2013 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos

canzman

Anyone else notice that there was barely any pink gear this weekend? The Bears Redskins game had some but I didn't see much in the other games.

There was a lot in the Bears-Redskins game because it was the Redskins' first, and only, home game in October.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I must have missed the details about the Jags UK socks. Are they supposed to be black triple stripe if so I really like ?

As for the Titans I still never understood why they haven't worn the Columbia over White ? It would probably be best combination and the most "Oiler" like and don't give this bs that they can't wear it because it was retired.

All that was retired was the name, they still hold the history and all the colors that uniform is a mess it's got 4 or 5 colors going on not to mention if Adams wanted to wear the combo they could have he founded the damn franchise in each Incarnation if I remember he is the reason the Titans went back to colum--Titan blue whatever because he missed it.

It's just this a shame scarlet had to be pushed to the back burner for Navy, just killed one of the best color combinations in NFL history.

personal opinion maybe Adam's grandson will make some much needed changes to the Titans uniform in the coming years.

#DTWD #GoJaguars

As for the Titans I still never understood why they haven't worn the Columbia over White ? It would probably be best combination and the most "Oiler" like and don't give this bs that they can't wear it because it was retired.

All that was retired was the name, they still hold the history and all the colors that uniform is a mess it's got 4 or 5 colors going on not to mention if Adams wanted to wear the combo they could have he founded the damn franchise in each Incarnation if I remember he is the reason the Titans went back to colum--Titan blue whatever because he missed it.

It's just this a shame scarlet had to be pushed to the back burner for Navy, just killed one of the best color combinations in NFL history.

personal opinion maybe Adam's grandson will make some much needed changes to the Titans uniform in the coming years.

Maybe now that Bud Adams has been planted in the ground there is hope that we will see the columbia blue-over-white combo.

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

Love them or hate them, they have a distinct look that is always recognizable.

except when they wear their blue alts and look exactly like the Lions.

No they don't.

you're right, these uniforms look nothing alike at all...

Carolina-Panthers-2012-2013-Blue-AlternaUSP_NFL__Detroit_Lions_at_Tennessee_Tita

How would two teams with silver helmets and pants, and lighter blue jerseys, with black trim and facemasks be similar?

No they don't.

Carolina-Panthers-2012-2013-Blue-AlternaUSP_NFL__Detroit_Lions_at_Tennessee_Tita

How would two teams with silver helmets and pants, and lighter blue jerseys, with black trim and facemasks be similar?

You said "exactly."

There are similarities, but anybody with a seeing pair of eyes will never confuse the two. Different shade of blue, different sleeve stripes, different pants stripes, predominantly black logo vs predominantly blue logo, different socks. Yeah, "exactly" is the wrong word.

Hell, one plays outdoors on grass, the other plays indoors on field turf.

Rams%20Panthers%20Football_3661314_ver1.

Go A's!

No they don't.

You said "exactly."

There are similarities, but anybody with a seeing pair of eyes will never confuse the two. Different shade of blue, different sleeve stripes, different pants stripes, predominantly black logo vs predominantly blue logo, different socks. Yeah, "exactly" is the wrong word.

Other than the socks and the color inserts I would agree with others this is the same color scheme. This is why I'm glad Denver went back to orange as they essentially duplicated Chicago's appearance with navy helmet jersey, white numbers, and orange trim. Ideally the league should push for distinct helmet/jersey/pant color combos for each of their franchises.

Carolina's an identity disaster. Their primary is a drab all white+silver lid. Best look resembles the lions, black/silver is very raiders-esque and the black top&bottom has a total college feel to it.

What I don't get is the fact that they can easily create a great and unique identity by emphasizing the electric blue (especially with the helmet), lose the silver, and make black a secondary color.

Same color scheme with slightly different colors and two completely different designs. Going with what the OP said, the Panthers are recognizable. I have never confused them with the Lions, as he is suggesting.

And as for the Broncos and Bears, yes, their color schemes are also similar but never have I not recognized the Bears or Broncos when I see them on TV. There's enough difference in their design for me to differentiate easily.

135518465_crop_650x440.jpg

Go A's!

Hell I don't even think the silvers match.

The fabric don't match for sure as Detroit's is Nike's new flat looking material and Carolina still uses the shiny fabric. I really never noticed this until last night when you could see the shine on the white pants the Panthers were wearing. Personally I prefer the shine to the dull look.

spacer.png

Same color scheme with slightly different colors and two completely different designs. Going with what the OP said, the Panthers are recognizable. I have never confused them with the Lions, as he is suggesting.

And as for the Broncos and Bears, yes, their color schemes are also similar but never have I not recognized the Bears or Broncos when I see them on TV. There's enough difference in their design for me to differentiate easily.

135518465_crop_650x440.jpg

To clarify I never stated that bears/broncos or lions/panthers could not be identified from one another espeically on tv. My argument is similar to others that in the instance of the latter teams, their looks essentially copy the balance of colors of longer established teams which do not make them exact copies of the older teams but do in fact create a very similar look.

To also reitereate my main point, when you have only 32 teams and a huge palette of colors to choose from how difficult is it to define a unique primary look (helmet/jersey/pant) as opposed to duplicating one that already exists?

No they don't.

You said "exactly."

Hell, one plays outdoors on grass, the other plays indoors on field turf.

semantics. the uniforms looks very similar, especially to the average Joe who doesn't know what a "pantone value" is. First thing I thought of when I saw this alt is that it looks a LOT like the Lions, same thing when the Lions came out with the awful black alt a few years back,

Not sure how the field surface plays into the equation? Lions play some games on grass every year, and the Panthers play on turf sometimes.

Archived