Madden 08 PC Concepts (Titans Finished)

ColeJ

I recently got into playing Madden 08 on PC, with the mod that updates the uniforms and rosters to 2013.

I started a franchise mode with my Tennessee Titans, and realized that if it's possible for the mod-makers to update the game with modern uniforms, there's nothing keeping me from updating the Titans (and other teams) into my own concepts. I started off by simply changing the home combination to columbia blue over white pants, with plans to change my entire package (logos, stadium, uniforms) the following season.

So far, all I have completed is the new logo and the primary home combination... but I figured I'd show it off here for those interested in such a presentation style.

I present to you, my Tennessee Titans.

62302_10151727655001480_1169998220_n.jpg

and a better view of the logo:

titanslogo_zps6559400d.png

I've tried so very hard to fit red into these, but i feel as though there's just no room for two shades of blue and red in this design (or any design i've been able to put together for the titans over the last 15 years).

it's hard to tell from the graphic posted, but the colors i chose are columbia blue, navy blue, light silver, and an off-white color i'm calling ivory.

the purpose was to create a uniform that was vaguely houston oilers, vaguely tennessee titans, and more literal with the "Titans" name.

the problem with red is that it really warms up the entire palette and doesn't really fit when touching columbia or when touching red, without creating a purpley effect that i hate in most people's concepts.

while the tennessee flag is mostly red, this isn't "team tennessee." my upcoming cowboys concept is predominantly royal blue and silver, when the state flag is navy and red.

i appreciate the feedback, however... and i AM looking for suggestions to fit minimal amounts of red into the concept. possibly with a sleeve logo or something under the collar, without it looking too cluttered or too forced.

putting these mods together takes a lot of time, otherwise i'd be ready to show you all everything right now :)

all i can say is that i'm hoping to complete columbia-over-white, white-over-white, white-over-columbia, navy-over-white, and navy-over-columbia for in-game use in the next week or so...

then finding a way to edit the stadium. i know it's possible, but i'm a newbie to this whole modding thing.

Concept- Love it. A little Lions-y sans red, but it works well for the identity. Can't wait to see more.

Could you please tell me, though, where and how you downloaded the mod for the 2013 update? This game has been gathering dust for a few years now and I was thinking about reinstalling it for old times sake.

just a small update. i'm having all kinds of problems importing nameplates into the game, so that's the hold up...

cj_zps2f813cc7.png

also, i tried my damnedest to include red. it just wasn't going to happen. first of all, it makes the concept too warm. secondly, it makes the concept too complicated. thirdly, it has a hard time touching most of the other colors without serious bleed-over.

the titans current uniforms only use red in the logos as it is, and that's the way it's always been. that will not change with my redesign, as it stands right now.

it's basically a titanized version of the classic houston oilers look, and that works very well for me... an old luv ya blue hanger-on.

just a small update. i'm having all kinds of problems importing nameplates into the game, so that's the hold up...

cj_zps2f813cc7.png

also, i tried my damnedest to include red. it just wasn't going to happen. first of all, it makes the concept too warm. secondly, it makes the concept too complicated. thirdly, it has a hard time touching most of the other colors without serious bleed-over.

the titans current uniforms only use red in the logos as it is, and that's the way it's always been. that will not change with my redesign, as it stands right now.

it's basically a titanized version of the classic houston oilers look, and that works very well for me... an old luv ya blue hanger-on.

IMO don't add the red at all if it doesn't work. You don't have to please everybody. Good concept.

and here are the finished uniforms for my titans... now i just have to change all the front-end logos, field art, stadium art, and all that fun stuff that i have no idea how to mess with, before i can start the second season of my franchise mode.

the home uniform is featured in the center of my graphic, with the primary road jersey (white over columbia) on the left, and the alternate road jersey (white over white) on the right. the two navy blue alternate options are on the outsides of the image. the home jersey can only be worn with the white pants, and the only monochrome option available to the team is white over white.

PANEL_zpsf8b1d7be.png

any and all feedback is most definitely welcome, as i prepare to tackle a few other NFL teams once I finish my ambitious stadium modifications.

Archived