. The tornado logo looked a little thin for a hockey team, but not bad. (I know you're changing the name.) But my biggest critique is regarding Madison. Yes the nickname is MadTown, but there have been riots there a few different times because of the city's large Halloween party on State Street. I think a more Halloween color palette should be incorporated, if not some type of zombie or pumpkin. I have lived in Wisconsin for my entire life, and have managed to escape the city within 1-2 hours before the tear gas was thrown one year. Food for thought. I just think you could come up with something that resonates more than what you currently have.

EDIT: I just wanted to mention it's a fantastic name choice.

I like Seattle. The tornado logo looked a little thin for a hockey team, but not bad. (I know you're changing the name.) But my biggest critique is regarding Madison. Yes the nickname is MadTown, but there have been riots there a few different times because of the city's large Halloween party on State Street. I think a more Halloween color palette should be incorporated, if not some type of zombie or pumpkin. I have lived in Wisconsin for my entire life, and have managed to escape the city within 1-2 hours before the tear gas was thrown one year. Food for thought. I just think you could come up with something that resonates more than what you currently have.

EDIT: I just wanted to mention it's a fantastic name choice.

Wow, had no idea about that...thank you. Will definitely keep that in mind when I revisit them. I guess it was meant to be that their name is the Riots, I had no clue. Or I'll just say "yea, I know, I'm just brilliant when it comes to naming teams"

Where are the new onnnnnnnneeees?? This makes me sad.

Right now, this has to hold off. I was loving creating teams and logos. Then I went away for about 4 days away from designing, and now I just have no incentive. Until I get that feeling of creating logos again, this will have to wait. It's hard to do something, and do something well if you're bored, and I don't want to put out crappy designs.

ATTENTION: Since it might be a week or two until I even start rough drafting logos. I would like my teams to have names that have a good meaning to the city. So I don't care where you're from, give me a team name that would best fit your city! Hell, if I spend less time researching cities and states, I might want to get into designing quicker.

A rumored new team the 'Calgary Stampede' may have leaked part of their logo on the internet. A mistake we see often in sports, looks like they are keeping a 'flame' theme but a new horse head will be the primary...IF it's real.

8a6d6f879bedeffe6721349ab36900ac.png

(it's a storyline, don't take it literally. PS. Logo is not done, just wanted to let everyone know I'm still working)

Thank you. This is definitely the hardest work I've put into a logo. Still not even half way done. The only think I have is some of you might think it would be too similar to the Flames. Since the Calgary Cowboys of the WHA had near same color scheme I kept similar colors for the stampede. I have a more orange color for the 'red' and a more orange gold too. But all in all...IT'S MY LEAGUE AND IT'S NAMED AFTER ME, SO I CAN DO WHAT I WANT! Haha. But hopefully you all understand I'm trying to give Calgary hockey an image.

Didn't even realize. Looked up some horse breeds that could fit the Calgary name. I couldn't find one that's origin was in Alberta, so I went with something more fitting. After going through the some breeds like the Caspians, Mustangs seems a little overdone, and Clydesdale I ended up going with the Blazers. I found it cool that a Blazer horse is it's actual breed name. And I thought that fit my flame theme well. So they are now the Calgary Blazers.

I got a little lazy on the Script and Alternate...I know. Keep in mind this was a first logo/ team from my break and I wanted a challenge for the Primary. I hate doing facial features, especially on the computer. But regardless, here it is the Calgary Blazers!

CalgaryBlazersLogoSet.png

I think the neck really gets lost with the flames. Especially since a neck with a horse connects right to the body, but with this, it goes right to flames. So I think in a sense it might be we're not used to seeing a floating horse head with flames, haha. So maybe if I had an actual body to go a long with this it could look better. But thanks on the input.

The Buffa-slug esque look will do that. Haha I feel like the biggest think that I was looking with while doing this was to see if I could pull off facial features, that is why I dissolved the horse into flames. But yeah, I'm expecting comments like that just because I hated the slug look the Sabres unveiled, I'm expecting the same back.

I do think the face itself looks pretty good, certainly far better than I will likely ever be able to accomplish.

Perhaps you could eliminate the neck all together, putting nothing but flames behind the head.

After reading that, even I'm not sure what I mean, hopefully this amazingly crude illustration can help demonstrate:

tumblr_mqfhpdfnO21sxk0kuo1_500.png

But even as it is now it's much better than that horrible flying toupee Buffalo made.

Hell, my drawing is better than that Buffalo crap.

Archived