Sign in to follow this  
DomTheAthlete29

FINAL UPDATE 7/25 V4 - College of the Holy Ghost

This was my proposal for a college apart of the FCS fantasy league here on the creamer boards. Just wanted to get some C&C on it.

Version 4

holyghost3_zps3f09ae6e.png

Version 1

holyghost_zps8e8edb64.png

Version 2

holyghost_zpsa7c7d611.png

Version 3

holyghost3_zps2e74f382.png

Edited by DomTheAthlete29

Solid look. Plain black and white is underrated. I'm not sure about the breaks in the monogram though.

maybe i just have something against raider like jersey color schemes but i dont like this set. its too plain to me for a black and white set but thats just me

I agree in the sense that a little color would look cool. But I side with JCR the Brooklyn Nets look is very sleek. I also like how you incorporate the cross as the T.

I love it - simple and Penn State style

The asymmetry in the monogram is really bothering me, to be honest. I don't know if it was intentional or not, but here's what I'm talking about:

67sjuq.png

Those teal lines are the same length, so you can see that the cross is not centered on the mark -- it might not make much of a difference in some cases, but where you've got those four rectangles in the middle of the logo, it's really sticking out to me. I'd also look at the way you have breaks on the monogram, and how they don't apply at all to the cross. Last thing I'd work on is maybe making the G a little more pronounced, I think it'd look like an O from a decent distance.

Overall though, I like the simplicity a lot. Nice start.

@Doug - Thanks for the comments and tips, the asymmetry was a mistake on my end, knew something looked off thanks for catching that. Let me know how version 2 looks!

holyghost_zpsa7c7d611.png

As for the colors, I really want to stick with the simplistic look of black and white; IMHO it works well for a religous-affiliated university.

A prime example of how cleanliness in design can be louder than chrome helmets and bizarre number fonts. Well done top to bottom.

The logo looks admittedly better with the touch up and I hope you got that I was saying that its a good jersey but personally I just think a little more white could be used on the home like a stripe or something

Much better with that update. Can't wait to wax the floor with this team :P

After talking with the 'client' he wanted a uniform that played on the "ghost" motif.. This is what I came up with!

holyghost3_zps2e74f382.png

That looks great. Maybe a wordmark on the chest could make this look even better.

I liked your first update better, but it's all about what the client wants, so well done.

I really like the first ones better. It feels very Brooklyn Nets-like. The second white one is great, but the black is too hard to read. But if the person wants it that way you executed it greatly.

I'd suggest switching the number colors on the most recent update, it'd provide more contrast to the jerseys and make them much easier to read without undoing the essence of your concept.

what kind of pattern is inside the number?

Gothic iron work.

I'd suggest switching the number colors on the most recent update, it'd provide more contrast to the jerseys and make them much easier to read without undoing the essence of your concept.

It was meant to look like the numbers were "ghostly'.

Final update, client liked the style so I took it an ran with it! Think it looks great.

holyghost3_zps3f09ae6e.png