MLB Jersey Pricing

Anubis2051

I remember, back before leaguewide contracts, prices for authentic NFL jerseys varied from team-to-team, too.

Prices for authentic NFL jerseys still vary from team to team.

Do they? I always thought that the Nike authentics are $250 league-wide while the customized ones are $300

You're right. I was thinking of the Reebok jerseys.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Yankees/MLB don't sell Yankee Cool Base jerseys because they don't wear Cool Base; even on the road. All other authentics, other than throwbacks (or the Rays fauxbacks) are now Cool Base.

The Blue Jays don't wear/sell Cool Base jerseys either, which is a shame because I love my Red Sox Cool Base jersey, it's really comfortable in the heat.

The Yankees/MLB don't sell Yankee Cool Base jerseys because they don't wear Cool Base; even on the road. All other authentics, other than throwbacks (or the Rays fauxbacks) are now Cool Base.

Maybe they were just trying to sell remaining stock of the old jerseys, but as of a year or two ago the Cardinals still gave you thr option of Cool Base or non-Cool Base jerseys. I haven't checked recently though. I prefer the old jerseys over Cool Base jersey. IMO the Cool Base jerseys look and feel cheap. The definitely look terrible on TV. The color of the jerseys never match the pants. A lot of the material in the armpits on the grey jersey turns a brown color by the end of the year.

What would be the reason to not wear the cool base jerseys?

If I was a player, I would probably prefer the cool base for the obvious reasons of comfort. But as a fan, I'd rather have the regular old authentics. The cool base costs more for less material, and looks a lot cheaper (in my opinion). I also cant imagine that the material is nearly as durable. Something the players don't have to care about, but it's a serious consideration when you're paying retail price for them.

What would be the reason to not wear the cool base jerseys?

If I was a player, I would probably prefer the cool base for the obvious reasons of comfort. But as a fan, I'd rather have the regular old authentics. The cool base costs more for less material, and looks a lot cheaper (in my opinion). I also cant imagine that the material is nearly as durable. Something the players don't have to care about, but it's a serious consideration when you're paying retail price for them.

That's exactly how I feel. The Cool Base jerseys to me look and feel cheap. They seem like they would snag and tear very easily.

To me, as well.

Back to pricing - the Brewers' TBTC 1948 jerseys retail for $202.99.

pMLB2-15848497dt.jpg

You can also get them with Ryan Braun's #8 in tackle twill on the back, which adds $20 to the price.

pMLB2-15848469dt.jpg

Then there's the option of Jonathan Lucroy's number. He's a double-digit, which means you need to pony up an extra buck on top of the $20 for the first digit.

pMLB2-15848531dt.jpg

I guess I was surprised to see their pricing that transparent.

The Blue Jays don't wear/sell Cool Base jerseys either, which is a shame because I love my Red Sox Cool Base jersey, it's really comfortable in the heat.

There are still a few teams that leave it up to the individual players in regards to doubleknit v COOLBASE. I think Cincinnati, Cleveland, Oakland, & Seattle still do, but there might be one or two more. I think this is the first year Detroit & LAA have gone all COOLBASE. And some teams have certain jerseys in the doubleknit only. The Brewers are all COOLBASE, except for the throwback Ball-in-Glove set. The Twins only wear their cream alts in doubleknit. And many of the throwback/one-offs are still doubleknit.

COOLBASE is the vast majority, but it isn't all there is outside of NY & TOR.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Given the profit already built-n their retail price, I find it absolutely ludicrous to have different price points for different teams.

Why can't some teams (or distributors) live with slightly lower profits on some models...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Talking with the Majestic rep here in St. Louis, if it wasn't for the Yankees refusing to wear the cool base there would be no option all teams would only wear the cool base. This was 2 years ago though. I have all three Cards jerseys in the cool base. Great for the St. Louis humidity, but I agree for the money they just seem cheap and not as durable.

Not sure but the Giants charge $10 per numeral and per letter when customizing jerseys. I feel for those who like Bumgarner. $110 on a road jersey

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Archived