US Men's Olympic Hockey Team

speedy

I had the urge to whip together a USA hockey concept after re-watching Mircale on demand for the 98th time. The 2010 uniforms were about as drab as it gets, and USA Hockey refuses to get away from the navy. With a switch inevitable for 2014, I thought I'd toss my hat into the ring.

I wanted something historically significant. So I drew from the three sources for inspiration on this. 1960, 1980, and 1776. The 1980 tie in is rather subtle, just the plain white/blue stars on the shoulders. I see no reason for a "fancy" design like what was used in 2010. The star alone is significant and striking. No need to put makeup on it. For the 1960 tie in, I used the stripes of that gorgeous set (with some liberates in spacing). From 1776, of course, I pulled the signers of the Declaration of Independence. They now adorn the numbers the players wear. It's a custom block font, which is apparently all the rage these days.

USA2_zpsc292cf73.png

A new crest, based off the numerals has also been created.

USA3_zps0257dab7.png

Now the jerseys. The two red stars on the back signify the 1960 and 1980 gold medals.

USA1_zps92120e70.png

Thoughts?

WOW, THEY NEED TO MAKE THESE. I WANT THE WHOLE SET. How much Speedy? I'll pay any amount. I need this.

Although I have to say, with the star as the shoulder patch it looks similar to the Rochester Americans. ...but at the same time...I have their whole set, and I absolutely love it.

Spectacular!

My only suggestion may just be an issue with seeing them as computer images instead of in real life but it seems the signatures come out much better on the white numbers than on the blue, perhaps for the white the numbers could be solid blue with the signatures on the entire white panel under them.

Like I say, it's just a small suggestion and may be an issue that a full sized jersey wouldn't even have in the first place.

Shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

Wait, what? You're not selling these? Damnit.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived