Philadelphia Eagles concept - second version... new font added

oldschoolvikings

I posted a similar concept for the Eagles a few weeks back, but I've been fiddling with it, so I thought I'd try again. This time, I tried to design a new number font that would visually connect to the helmet wing. Both the home jersey number and the helmet wing are silver and white elements, bordered by black, then again by white on a green field. Also, this is my first time ever trying to build my own font from scratch. (It was harder than I thought it would be.)

eagnew_zpsd0e551e9.png

IMO black only works with kelly in very minimal amounts. I don't think that the early '90s Eagles or Jets would look as good as they did if they had even a hair more black to them.

I'm not sure why there's the push to brighten up the pallet, but then also a push to add more black. Adding the black in the numbers and keeping it on the pants and facemask just make it stand out more (more black, if you will) since it contrasts so much with the kelly and silver. You're trying to go "classic" with the colors, but still being contemporary with a custom font, and then "cutting edge" with the font treatment (I think that's the right term for it.) You can use kelly and still have a good contemporary uniform, but you need to cut down on some of the other things. Personally, I'd pick one direction or the other and then commit to it - modern or classic.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I know you've mentioned before that you don't like kelly green and black as a color combination, unless the black is very minimal. I guess I just don't agree, personally. I like that combo... I could even see a uniform designed with kelly and black in equal ammounts. To me, the dingy dark green the Eagles currently use looks much worse with black than a bright kelly would. There just isn't enough contrast between the two colors. With kelly green, at least you'd be able to tell where one ended and the other began.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived