Fire Buck

jkrdevil

Worst Announcers:

Madden

McCarver

Ian Eagle

Ian Eagle is TERRIBLE. I pity the network whose ratings get slaughtered because they gave this guy a mic. Madden is hilarious IMO.

Baseball-wise, Dan Schulman and Buck Martinez were an interesting pairing a couple of years back for the Blue Jays.

Doesn't get much better the John Wells and Glen Suitor on CFL Friday Night Football, or Michaels and Madden on Monday Night. Good times.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

my favorite announcers:

Hockey: Fred Cusick ( I miss him on Bruins and AHL games)

Mike Emrick (he's always excited but he brings energy to it)

Football: John Madden (his grasp of the obvious is unparallelled)

Baseball: Sean McDonough

Jerry Remy

Ned Martin (R.I.P.)

Joe Buck

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Don't forget, Jon Miller, locally and regionally a great broadcaster and nice guy.

I dont like Jon Miller. Id like him more if he didnt whore himself out to ESPN every week.

also he gets distracted during games easy. Yeah Jon, we know you like boats out on McCovey Cove. Hey look, Schmidt just struck out the side! :cursing:

OMG Bill Walton!!!

That's why I stopped watching the Laker games on ABC, because two things were guaranteed:

1) The Lakers would be playing at home on a Sunday, and I believe that the Staples Center is an outer branch of the evilest place in the universal realm

2) Bill Walton would be praising them at every possible moment... I remember he spent an entire 3 possessions talking about how good Shaq is at the free throw line... WTF

Madden is the worst in my mind. He's like a freakin' 1st grade teacher: "If you have great speed, and good moves, you can be a runner in this league!" And, "Williams finds the hole, then BAM! He's got 20 yards!". I secretly say "DUH!" after everything he says. Plus, his man crush on Brett Farve that borders on worship.

Best announcer ever? Dick Irvin. I may be biased, but that man's voice IS hockey. Even Danny Gallivan doesn't do it for me like Irvin does, and he's from NS! If I could have one man narrate my life, it would be Dick Irvin.

Well only us Mets fan know who really is the worst announcer and that is Fran Healy he is horrendous. His voice is greating and he grunts and huffs and uses phrases like The Big Fella.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Well only us Mets fan know who really is the worst announcer and that is Fran Healy he is horrendous. His voice is greating and he grunts and huffs and uses phrases like The Big Fella.

haha hes the worst.

especially when he does islander games

untitled-1.png

did anyone hear all the biased remarks by mr. thom brenawhatever during the 03 NLCS. he loves the cubs so much!!! i couldn't stand him talking so much about the cubs. i like his call during Game 6 eight inning after the fish score 8 runs: "a horrific turn of events in chicago".

1997 | 2003

Don't forget, Jon Miller, locally and regionally a great broadcaster and nice guy.

I dont like Jon Miller. Id like him more if he didnt whore himself out to ESPN every week.

also he gets distracted during games easy. Yeah Jon, we know you like boats out on McCovey Cove. Hey look, Schmidt just struck out the side! :cursing:

Hey if jon Miller didn't whore himself out to ESPN we in Britain wouldn't get to hear him! Ho, amd Joe Morgan is a great combo.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

because of Millers commitment to ESPN, the Giants are required to have a FIVE MAN broadcast team :wacko:

Duane Kuiper and Mike Krukow on FSN.

Miller splits games between the radio and KTVU tv broadcasts as does Kuiper.

Krukow is always on the TV side whether it be a FSN or KTVU broadcast

and when Miller is off working for ESPN, we got some rookie announcer Dave Fleming on the radio, and an As broadcast team castoff (and radio voice for of all things, the Raiders :mad: ) Greg Papa.

Fleming is just getting started so I cant be too hard on him. But Papa annoys the hell out of me. Not necessarily how he calls the game, but his voice.

and like I said, Miller's half assed commitment to the giants broadcast team not withstanding, I really dont care for how he gets overly distracted during games. or when he does those annoying voices (especially vin scullys :cursing: )

OMG Bill Walton!!!

That's why I stopped watching the Laker games on ABC, because two things were guaranteed:

1) The Lakers would be playing at home on a Sunday, and I believe that the Staples Center is an outer branch of the evilest place in the universal realm

2) Bill Walton would be praising them at every possible moment... I remember he spent an entire 3 possessions talking about how good Shaq is at the free throw line... WTF

Exactly, and now that his KID plays for them he sounds like a cheerleader!

Archived