2013 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos

canzman

I absolutely loved the brown on brown tonight. Very refreshing. I really don't understand the monochrome bias around here.

Because if it doesn't have 1,000 stripes on it and look like it's from 1960, then it's crap in here.

I just found out they wore all-brown because today was Jim Brown Day. Now that is pretty awesome! Love that.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I absolutely loved the brown on brown tonight. Very refreshing. I really don't understand the monochrome bias around here.

I agree...

Does somebody want to explain to me how white striped socks would somehow make this more aesthetically pleasing?

I can't think of one reason it would improve the look, other than the fact that it would "break things up".

White socks would stick out like a sore thumb. Not to mention, the stripes wouldn't match a thing. Some of you like stripes for the sake of stripes...

Stripes for stripes' sake?

SFSS...

I like the solid brown. The only time solid matching socks don't work for me, is when the uniform top is an entirely different color, making the set bottom-heavy. (See: Saints, Ravens black pants with white tops.)

But, I wouldn't be opposed to orange striped socks with the brown uniform & pants. At least then we'd have more balance.

All opinions though, so suit yourselves.

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Bad news for all the Brown out haters. I think the fact that they won will mean we will see them again. I could see them wearing them again this year for games against the Steelers or Ravens. Also if the players have any say in what they wear. I think those young guys like that look.

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

Brown monochrome is "refreshing." If you say so, sir. :suspect:

For a team that's worn the same boring brown/white and white/white combinations for almost every game since 2005, yeah I'd say it's a refreshing change considering this is (I'm pretty sure) the first time brown monochrome has ever been seen in the NFL.

Yes, stripeless pants do really suck.

I just wonder how Notre Dame, Florida State, Penn State, UCLA, Michigan, Texas and Colorado have been able to pull it off for a few decades without being laughed out of various football stadiums.

Notre Dame should put some really nice navy and white stripes on their pants, just for the hell of it. Has nothing to do with their uniform, but hey, you just gotta have stripes on things because you just do.

Plus Michigan would look better if they had a nice white sock with some big ole' navy and gold stripe on it. I think they used to wear those in the 1910's in the Big House, so they still should be worn today. The kids think striped socks in football and basketball are daft dope! LeBron ought to get some red and black tube socks and pull them up to this groin like the fellas in 1974 used to do.

Once again kids...some football pants look fine with stripes. Some aren't needed at all. Especially on some non-white pants.

The Browns actually looked sorta cool tonight. First time the Browns have been called "cool" by anyone in....forever? They have the most boring and stale look in the league most weeks. The all white uniforms are hideous and beyond tired. I think they need to use either brown or orange pants with the white uniforms just because ANYTHING they wear would trump those all white things. Hopefully they can freshen up their look in 2014 and come into the 21st century a tad.

Don't like the stripeless pants for any team, making them look like yoga pants, or, if monochome like the Saints, the mentioned unitard look.

My observation for the Browns pants (and for that matter the jerseys).

1. The brown pants are okay, and I can deal with them. But I just wish would not follow the Saints and Ravens lead and have them look like they are wearing brown leotards. I would like to see the brown pants upgraded to having stripes in them. Have an orange/white/orange on the side of the brown pants and then it will be a huge upgrade.

2. I rather see the Browns wear the brown pants ONLY when wearing white jerseys, they had a decent look wearing them in 2009. On the other hand, I would like to see them wear the orange pants when wearing the brown jerseys. That look that they wore from 1975-83 was the best combo out there.

3. I am not of fan of their white pants, but I understand for them its tradition, and they will probably wear them more often than the brown or orange pants. Still, I wouldn't lose sleep if they decide to get rid of them for good!!

Just when I thought the Browns had burned those horrible browns pants they wear them tonight! It is like looking at a vertical Hershey bar dipped in orange food coloring. UGLY!!!! This game could have been a 9/10 if the Browns wore white and/or orange pants....it would have been perfect it the grey facemasks were gone and the Browns wore white and/or orange pants.

Wait... you don't like gray facemasks? Really?

Huh... who knew?

Gridiron Uniform just tweeted this of Billy Cundiff. Monobrown!

https://twitter.com/GridironUniform/status/385908951734181888

Awful. Maybe after the loss they will never wear them again...

Yes, they can get back to losing most weeks in their "traditional" garb instead.

The Browns will have new threads in 2014, so you probably won't have to worry about the brown britches past this year anyway.

Actually it is 2015... Jimmy Haslam and Joe Banner wanted to make the change in 2014 but instead decided to take two full seasons to fully research and look at any and all options before they make any changes to the uniform.

You know, when I first saw the Browns in brown pants & jerseys, my first thought was "Lol, poop."

My second thought was "You know, I'm too damn old for that."

It wasn't that bad. I like their stripeless pants look better than Baltimore and New Orleans.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

What I find the most interesting about the all brown look last night is that the brown pants are not even listed any longer in the Browns official style guide. They were removed last year when Nike took over.

What I find the most interesting about the all brown look last night is that the brown pants are not even listed any longer in the Browns official style guide. They were removed last year when Nike took over.

Interesting. Were those Nike pants last night, or did someone fish those older monstrosities out of a dumpster somewhere?

Interesting. Were those Nike pants last night, or did someone fish those older monstrosities out of a dumpster somewhere?

No, they had the Nike logo on them. Pants don't have to be in the official style guide.

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

No, they had the Nike logo on them. Pants don't have to be in the official style guide.

They also had mesh on the sides, so they were the same template/fabric as the new Nike pants.

Archived