2013 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos

canzman

Seattle uni's have recently grown on me. Only the blue/gray and gray/gray combos though. I think they'd have a top 10 look in the league if that's all they wore. (although I'm not even sure if you can use a gray full time as the white/away jersey.)

I really hate the blue/blue and white/blue though, just brings it all down. White/white and white/gray is just okay.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seattle uni's have recently grown on me. Only the blue/gray and gray/gray combos though. I think they'd have a top 10 look in the league if that's all they wore. (although I'm not even sure if you can use a gray full time as the white/away jersey.)

I really hate the blue/blue and white/blue though, just brings it all down. White/white and white/gray is just okay.

Have they even wore blue/grey?

numerous times

112512_spt_fins008.JPG

StLouisCardinals.png

CowboysClassic_zpsb3d9923d.png

#9 LSU vs. TCU

numerous times

112512_spt_fins008.JPG

Oh yeah, they just wore them against Carolina.

Eh... can't say I'm a fan.

With the new helmet rule, I think the Cowboys might pair their throwback jersey with silver pants and the normal helmet. It's what they used to do.

20acm1k.jpg

r9oryc.gif

This is what I suggest for an upgrade of their blue uniform, at least as an alternate they can wear one or two times each season at home.

I noticed a few things last night wit Seattle's all-gray look.

The numbers on the back are way too big, especially Wilson's #3.

On many players, the jerseys appeared to be darker gray than the pants, that sometimes looks like an off-white.

Also, the offensive linemen have see-through pants like Detroit did last year. When sweaty, it's something I'd rather not see.

See the color difference?

hi-res-7759606_crop_exact.jpg?w=650&h=43

13804f75201b8223400f6a706700a324.jpg

hi-res-7760286_crop_650.jpg?1382073576

4983b5b2206a8323400f6a7067003e22.jpg

299427-500356-russell-wilson.jpeg

russell-Wilson-lockerroom-630x412.jpg

^ HUGE numbers!

87Redskins.png

With the new helmet rule, I think the Cowboys might pair their throwback jersey with silver pants and the normal helmet. It's what they used to do.

20acm1k.jpg

r9oryc.gif

That isn't the true throwback jersey. That is the "double star" alternate they wore for a while in the 90s.

These photos are from Thanksgiving 2001. Dallas's history with these "Apex1 double stars" was:

1. white double star worn at least 2 times in 1994 (was one time a playoff game with the 49ers?) because they had the patch in two different places

2. blue double star worn as the blue jersey in 1995 (may have been only worn once)

3. blue double star as Thanksgiving special jersey from 2001-2003

The white/navy fauxbacks replaced the blue "Apex1 double star" as the Thanksgiving jerseys in 2004.

Maybe the NFL will relax these helmet rules in a year or two and we will see throwbacks again.

r9oryc.gif

As a side note, I suppose the new rules change means we'll never see the Broncos throw back to these uniforms ever again. Damn shame.

Would be very interesting to me to see the Broncos use the navy shell, place the old "D" mark and use the old style unis - with navy trim instead of royal.

20acm1k.jpg

r9oryc.gif

That isn't the true throwback jersey. That is the "double star" alternate they wore for a while in the 90s.

These photos are from Thanksgiving 2001. Dallas's history with these "Apex1 double stars" was:

1. white double star worn at least 2 times in 1994 (was one time a playoff game with the 49ers?) because they had the patch in two different places

2. blue double star worn as the blue jersey in 1995 (may have been only worn once)

The white/navy fauxbacks replaced the blue "Apex1 double star" as the Thanksgiving jerseys in 2004.

Maybe the NFL will relax these helmet rules in a year or two and we will see throwbacks again.

The ones from the 1990s were royal blue with big shoulder stars. The 2004 versions were navy blue with smaller stars.

I noticed a few things last night wit Seattle's all-gray look.

The numbers on the back are way too big, especially Wilson's #3.

On many players, the jerseys appeared to be darker gray than the pants, that sometimes looks like an off-white.

13804f75201b8223400f6a706700a324.jpg

This is a good example as to the on-field colors not matching up against designated color specs. Here is what the NFL has specified for the Seahawks' Gray in Pantone Textile terms:

PTX_14-4206_TCX_SRGB.png

Obviously, this is a bit different than the "Wolf Grey" that Nike is using.

NKE_01V_SRGB.png

It's probably me; these kinds of things just bug me...IMO, the Seahawks need to pick a darker Gray...that one's just too light.

20acm1k.jpg

r9oryc.gif

The Boys wore the White Double Star a handful of times during the 94 (75th Anniversary) season. (Home against the Lions, Thanksgiving against the Packers and on the road against the Eagles/Saints/Giants and in the NFC Title game against the 49ers).

The Boys wore the Blue Double Star only once in 1995 against the Eagles and Barry Switzer didn't like the set and convicned Jerry Jones not to wear them again.

The Boys have not worn the 94 White Double Star since then though there were rumours that they'd wear them on Thanksgiving a few years back.

Also, what does the league have against Throwbak/White Helmets??

Archived