Charlotte Hornets Concept II .. and III. Update with new Hornet.. and Uniforms

AAO

Here is another idea for the Hornets. Based on the old Bobcats cat head/basketball hybrid secondary logo. I also re-designed the body of the hornet from my old Hornets' concept. Also changed up the colors a bit. Brighter purple, less bright orange and a darker carolina blue.

Hornets_Branding_zps526dd74d.png

Edit alternate updated secondary:

hornets_3.png

Edit: Unis

Hornets_ConceptUnis_zpsb2339877.png

I like this a lot more than your Wizards concept. That said, the honeycomb pattern might be too much inside the logo. Maybe you could work it into the uniforms or court instead. As of right now, I prefer the sans serif treatment, but if you added stripes to the tail of the script (plus maybe taper it into a stinger) I might change my mind.

The right facing Hugo is fantastic, specifically point guard Hugo, with the second arm. I also prefer the script option without the large purple holding shape under it. As for the secondary, I drastically prefer the one locked up with the script. It will work much better embroidered at small sizes.

I'm really liking this concept.

a few things: the circle logo with the white n the inside which i assume is the wing, looks like he has a sideways smile.. i think it would look better just solid blue, or with a significantly bigger honeycomb pattern so that it doesnt get lost.

Have you thought about a hexagon instead of the circle?

The script kinda doesn't go with the logos. I think a script could work, but it has to have sharper characteristics. The third wordmark in the first row works.

Uniforms are okay, but could be a lot better, especially given how great the logos look.

Excited to see this progress though!

I really like the secondary logo a lot. Is the darker color purple? On my computer it looks navy blue.

I wonder if the franchise will just want to clean up the existing Hugo logo or come up with something brand new. I'm in favor of just a slight update on the Hugo logo.

Love the logos. The update to Hugo is awesome. If I where to change one thing it would be the script. I'm getting a cheap knock off feel from them. I do like the script used on post #5 middle left logo. Other than that, MJ should hand you over a check because it is a perfect identity.

Kudos, you sir are a great graphic designer.

I really, really like these. The only thing that bothers me is the fact that the wings in the two flying logos are not consistent.

Never noticed that until you said something. Now I can't un-see it. I agree that consistency would be nice with those two logos.

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

xfug5c.png

Took a screenshot. In the logos on the top left and bottom right, the design of the wings is different. The top left has some sort of lightning bolt design in it, whereas the bottom right logo has just lines. Both logos are great, but that's what I meant by inconsistent. I assume that's 8993's logic as well.

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

Archived