2013 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos

canzman

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Possible. I remember in the video that went behind the scenes of designing the new uniforms this season, there was a screen shot of an orange Jersey on the computer in one of the shots.

If I were a betting man though I'd say it's the darker blue with orange numbers. One of their players tweeted a picture of a t shirt in that style and hah tagged possible alternate, then deleted it when it caught people's attention

Brown monochrome is "refreshing." If you say so, sir. :suspect:

For a team that's worn the same boring brown/white and white/white combinations for almost every game since 2005, yeah I'd say it's a refreshing change considering this is (I'm pretty sure) the first time brown monochrome has ever been seen in the NFL.

muddy.jpg

well there was this...

Sorry, but they looked pretty darned good in all purple. Much better then they did in the previous set. They have much better uniforms then they have had in a while (if not ever).

Correction... for most of this season they had looked much better then they have in a while. Yes, this season's set is a huge improvement. However, a bad combination is a bad combination. Last night they looked like every other NFL team looks when wearing a single color from head to toe. Like a high school team. I can think of at least 4 local high schools teams that wear purple monochrome uniforms... why not? They're 16 and 17 year olds. Adults, however, look like clowns.

Its not a new helmet, just a redecalled helmet

So it's a navy helmet with the royal blue jersey?

well the normal throwback helmets are a dark navy, its just the helmets now are metallic

Oh yes, that's right.

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

Correction... for most of this season they had looked much better then they have in a while. Yes, this season's set is a huge improvement. However, a bad combination is a bad combination. Last night they looked like every other NFL team looks when wearing a single color from head to toe. Like a high school team. I can think of at least 4 local high schools teams that wear purple monochrome uniforms... why not? They're 16 and 17 year olds. Adults, however, look like clowns.

I think most rational folks would say the Vikes looked pretty good last night. The colors matched well and the stripe on the pant matched the stripe on the shirt.

Just because you don't like ANYONE who wears monochrome colored uniforms doesn't make it right. Just makes you in the minority with the rest of American football in this era. Yes, lots of high schools wear monochrome. So do lots of colleges at all levels. So do some CFL teams and NFL teams now too. Some look good and some don't. Just like some teams wearing the "traditional" looks look good and some look like crap.

The Rams are an example of a team that looks bad in all navy. Why? Striping is all mismatched (the pant stripe is stupid and doesn't go with anything else in the uniform) and also because we all know they buried the solid gold pants, which was infinitly better looking for them.

The Vikes looked good. I think they looked better in all purple then they did with white jersey's and purple pants. Hopefully we see it more then once a year. Its a solid look.

The all purple looked ridiculous.

and Unprofessional. Ridiculous and unprofessional.

I'm not a huge fan of monochrome but I thought it looked fine. When the pants don't have any striping is when it looks the worst, IMO. Like Baltimore's black monochrome and Cleveland's poopsicles.

Its not a new helmet, just a redecalled helmet

So it's a navy helmet with the royal blue jersey?

It always was...

1-t1454203-.jpg

Yes, someone already pointed this out to me. Thank you.

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

The all purple looked ridiculous.

and Unprofessional. Ridiculous and unprofessional.

Unprofessional???

What world do you some of people live in?

What is a "professional" team supposed to look like? Like they did 40 years ago? 20 years ago? Last year? Should all coaches wear suits and ties? Should all the games be on grass fields and outdoors?

The Vikings play in a freakin' dome stadium with a mascot who rides around on a motorcycle and whose owner is named "Zigi". Are any of those things the proper ideals of a "professional" football squad?

Counting all the white/white teams (and that is as much "monochrome" as anything else is) and the teams with dark pants options, there are a grand total of 4 teams (Buffalo, Washington, New England and Chicago) who haven't gone "monochrome" yet through the first 12 games of 2013 that could conceivably do it. A few teams (like San Fran, Dallas and Pittsburgh) don't have the option to do it, so they don't count.

So for about 80% of the elgible teams, they have decided to look "unprofessional" (according to you) for at least one game this year. I guess they didn't get the memo how unprofessional that look is now. Either that or folks like you need to get into the 21st century and quit labeling a team that dares to wear all purple or all black or all red as "unprofessional".

You know what made the Vikes look "unprofessional"? Their dogcrap QB play and their unwillingness to stop anybody on defense. Not what pants they wore with their purple jersey. It was a solid look. Which is what makes it even better for those of us who like to watch the "traditionalists" squirm anytime one of their beloved teams dares to look a little different once or twice a year.

I would welcome an alternate in that darker blue color. It's a nice twist that still has an aqua hue to it. The orange is too overwhelming.

It's actually not an Aqua at all, but I do agree that it is a good compliment to the new shade of Aqua:

MiamiDolphinsAqua_9999_SCC_SRGB.pngMiamiDolphinsBlue_9999_SCC_SRGB.pngMiamiDolphinsOrange_9999_SCC_SRGB.png

The new Blue is closer in color to the old Seahawks Blue...

Bills are not wearing white at home vs. the Chiefs.

Fans are encouraged to wear white to the November 3 game to match the players’ road white uniforms

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Bills-Chiefs-game-sold-out/fda250a1-38b1-49c7-963c-ff35531b6bd0

Yes they are. We knew this a long time ago and the quote and link you provided proves this, not what you're saying.

Archived