2013 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos

canzman

The Redskins should've gone the extra mile. Make up decals that match the logo on the sleeves and change the facemasks from yellow to gold to match the numbers.

Now that would've looked pretty neat. (Can't do anything about the burgundy/maroon colors not matching though)

no gray facemask, or black

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree that the Rams navy blue helmets look great on the classic uniforms. Please use that and never change.

Also, I think the Rams are the one team that the "toilet bowl" collars look good on. I mean, they look like ram horns.

This week, I have came to some NFL realizations.

-Why are the Rams using that ugly blue still? Please.... for the love of god... go back to that Snazzy Royal blue. Or find a medium. Not that nasty navy.

-Houston should switch to their red jersey/white pants/blue helmet for good. Best combination they have, and is perfect for being a team that prides itself on their patriotic look.

-The Redskins need to use that weird brownish gold instead of the yellow. Change the helmet facemask to the gold and switch the yellow parts of the logo with the gold. That is one awesome looking uniform.

Getting later into the afternoon, the difference in burgundys between the Redskins' helmet and jersey is getting less noticeable. Maybe it's because the field is covered in shadows now.

But yeah the helmet-jersey combo doesn't look bad at all now (except for the differing Indian logo on the helmet and sleeve)

This pic is a good example of what I was talking about. The look began to grow on me as the shadows came in.

David+Amerson+San+Diego+Chargers+v+Washi

90758391980.gif

Getting later into the afternoon, the difference in burgundys between the Redskins' helmet and jersey is getting less noticeable. Maybe it's because the field is covered in shadows now.

But yeah the helmet-jersey combo doesn't look bad at all now (except for the differing Indian logo on the helmet and sleeve)

This pic is a good example of what I was talking about. The look began to grow on me as the shadows came in.

David+Amerson+San+Diego+Chargers+v+Washi

I thought it looks great, despite the old and new logos. I actually LOVED the stripe-less helmet.

I actually wouldn't mind them switching to this full-time with a few minor tweaks like the facemask color and logo consistency. With those flaws, it still looks great....awesome color scheme is probably to thank for that.

Glad they did this. I was certain with the new stupid helmet rule, those uniforms were dead. Nice compromise, Skins, it worked out well.

And better yet, we FINALLY WON in a throwback uniform! Maybe we'll wear them again...I'd love to see them vs. Dallas.
tempWRSDC9--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?width
110313-redskins-chargers-600.jpg
Chargers_Redskins_Football_-02fe3.jpg
1383511487000-rg3.jpg
smhchargers333009x0018_r940x635.jpg?9a81
DY_TouchdownFun.jpg
hi-res-186712604-alfred-morris-of-the-wa
87Redskins.png

Remember any combos posted prior to game or posted prior to an announcement by the team are an assumption and will be updated as needed.

Regular Season Week 10 (Part 1) Byes: Browns, Chiefs, Patriots, Jets

Redskins @ Vikings

KKC6aBR.jpgPIMFz7J.jpg

Eagles @ Packers

E1NQX.jpgKrkW9.jpg

Jaguars @ Titans

2dKbhCa.jpgnZq6A.jpg

Bills @ Steelers

6wcETlg.jpgbr8Ls.jpg

Raiders @ Giants

AvaEs.jpgDZ9sqtR.jpg

The Eagles are likely going to be in all white again next week in Green Bay. And then we'll see how interesting they get for the Washington home game the week after. Time to change things up I think when you've lost 10 straight at home.

I'd guess its time for the Ravens to bring out the black pants with the purple jerseys. Seems like they have worn that combo twice in the regular season in recent years so they better get to it. I'd guess all black for the Thanksgiving bore-fest against Pitt as well.

If the Miami Hazers don't wear the teal pants next week in primetime, not sure they are going to get brought out of the box in 2013. Which would suck.

Archived