What if Nike took over the Brazilian Football League?

johnrafael

BrasileiroBanner1.png

I'm a Brazilian fan of (American) Football. Our Major League of Football, still amateur, is ruled by CBFA (Brazilian Confederation of American Football) and encompasses,in this season, 33 teams, divided irregularly between four conferences:

From CBFA official site:

NORTHERN CONFERENCE

• Manaus Cavaliers (AM)
  • Titans FA (PA)

NORTHEASTERN CONFERENCE

Division North

• Ceará Cangaceiros (CE)
  • Dragões do Mar de Fortaleza (CE)
  • João Pessoa Espectros (PB)
  • Ceará Fênix (CE)
  • Mossoró Petroleiros (RN)
  • Treze Roosters (PB)
  • Natal Scorpions (RN)

Division South

• Sergipe Bravos (SE)
  • América Bulls (RN)
  • Confiança Imortais (SE)
  • Salvador Kings (BA)
  • Maceió Marechais (AL)
  • Recife Mariners (PE)
  • Recife Pirates (PE)

CENTRAL CONFERENCE

• Cuiabá Arsenal (MT)
  • Rio Branco Cabritos (ES)
  • Sinop Coyotes (MT)
  • Brasil Devilz (SP)
  • Jacarés do Pantanal (MS)
  • Reptiles (RJ)
  • Spartans Football (SP)
  • São Paulo Storm (SP)
  • Vipers Army (SP)
  • Rio Preto Weilers (SP)

SOUTHERN CONFERENCE

• Bárbaros do Vale (SC)
  • Curitiba Brown Spiders (PR)
  • Coritiba Crocodiles (PR)
  • Curitiba Hurricanes (PR)
  • São José Istepôs (SC)
  • Curitiba Predadores (PR)
  • Santa Maria Soldiers (RS)

My initial intention was to make the 33 teams, but I see are many, and my time these days is little, will reduce the teams. Will ride new conferences and divisions. And since I will further refine the work, accept suggestions. First about what I can do to the logo of the League. All ideas will be read and analyzed with care.

I have to ask is there an actual American football league in Brazil? Either way can't wait to see the logos and unis or kits or whatever you want to call them this will be an interesting concept because most of the time when a member posts foreign football it's of a countries national team or of London or something so ill be watching closely good luck!

Not just one. There's two national leagues.

Unfortunately, there is a split on Football in Brazil. Some teams have abandoned the national federation, and these were the ones who had good contracts with professional soccer teams. These created the Touchdown Tournament. To complete the space left by a without quality central conference in CBFA Championship, and also to unify again the league, some teams of Touchdown Tournament may enter the league.

ABC Corsários

Botafogo Football

Corinthians Steamrollers

Jaraguá Breakers

Palmeiras Locomotives

Ribeirão Preto Challengers

Santos Tsunami

T-Rex (ex-Timbó Rhinos),

Tubarões do Cerrado,

Uberlândia Lobos,

Vasco da Gama Patriotas,

Vila Velha Tritões

Antares,

Brasília V8,

Campo Grande Gravediggers,

Ipatinga Tigres,

Lusa Rhynos,

Porto Alegre Bulls

So, Let's go down with basic information.

BPn9M8a.png

The league logo is basic, depicting only the necessary itens to represent the national identity. The color variety represents national flag and also the spreading of the league in the 5 main regions of country.

The 20 teams are chosen between national two top leagues, based on spread over nation and potential fanbases.

a991Q0d.png

Major cities like Rio de Janeiro, São Paulo and Curitiba, with more tradition in Football, have 2 teams each. The Northeastern Region, where the football is growing as a popular sport, have 7 of 9 states with teams. Special mention to João Pessoa Espectros (Spectres), regional champions and 3rd place at last year CBFA national championship. You can see the full map down below.

UMcsr2e.png

This looks great so far. I have a couple questions about the map.

1) Is there just one dot representing both Scorpions and Petroleiros? Are they both located in Natal?

2) I think Istepos are missing from your map?

Oh, little fails in map. There was a problem with layers

1- Petroleiros (Oilers) play their Games in Mossoró, a city 300 km away from Natal, but in the same state. I didn't want to place 2 dots in a too small state. But it wil be needed, unfortunately...

2- São José Istepôs play in São Jose, Santa Catarina (in map, the blue state in the south without team), I will fix this soon.

Great logos I like Santa Maria the best, on the other hand personally I think that the crocodiles could use some work maybe have the jaw of the croc around the emblem. Also is Corinthians related to the fútbol club or is this a separate club organization all together

These are the real team logos. I'm doing it with real logos. Some of the logos are really dificult to find, I'm sending e-mails to teams, and when I don't have responses, I draw over images, as I've made with Cuiabá Arsenal. Still today, the 1st team

B@ltim0r3R@v3n5,

Coritiba Crocodiles logo is this way because the original team (Crocodiles) has only the crocodile logo, and 2 or 3 years ago, they came to an agreement to use a local soccer team (Coritiba F.C.) "image" to gather fanbase and media exposure. So they not mixed logos or created a new one because this agreement can end at any time. Despite this agreement does not involve money support from the soccer team (as occurs in the other soccer-football associations in course here), I think it's valid because soccer draw almost the entire attention from sports media in Brazil. In fact I dare to say that only soccer has the "big money" for athletes. Volleyball (much levels down) has some media attention too. MMA nowadays it's on "hype" mode.

The late 90's mark the first groups of people playing "organized" football on parks and beaches. Teams started to play football with equipments in 2008 and it's totally amateur. Athletes pay to play (buy equipment, clothing, travels, etc..). This sport is a baby learning to walk.

Very well done and no major gripes, but I would flip the logo on the side of the helmet you have shown so the soldier is facing forward, Just kinda pet peeve of mine, but this is your series and this a very well done set of concepts. I look forward to seeing the rest of it.

Archived