2013 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos

canzman

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SEA-JAX is a prime example why Nike needs to stay the hell out of the NFL. isn't ruining college football enough?

And do you believe Adidas and Under Armour would do any better? Highly doubtful.

I love this response every time somebody criticizes Nike. Like if you don't get Nike, you obviously have to take one of the other interchangeable, self-promoting, mega sports behemoths.

How about this for a radical idea. Each team contracts a design firm of their choice (or maybe does the work in-house) takes that design to the NFL's chosen manufacturer (currently Nike) and that company executes the design?

Crazy thought, huh?

SEA-JAX is a prime example why Nike needs to stay the hell out of the NFL. isn't ruining college football enough?

And do you believe Adidas and Under Armour would do any better? Highly doubtful.

I love this response every time somebody criticizes Nike. Like if you don't get Nike, you obviously have to take one of the other interchangeable, self-promoting, mega sports behemoths.

How about this for a radical idea. Each team contracts a design firm of their choice (or maybe does the work in-house) takes that design to the NFL's chosen manufacturer (currently Nike) and that company executes the design?

Crazy thought, huh?

That is actually how many teams do it... All teams have the option of getting designs from the current manufacturer but are not required to have to get the designs from them. They actually do not even have to use anything from the manufacture if they don't want to. Case in point look at Oakland. The only think Nike on their Uniforms is the "swoosh" logos that they are required to put on.

It is just that the 4 most recent teams to change (Seahawks, Dolphins, Jaguars, and Vikings) decided to go with designs that they got from Nike.

Crazy thought, huh?

That is actually how many teams do it... All teams have the option of getting designs from the current manufacturer but are not required to have to get the designs from them. They actually do not even have to use anything from the manufacture if they don't want to. Case in point look at Oakland. The only think Nike on their Uniforms is the "swoosh" logos that they are required to put on.

It is just that the 4 most recent teams to change (Seahawks, Dolphins, Jaguars, and Vikings) decided to go with designs that they got from Nike.

In other words, every single team that's made a change since Nike got the contract. Yes, I get that a lot teams haven't changed, and are just letting Nike produce their uniforms as they've always been. But will any team do a redesign during the term of the NFL/Nike partnership without at least some of Nike's input? Probably not, is my guess.

Look, I guess my main complaint about these big design firms having so much input into the designs is the tendency to (consciously or not) impose a "house style" on the overall look of a league. You can really see it in college football. We don't need to see the swoosh or the 3 bar logo to tell instantly which megacorp produced it. When I see a team put out a new brand, I want any thoughts about the manufacturer to be a distant second (at best) to my thoughts about the team. And, mostly, I just like it when the teams of a league have a bit of diversity and quirkiness. Call me crazy, but I think it's cool when a team has a logo that was designed by the owners kid (OK... sometimes its cool). Everything doesn't have to be so polished and marketed.

Remember any combos posted prior to game or posted prior to an announcement by the team are an assumption and will be updated as needed.

Regular Season Week 4 (Part 1) Byes: Panthers, Packers

49ers @ Rams

nP5Er.jpgFQmEY.jpg

Ravens @ Bills

IowjSuD.jpgKeq79Q6.jpg

Cardinals @ Buccaneers

jCg7q.jpg7PN5sCh.jpg

Steelers @ Vikings

k78fY.jpgPIMFz7J.jpg

Giants @ Chiefs

yM6TN.jpgvfktl.jpg

On Week 4-

-I think the Titans will be in white again against the Jets.

-I think the Saints will be in white jerseys with black pants.

-I think the Ravens will be in white jerseys and black pants.

-Highly doubt that the Browns, after wearing brown in week 1 at home, go back to wearing white at home in game 2.

On Week 4-

-Highly doubt that the Browns, after wearing brown in week 1 at home, go back to wearing white at home in game 2.

Bengals jersey chart for the season states they are in black Sunday. That is the basis for the Browns in white.

The Bengals is obviously a mistake. They did the same thing last year when they hosted the Browns. The site said they would be in black and they wore white. And the Browns wore white week 1 so it is pretty much guaranteed that the Bengals will be in white and I would say black pants since they usually alternate white and black.

Also, I HIGHLY doubt the Ravens will wear white pants.

On Week 4-

I also think the Buccaneers will wear white with pewter pants against the Cardinals now that they can not wear their throwbacks. And there still might be a chance that the Vikes could wear white with purple pants look against the Steelers due to the London game (teams wear the opposite at home one week prior to the London game).

On Week 4-

I also think the Buccaneers will wear white with pewter pants against the Cardinals now that they can not wear their throwbacks. And there still might be a chance that the Vikes could wear white with purple pants look against the Steelers due to the London game (teams wear the opposite at home one week prior to the London game).

Yeah, this keeps getting pushed, but I'm not buying it. You know, the Steelers wore black this past sunday. If it really is impossible to ship the uniform that you wore the week previous, how do you suppose the Steelers will get their dark jerseys there? I'd be pretty shocked to see the Vikings not in purple sunday.

On Week 4-

Yeah, this keeps getting pushed, but I'm not buying it. You know, the Steelers wore black this past sunday. If it really is impossible to ship the uniform that you wore the week previous, how do you suppose the Steelers will get their dark jerseys there? I'd be pretty shocked to see the Vikings not in purple sunday.

Yeah, I forgot the Steelers were at home, I assumed they were on the road yesterday. So yes I give up, the Vikes will likely wear purple this week. Won't mention it ever again. My bad!!!

OTOH. I think the Saints and Ravens would look better with the lighter look. Saints have the best look in the NFL when wearing gold pants (being with the black or the white jerseys), but the worst look when they wear the leotard like black pants. I hope they have the guts to scrap them (I doubt it very much). And even though I am not a fan of the "all white" look, the Ravens are a whole lot better wearing the white look. Although I would love to see the Ravens wear purple pants (with a gold/white/gold stripes in the side). Although that is wishful thinking on my part.

The Bucs likely told the league in June or July they'd be in the "dark' tops at home for this game against AZ. Doesn't matter if they are in the orange throwbacks or the red regulars.

Maybe that can change (as it apparently did late for Cleveland in their early season home jersey schedule) but these decisions are usually made months in advance.

Be nice if the Bucs actually wore the white pants at some point in the regular season again too. Since they can't beat anyone wearing white with pewter at home, maybe all white might work for a week?

Archived