2013 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos

canzman

Does anyone know what the deal is with the Dolphins aqua pants? When they revealed the new uniforms, about half the players were wearing them, as if they were planning on wearing them often, but they've gone all white in both road games so far. From 08-11 they wore aqua pants for every road game. Will they start wearing them in the regular season at least? The all whites are so dull.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have come full circle on the Dolphins new look. Hated the new logo and uniforms when first released but they have grown on me. Love the all white look with the bright aqua digits and stripes. So fresh and so clean

Mike+Pouncey+Miami+Dolphins+v+Jacksonvil

I have come full circle on the Dolphins new look. Hated the new logo and uniforms when first released but they have grown on me. Love the all white look with the bright aqua digits and stripes. So fresh and so clean

Yea they look pretty nice but they should save them for home games in the hot sun and use the aqua pants on the road like they've done in recent years.

Remember any combos posted prior to game or posted prior to an announcement by the team are an assumption and will be updated as needed.

Preseason Week 3 (Part 1)

Patriots @ Lions

zpqpZ.jpgG4GYw.jpg

Panthers @ Ravens

dFmCg.jpgFVjJusB.jpg

Seahawks @ Packers

9AEf6.jpgKrkW9.jpg

Bears @ Raiders

NDsUYJy.jpglVo3V.jpg

Bills @ Redskins

Keq79Q6.jpgKKC6aBR.jpg

...and so 3D.

3D.jpg

6f464e55-6abd-4e92-8ed3-55294054cd9a_zps4cb745f0-396d-406b-aa2d-41a0409c5d7a_zps21dbccf3-aad2-4b7e-8950-645ef30f9d11_zps

Yea they look pretty nice but they should save them for home games in the hot sun and use the aqua pants on the road like they've done in recent years.

Or just quit with the "hot sun" nonsense and just wear aqua jersey's at home.

If "white at home" was such an advantage in the warm weather, then you'd think colleges like Miami, South Florida, Florida State and Florida International would all do it too.

That way, you don't get stuck wearing white for 80% of your season too. Actually wearing some color sometimes isn't a bad thing.

I had a feeling this would happen. I was ready to see those whites. Oh well, we will get a lot of the whites this year for the Jags. The first six games of the year will be all white.

No, all they have said is they would wear the white jerseys.

You have no idea whether they'll wear white or black pants. My guess, is they'll mix-and-match.

By the way, the Steelers will be blown out if KC wears the all white look on Saturday. If KC breaks out the red pants, the Chiefs will be blown out or shut out by Pittsburgh. Have the Chiefsgot rid of the red pants yet? The all white look is so much better with the home red socks.

The Jags are going all white tomorrow.

I had a feeling this would happen. I was ready to see those whites. Oh well, we will get a lot of the whites this year for the Jags. The first six games of the year will be all white.

No, all they have said is they would wear the white jerseys.

You have no idea whether they'll wear white or black pants. My guess, is they'll mix-and-match.

I know that. Bad sentence structure on my part. I am speaking about tops only. I meant ALL six home games will be white tops.

Remember any combos posted prior to game or posted prior to an announcement by the team are an assumption and will be updated as needed.

Bills @ Redskins

dGKdh01.jpgZSeIG.jpg

Bills are in blue jerseys, white pants for their game today per tweeted photos of the dressing room.

Here's the pic from the Bills official Twitter account. http://t.co/gMmYjv76Yj

Bills @ RedskinsdGKdh01.jpgZSeIG.jpg

Bills are in blue jerseys, white pants for their game today per tweeted photos of the dressing room.

...and so 3D.

3D.jpg

I hadn't noticed this before, now I can't unsee it.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

Or just quit with the "hot sun" nonsense and just wear aqua jersey's at home.

If "white at home" was such an advantage in the warm weather, then you'd think colleges like Miami, South Florida, Florida State and Florida International would all do it too.

That way, you don't get stuck wearing white for 80% of your season too. Actually wearing some color sometimes isn't a bad thing.

I understand your point of view. But there is a big difference to why an NFL team like the Dolphins wear white at home compared to the college teams you listed. For one, usually teams from the south tend to play most of the football at night when the temperatures are cooler and less humid. Where as the Dolphins predominately play their home games at noon (1 p.m. eastern time). The weather is hot and very humid, and the Dolphins would wear white so that the heat will not absorb much sweat on lighter colors (which in this case white) than they would when they wear their darker colors. Hence, it psychologically gives them (and any other NFL warm area team) an advantage early on during the season.

Second, it might also be tradition. The Dolphins have worn white at home for more than 40 seasons during day games, and aqua at night games. They probably love that tradition so much that they don't want to change. Obviously, the Dallas Cowboys wear white at home all the time (night or day), because of tradition (although personally I think it is dumb. Might make sense 30 years ago, but not now).

Also, college football is very strict about having teams wear white jerseys at home. They did relax that rule to schools like LSU and Georgia Tech because of tradition. They like wearing white at home, and have done so for nearly 50 years. But more often than not, you will very rarely see college teams wear white at home. More schools would rather wear their color jerseys.

Archived