New Orleans University New Logos

GriffinM6

UNO took down the link to the logo sheet I posted in the other thread, but here's a photo gallery that covers the same ground:

http://www.unoprivat...spx?gallery=208

Like I said in the other thread, while I wish not every New Orleans team would go the FDL route, this one is a unique enough take that I'll let it slide. Wordmark is an obvious upgrade over what they had, and the main logo looks good. Wish they would've kept that dash of red the old look had.

kU6ns.gif

Better than the old but what's this 'NEW-O'? New-O? Really? Is that an off shoot of Jell-O? Do people in New Orleans really really call it New-O?

NOLA is bad enough

No one calls it "New-O." It's obviously just for marketing purposes.

But please, explain to me why NOLA is so bad.

gYH2mW9.png

Like I said in the other thread, while I wish not every New Orleans team would go the FDL route, this one is a unique enough take that I'll let it slide. Wordmark is an obvious upgrade over what they had, and the main logo looks good. Wish they would've kept that dash of red the old look had.

I'm sure it's obnoxiously overdone for people that live in that region, but I love seeing how organizations incorporate it. I love this:

t153.png

Better than the old but what's this 'NEW-O'? New-O? Really? Is that an off shoot of Jell-O? Do people in New Orleans really really call it New-O?

NOLA is bad enough

No one calls it "New-O." It's obviously just for marketing purposes.

But please, explain to me why NOLA is so bad.

This is so painful. Like how hard would it have been to just have a NOLA script instead?

ovw.png

I think "SoBe" just got replaced as the douchiest nickname for a place I've ever heard.

PJU85JF.png

First off...yeah... no one calls the city "New O". N'awlins, maybe; UNO had a great jersey a few years ago with "N'awlins" script across it (wish they would have sold those...).

Second, I'm having a hard time visualizing this logo...

I see the two swords... are the "lower leaves" of the FDL the mustache and beard of the Privateer?

t153.png

Archived