2013 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos

canzman

Redskins @ Titans

ZSeIG.jpg

9JIRi.jpg

Are you sure the Titans are going to wear white for their preseason home game against Redskins? Usually, if it is a night game (preseason or not) the Titans will wear their light blue jerseys at home and the visiting team the white uniforms. If it is a early afternoon game in September (when the temperatures are still warm) then the Titans will wear their white jerseys. I think they will wear the light blue jerseys/dark blue pants during that game, and the Redskins will wear white/gold or white/burgundy combo. But who knows?

Otherwise, you are accurate for the rest of the jersey combos. I do expect the Buccaneers to wear all-white at home (they usually do in preseason games). The Browns usually wear brown unis for preseason games, but I wouldn't be surprised if they do wear their white at home.

As I stated in the first post any combos posted prior to the game or posted prior to an announcement by the team are an assumption and will be updated as needed. The Browns will more than likely wear White at home early in the regular season but I am 99% sure they will wear the brown in the preseason at home.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There will likely be at least two or three games in which the Miami Dolphins will wear their colored (aqua) jerseys. The Dolphins open the regular season at Cleveland in Week 1 (September 8) and play on Monday Night Football at New Orleans in Week 4 (September 30). The Browns and Saints typically force their opponents to wear their colored jerseys during (at least) the first month of the season.

As far as home games go, it seems that the Dolphins only wear their aqua jerseys for prime time games (due to the south Florida heat), and their lone prime time home game is the Week 9 Thursday Night game (October 31) against the Cincinnati Bengals. That game occurs on Halloween, and since the Dolphins have eliminated the orange jerseys, this indicates that the Bengals, who have orange in their color scheme, will likely have to wear their road white jerseys.

Panthers jersey colors for 2013. Will wear white against the Bears. http://scottfowlerob...iform-ever.html.

If the helmet logo printed on my ticket and the special Wall of Fame event are any indication, the Bills will be in their all-white, standing-buffalo alternative throwback uniforms in week 2, which is against the Panthers. So that may be one more date for the Panthers' black jerseys (and black pants, perhaps?).

I think you're right. http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/2013-Buffalo-Bills-season-tickets-mailed/2515624b-774f-40b0-b522-c7457f5bd8df

You know something. Since the white throwback is based on the 60s when the Bills won the AFC championships, the San Diego Chargers would be a perfect opponent for them to wear them against in 2014.

There will likely be at least two or three games in which the Miami Dolphins will wear their colored (aqua) jerseys. The Dolphins open the regular season at Cleveland in Week 1 (September 8) and play on Monday Night Football at New Orleans in Week 4 (September 30). The Browns and Saints typically force their opponents to wear their colored jerseys during (at least) the first month of the season.

As far as home games go, it seems that the Dolphins only wear their aqua jerseys for prime time games (due to the south Florida heat), and their lone prime time home game is the Week 9 Thursday Night game (October 31) against the Cincinnati Bengals. That game occurs on Halloween, and since the Dolphins have eliminated the orange jerseys, this indicates that the Bengals, who have orange in their color scheme, will likely have to wear their road white jerseys.

The one other game the Dolphins could have wore aqua at would have been Tampa, but the game against the Bucs is a night game and past October.

The orange alternates have only been worn when the Dolphins have more than 1 night home game. Are there plans for the orange jerseys to come back with the new design?

I have a very interesting question: Will the Vikings wear white at home in Week 3 (against the Browns)? The reason why I say that is because the Vikings will be traveling to London the following week for their "home" game against the Steelers. The last two seasons the "home" team in London packed their colored jerseys the prior week. The Rams wore all-white against the Packers, because their color jerseys were on their way to London so they had to wear white. The same was true for the Buccaneers two years ago. As the home team in London, they packed their red and pewter uniforms in advance so they had to wear all-white at home against the Saints the prior week. Could be very interesting to see if the Vikings what uniform they will wear at home against the Browns. My guess will be white jersey/purple pants, because they will likely wear their normal purple jersey/white pants the following week in London.

BTW: The Vikings only wore white at home once, and that happened during the 1964 NFL season.

I have a very interesting question: Will the Vikings wear white at home in Week 3 (against the Browns)? The reason why I say that is because the Vikings will be traveling to London the following week for their "home" game against the Steelers. The last two seasons the "home" team in London packed their colored jerseys the prior week. The Rams wore all-white against the Packers, because their color jerseys were on their way to London so they had to wear white. The same was true for the Buccaneers two years ago. As the home team in London, they packed their red and pewter uniforms in advance so they had to wear all-white at home against the Saints the prior week. Could be very interesting to see if the Vikings what uniform they will wear at home against the Browns. My guess will be white jersey/purple pants, because they will likely wear their normal purple jersey/white pants the following week in London.

BTW: The Vikings only wore white at home once, and that happened during the 1964 NFL season.

An interesting question. I'm interested to find out happens. The Jaguars are going to wear white for their London game against the 49ers, and the week before they are wearing their alternate teal against the Chargers. All the teams who hosted the London game wore the opposite color the week prior to the international game.

Panthers jersey colors for 2013. Will wear white against the Bears. http://scottfowlerob...iform-ever.html.

If the helmet logo printed on my ticket and the special Wall of Fame event are any indication, the Bills will be in their all-white, standing-buffalo alternative throwback uniforms in week 2, which is against the Panthers. So that may be one more date for the Panthers' black jerseys (and black pants, perhaps?).

I think you're right. http://www.buffalobi...22-c7457f5bd8df

You know something. Since the white throwback is based on the 60s when the Bills won the AFC championships, the San Diego Chargers would be a perfect opponent for them to wear them against in 2014.

The one other game the Dolphins could have wore aqua at would have been Tampa, but the game against the Bucs is a night game and past October.

The orange alternates have only been worn when the Dolphins have more than 1 night home game. Are there plans for the orange jerseys to come back with the new design?

No orange for the Dolphins - click here.

The Cowboys will wear their white jerseys (except their Thanksgiving throwbacks) at home the entire season.

Hold up, stop the press. The Cowboys will wear their white uniforms at home for 7 games and the throwbacks for the Thanksgiving game? News to me. A truly unexpected uniform selection, given their history.

In all seriousness, will the Dark Blues disappear for an entire season again? I was looking through our schedule and I didn't see a single game where wearing those uniforms was a real possibility. Unless if the Eagles or Redskins force Dallas to wear them (damn you Shanahan, damn you!), I don't see it happening.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

The Cowboys will wear their white jerseys (except their Thanksgiving throwbacks) at home the entire season.

Hold up, stop the press. The Cowboys will wear their white uniforms at home for 7 games and the throwbacks for the Thanksgiving game? News to me. A truly unexpected uniform selection, given their history.

In all seriousness, will the Dark Blues disappear for an entire season again? I was looking through our schedule and I didn't see a single game where wearing those uniforms was a real possibility. Unless if the Eagles or Redskins force Dallas to wear them (damn you Shanahan, damn you!), I don't see it happening.

I think there is an excellent chance they will be wearing the dark blues September 29th at San Diego. The Chargers usually wear white at home the first 2-3 home games of the regular season, and I do not expect that to change this upcoming season.

And during the Mike Shanahan era, his teams never wore white at home during his tenure as a head coach in the NFL, except once. That was in 2003, when the Chargers played the Broncos at Invesco Field in Denver. I believe in the first meeting between these two teams, the Broncos were supposed to wear the dark blue jerseys at San Diego, whereas the Chargers was supposed to wear white. But Shanahan didn't get the message or flat out deliberately wanted the Broncos to wear white in San Diego. The Chargers had no choice but to wear their dark blue jerseys in the hot California sun. The Broncos won the game, but lost money by the NFL by violating the uniform policy. The Broncos agreed to let the Chargers decide which uniforms they wanted to wear in the rematch in Denver. Surprisingly, they decided to wear their home navy jerseys for the road game, and the Broncos wore the road white jerseys at home. Unfortunately for the Chargers that plan backfired. The Broncos crushed them 37-8.

2783234_10.jpg

According to the news articles at the time, the uniform screw up for the game in San Diego was just a miscommunication - not a deliberate act by Shanahan. They blamed the equipment managers.

The Chargers were good and angry about it though.

The week 4 game at San Diego looks the most likely. Unless it somehow changes under Mike McCoy. Since 2001, the only times the Chargers didn't wear white for early season games aside from the 2003 incident was in 2005 and 2006. One of those two years was a home opener against the Cowboys.

Another thought might be against Kansas City. When Reid was with the Eagles he had Philly wear white for early season home games. If by some chance he brings that to KC, maybe the Chiefs wear white against the Cowboys. Especially to beat the heat.

The Eagles have worn white at home from September to mid October until 2010. In 2011 they didn't wear white for home games at all, and in 2012 they only did it in the home opener against the Ravens.

New Orleans wears white for early season games. I will say though that teams have purposely worn white at home before just to force Dallas in their blues. I wouldn't count out the Saints as being one of those teams.

The rest of the teams one the Cowboys schedule have no chance for a blue jersey appearance. Green Bay, Minnesota, the New York Giants, and Washington (who changed in 2010) strictly wear dark at home.

Since the Bengals game is on Halloween, it would be fitting for them to wear their "costumes". Thank goodness they won't...

chad-johnson.jpg

Archived