2013 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos

canzman

Remember any combos posted prior to game or posted prior to an announcement by the team are an assumption and will be updated as needed.

Regular Season Week 3 (Part 1)

Chiefs @ Eagles

hiKKm.jpgB7CAg.jpg

Texans @ Ravens

Qe2gv.jpgFVjJusB.jpg

Giants @ Panthers

5uWsH.jpgdFmCg.jpg

Lions @ Redskins

31Ffm.jpgZSeIG.jpg

Chargers @ Titans

h4uBH5A.jpgeUjA7.jpg

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Iggles fan here. If they wear the Black jerseys under Chip, hopefully they'll pair them with the Green pants. I hate the Black jerseys/White pants combo.

But with Chip here, maybe some new touches will be implemented. Gray pants? Black pants, but only with the White jersey?

The Titans wear white at home for September games. If there is a source that says or until proven otherwise, I don't think they differ from what they've done the last few years.

New England is most likely going to be in their dark blue. But I wouldn't rule out the Patriots wearing white for their September 22 game against the Bucs. They wore white at home against the Dolphins on September 21 in 2008.

The Rams wear the all blue combo full time now under Jeff Fisher.

The Titans wear white at home for September games. If there is a source that says or until proven otherwise, I don't think they differ from what they've done the last few years.

New England is most likely going to be in their dark blue. But I wouldn't rule out the Patriots wearing white for their September 22 game against the Bucs. They wore white at home against the Dolphins on September 21 in 2008.

2008 Season opener at Home the Titans wore light blue over navy. It isn't cut and dry that they always wear white early. Link

While many teams have taken to this practice it isn't a given. Many teams change it up. For example the last 2 seasons Cleveland wore white early but this year opened the season in brown. Just b/c it has been a recent trend doesn't mean it is a "rule". If any of these need changed after the game is player or the combo is announced they will get updated.

The Rams actually wore all white one game at home last season under Fisher. Link

The Rams actually wore all white one game at home last season under Fisher. Link

The reason why the Rams had to wear all white last year is because the all-blues were well on the way to London. Since the Rams were to have played in London the following week (they were considered the "home" team against the Patriots), they have obviously had no choice but to wear the whites against the Packers. The same thing happened to the Buccaneers the previous year. The red jerseys and pewter pants were on their way to London, so they had to do the opposite, and wore all white against the Saints.

Which will lead us to next week when the Vikings have the home opener against the Browns. Is it possible they could follow the Rams and Buccaneers lead, and ship their purple unis to London (they have a "home" game against the Steelers), and wear white for their home opener? Wouldn't rule it out. They also could be wearing the purple jerseys against the Browns, and then wear white (even though they would be the "home" team) while they are in London. Guess we will find out soon enough.

The reason why the Rams had to wear all white last year is because the all-blues were well on the way to London. Since the Rams were to have played in London the following week (they were considered the "home" team against the Patriots), they have obviously had no choice but to wear the whites against the Packers. The same thing happened to the Buccaneers the previous year. The red jerseys and pewter pants were on their way to London, so they had to do the opposite, and wore all white against the Saints.

Which will lead us to next week when the Vikings have the home opener against the Browns. Is it possible they could follow the Rams and Buccaneers lead, and ship their purple unis to London (they have a "home" game against the Steelers), and wear white for their home opener? Wouldn't rule it out. They also could be wearing the purple jerseys against the Browns, and then wear white (even though they would be the "home" team) while they are in London. Guess we will find out soon enough.

Very, very interesting.

Vikings havent worn white at home since the 70's

spacer.png

spacer.png

Do you honestly think NFL teams only have one set of each uniform? These aren't some high school teams with one set of color and one set of white that they wash and re-use all season. NFL teams actually wear fresh uniforms every week. It is completely possible for them to ship a set of "blue" to London and still have a set of "blue" in house.

Titans usually wear whites at home for the first few games when the heat and humidity is up there. It's a practice from Fisher that has carried on believing that is gives them an advantage in the warmer weather games.

It's relatively mild out here right now, so not sure what they will do.

EDIT - It looks like someone already touched on this.

3.11p-beamer-gif.gif

2008 Season opener at Home the Titans wore light blue over navy. It isn't cut and dry that they always wear white early. Link

While many teams have taken to this practice it isn't a given. Many teams change it up. For example the last 2 seasons Cleveland wore white early but this year opened the season in brown. Just b/c it has been a recent trend doesn't mean it is a "rule". If any of these need changed after the game is player or the combo is announced they will get updated.

That home opener against the Jaguars in 2008 was one game. Everything afterwards, the Titans have worn white for their home opener. I see it's confirmed that the Jets will wear white for 7 of the 8 home games with the one exception at Miami. Tennessee doesn't need to wear white because by week 4 it's the end of September and the game is a 3:00 game central time.

Cleveland didn't wear white for their home opener against the Dolphins because they have a new head coach. Something that factors in to what teams do, but you won't always know what they do.

Very, very interesting.

1964, to be exact. That's the year the NFL started allowing teams to wear white at home if they wanted to. I believe a majority of the NFL did so that year. That was also the year the Vikes showed up in their white jerseys/purple pants combo for a home game against Detroit...who weren't told and showed up in their road whites. The Vikes had to change their unis at halftime. I'm sure someone has some pics...

And I don't understand Heff Jisher's love of the blue pants in St. Looie. They look so plain and generic, bring back the gold pants!!!

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

Very, very interesting.

1964, to be exact. That's the year the NFL started allowing teams to wear white at home if they wanted to. I believe a majority of the NFL did so that year. That was also the year the Vikes showed up in their white jerseys/purple pants combo for a home game against Detroit...who weren't told and showed up in their road whites. The Vikes had to change their unis at halftime. I'm sure someone has some pics...

And I don't understand Heff Jisher's love of the blue pants in St. Looie. They look so plain and generic, bring back the gold pants!!!

If I'm wrong on this someone can correct me, but I don't think the Rams even have the gold pants as in option anymore.

Very, very interesting.

If I'm wrong on this someone can correct me, but I don't think the Rams even have the gold pants as in option anymore.

They don't wear that anymore. It's either blue or white.

Go A's!

That home opener against the Jaguars in 2008 was one game. Everything afterwards, the Titans have worn white for their home opener. I see it's confirmed that the Jets will wear white for 7 of the 8 home games with the one exception at Miami. Tennessee doesn't need to wear white because by week 4 it's the end of September and the game is a 3:00 game central time.

Cleveland didn't wear white for their home opener against the Dolphins because they have a new head coach. Something that factors in to what teams do, but you won't always know what they do.

So b/c the Titans only did it once it 2008 we can rule it out as even a possibility but b/c the Patriots did it once in 2008 we won't rule it out? Where is the logic in that?

Also how do you know the reasoning as to why Cleveland didn't wear white? If you look at the Bengals jersey chart for this season it shows them wearing black next weekend in Cleveland. Using your logic they should be wearing white since Cleveland's new coach wore brown at home for the first game.

My point with all this is there really is no "rule" on any of this. Teams wear what they wear and if anything posted needs updated/changed it will be.

It amazes me how everyone goes crazy if what is posted 4 to 7 days before the games are played isn't what they expect or think it should be.

Idk about this. In 2010 the 49ers wore their gold pants week 7 and then again in week 8 in London. It is their only pant color so I'm not sure. Also, in 2011 the bucs probably would have worn the all whites anyway since it was an early season game. I'm pretty sure they always wore all white at home in the first half of the season before schiano came. So it will be interesting to see what the vikes do. I really hope they wear purple.

Archived