nmsuaggie

Predators yellow ice

Pink ice on Valentines Day and green ice for St. Patty's Day are not uncommon...

Looks cool, but the team would disappear in it if they were ever to play a home game.

Wow it looks like somebody pissed all over the sheet of ice.

I don't know what kids in Nashville think, but I know what I thought of every time I saw yellow snow or ice as a kid.

there's not much snow in Nashville, or Tennessee for that matter, but it still seems a bit off-putting to me...

Woudn't this technically be ripping off Boise State with having the field color of their home jersey?

Woudn't this technically be ripping off Boise State with having the field color of their home jersey?

If that's the case, Boise St. already ripped off hockey teams from when home jerseys were white. Oh and the Packers. :D

Ive never seen colored ice before. im not opposed to the idea, it sounds interesting but i dont think yellow is the way to go. obvious negative connotations. and its just annoying

I'm already sick of the "don't eat the yellow snow" type of jokes and I only heard this news 2 minutes ago. Hope we don't see this for any real games.

If that's the case, Boise St. already ripped off hockey teams from when home jerseys were white. Oh and the Packers. :D

LOL

Ive never seen colored ice before. im not opposed to the idea, it sounds interesting but i dont think yellow is the way to go. obvious negative connotations. and its just annoying

Here's pink ice.... numerous minor league teams do it for "Pink in the Rink". Theyll wear pink uniforms, use pink sticks, u name it. Breast cancer Awareness continues to be THE fundraiser to do.

_N9H8281.jpg?m=1295886552

^ looks like massive murders were committed and then the Zamboni smoothed it all over.

Here's pink ice.... numerous minor league teams do it for "Pink in the Rink". Theyll wear pink uniforms, use pink sticks, u name it. Breast cancer Awareness continues to be THE fundraiser to do.

LOL at "pink in the rink"! thats a hard color to take for a whole game even in the NFL where its smaller pieces of equipment like cleats, gloves, towels, etc. dont think i could watch a whoe hockey game on pink ice.

what about black ice, has anyone done that?? thats what i want to see

LOL at "pink in the rink"! thats a hard color to take for a whole game even in the NFL where its smaller pieces of equipment like cleats, gloves, towels, etc. dont think i could watch a whoe hockey game on pink ice.

The pink obviously fades during game action of course. Luckily I had the opportunity to play pick-up on this rink this past season when it was pink. Suprisingly enough, I didn't have a problem seeing.

Pink-in-the-Rink.jpg

Didn't the Islanders used to have light blue ice way back in the day?

I think you're having flashbacks to your days playing NHL93 on the Sega Genesis:

nhlpa93_1.jpg

For an event with kids I think this is a great idea and the gold ice looks good. Kudos to the Preds organization for thinking outside the box.

Buffalo put down blue ice with different colored lines for their AHL team for two games in 2005. Never heard anything about it after though.

buffalo-3-20-05-blue--large-msg-1111382698-2.jpg