Most hated SINGLE-season teams of all time (redux)

-2006 and 2007 New England Patriots. Knocked out the Chargers both years, and the perfect season stuff was annoying.

-2008 Red Sox. The Angels just had to choke once again to the Sox. :censored:.

-2012 Los Angeles Kings. I have hated the Kings forever, and seeing them win just sucked. Started a really annoying bandwagon, too.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 2013 Miami Heat get bonus points for housing an irrelevant mohawk-sporting douche.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Anytime a team I don't like succeeds is a bad year. Granted, I'm much better about bitching about it than I used to be, but yea, 2010 did suck in particular. Tampa can't build on success and Sharks lose in typical fashion.

Also, I'm surprised it took a couple posters in to go after any Boston team, especially in 2004 or 2007.

Oh, before I forget, I get annoyed with all the accolades of the '72 Dolphins. I sincerely hope some team pulls off 19-0 so they can show Don Shula pouting like a chump and Mercury Morris pulling his hair out.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

2000 Yankees & 2003 Patriots.

The only times I've seen any of my teams in a 'finals', and on both times they lost to an irritatingly entitled, already successful franchise that seemingly 90% of the rest of my elementary school was on the bandwagon of. Not cool.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

2011 Green Bay Packers

1. If Eli hasn't of effed up, they wouldn't have made the postseason anyway.

2. Jay Cutler was a :censored: and the Bears lost because of him.

3. They beat my beloved Steelers in the Super Bowl.

2011 St. Louis Cardinals

1. I was a Rangers bandwagon fan since 2009 and I really wanted to see them win the World Series.

2. The give up attitude that most players have wasn't with the Cardinals that series.

3. David :censored: Freese. Who the heck is this guy? How did he even? Ehhh the series is over now.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

I had no opinion on "The Decision" TV show, but I did totally support Wade, James and Bosh deciding to play together. I wanted to see them win the title.

Two years later and they were old news. Plus, the Spurs have more likeable guys.

The NBA is way better if you watch for storylines instead of choosing a favorite team.

Got it. I was just hoping to share in some Jason Terry hate with someone. I would love to know what would have been said about LeBron had he been the one to get an LOB Trophy tattoo before the season started.

2010 Auburn. I'm biased and don't care. I still can't stand Cam Newton and his smugness.

I hope like hell that season and that title end up vacated.

PJU85JF.png

In retrospect the 2007 Patriots seem low on that top ten ranking. Maybe SI docked them because they didn't win the Championship.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

2010 Chicago Blackhawks. I work with this Italian/native guy and he's the most die hard hawks fan and canuck hater I know personally, all throughout those playoffs I never heard the end of it from him, especially after the weak cup winning goal from Kane. The bragging and gloating dragged on all summer long.

2003 FC Porto. The UEFA cup final: FC Porto vs Celtic. Non stop diving from Porto and a heart crushing cup winning goal in the 118th minute cost my favorite team probably the only European Cup final ill have the privilege of seeing Celtic play in in my lifetime.

2012 New York Rangers. My only horse in those playoffs (the capitals) upset the Boston Bruins, one of the best teams all season and it was even sweeter that it happened in game 7, overtime, and to the team that caused me more sports pain than any other (June 15th, 2011). The following series against another team i had a serious dislike for (New York Rangers); the Capitals were 5 seconds away from taking a 3-2 series lead back to Washington but of course Brad Richards and Marc Staal made that not happen. I had to miss game 7 due to my Grandads funeral and when I found out the caps lost; I felt like punching a hole in the wall out of pure anger, depression, and rage. I hated the Rangers enough before that series, but that just made me hate the team with an unfathomable passion.

sport-scarf_celtic-2_zps105bfcbf.png

1. Team that beat my team in the playoffs

2. Team that kept my team out of the playoffs

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

Sure, I hated the 2003 Devils for beating the Mighty Ducks in the Final. And the 2012 LA Kings for winning the Cup. And maybe the 2009 Penguins for the endless summer of Crosby Crosby Crosby. Though not so much the latter these days because I've learned to stop caring and not let the force feeding get to me.

But in my ten years of being an NHL fan, the one team that has caused me more grief than any other is my own 2011-12 Anaheim Ducks. Never have I seen such a half-arsed performance from my favourite team like that before. The whole "tired" excuses I kept hearing from the commentary team, Randy Carlyle's coaching style becoming more and more stale with each game, Sutton being useless, Getzlaf being lazy, Hiller being flimsy, that one game in which they managed to give up a freakin' 4-2 lead to the Blackhawks and lose 6-5, the false hope of making an epic comeback to make the playoffs after an otherwise better second half with Boudreau at the helm, being eliminated with only five games left in the season, and then finishing right near the bottom of the standings. Watching the Kings win the Cup only added insult to injury.

Incidentally, that was also the year I attended my first Ducks game in Stockholm. One great memory from an otherwise horrific season.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

I can't believe we've made it this far and nobody has said "2013 Wild; they kept CCLSC's adopted team the BEEJ!!!!!!!! out of the playoffs". Or maybe that earns the Wild most hated perpetual team, not just regular season.

I don't have a lot of single-season teams. I suppose 2003 Ohio State because they did everything they could to keep Robert Reynolds on the field after this incident. Otherwise, it's bascially teams/players I don't like when they have success...the recent Packer Super Bowl (frustrating because they barely even made the playoffs), the 2002 Lakers (though the officials and the NBA itself is where my frustration is), the Steelers Super Bowl wins over Arizona and Seattle (again, see "officials").

On a slight tangent (I even thought about starting a thread for this but I won't) I remember the moment I started to hate the Lakers. I think it was 1987. I was pulling for the Celtics. When the Lakers closed out the series, the crowd rushed the floor and at that moment I was pissed off and have hated the Lakers since...a silly over-reaction from a kid. I think my reasons have shifted, but that's the moment. Most of the other teams I don't like do not really have "that one moment."

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

2010-11 Miami Heat- Fresh off of leaving Cleveland, Lebron & Co. lose to the Mavs

2011-12 Miami Heat- Fresh off of losing a title, they win there first of "not 1,2,3,4, etc.)

2012-13 Miami Heat- Fresh off of winning a title and getting the aforementioned "mohawk-sporting douche" and another traitor in Ray Allen and somehow beat the Pacers with a nonexistent Chris Bosh and Dwayne Wade bringing back memories of LeBron's Cleveland days

now that the teams i'm bias towards are done, i'd like to nominate the 2007 Patriots, the 2012 Giants, 2011 Cardinals and 2008 Celtics (can't stand garnett) and can i nominate the 2013-14 Rockets before the season even starts?

spacer.png

This is definitely biased, but: 2006 Carolina Hurricanes.

They barely made it into the playoffs, then rode Cam Ward into the cup final. They barely outplayed my favourite single season team of all time, the 2006 Oilers, and won the cup by one period and basically one faceoff. Also, I hate Rod Brind'Amour.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

Well, yeah, the 2004 Red Sox go without saying for me.

I could live for another 40-50-60 years, but I will never have a worse sports experience than what happened on those four days in October 2004.

Almost 10 years later and a post like this just really makes my day. For all the :censored: the Yankees piled on the Red Sox through the years (not to mention just a year before in 2003), the fact that those 4 days still haunts Yankee fans is down right fantastic.

Unfortunately though, the "rivalry" was never the same after that October, it went from being intense and dramatic to well it's the Yankees and Red Sox they must hate each other, lets beat it till it's dead. Sad really, the early 2000's Yankees and Sox teams were perfect for each other.

Unfortunately though, the "rivalry" was never the same after that October, it went from being intense and dramatic to well it's the Yankees and Red Sox they must hate each other, lets beat it till it's dead. Sad really, the early 2000's Yankees and Sox teams were perfect for each other.

It doesn't help that, like, 90% of the time the Yankees and Red Sox face these days, it's a weekend series, automatically meaning FOX and ESPN cover the final two games. Especially on ESPN's end, the amount of hype they give those series is absolutely nauseating.

But, yeah, the time period between roughly 1999-2004 was a golden age of Yankees/Red Sox baseball, and both sides ultimately benefited.

spacer.png

I will never have a worse sports experience than what happened on those four days in October 2004.

There isn't a team in sports that I dislike more than the Boston Red Sox but even I have to admit that what happened in the 2004 ALCS was a helluva lot of fun to watch. It was some of the greatest baseball I've ever watched.

BB52Big.jpg

Archived