Best Color Scheme in Sports

JCRGraphix

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gonna do a homer pick as well, but Miami has a beautiful color scheme that is never used in pro sports. white/orange/white is beautiful, but you can't beat the white/white/orange road combo.

vinny_testaverde.jpg1986-vinny-testaverde.jpg

Also, here's the Blue Wahoos in action.

Montgomery+Biscuits+v+Pensacola+Blue+Wahoos+1MCehmwNu0Sl.jpgBilly+Hamilton+Pensacola+Blue+Wahoos+v+Mobile+2Og4E32Ud3cl.jpg

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Hands down the best.

453_pensacola-blue_wahoos-primary-2012.gif

I would've never thought of this one, but you're absolutely right. Pink/magenta just might be the most underused color in sports (well, outside of 1/4 of the NFL season).

One of my favourtie colour combos in general is a dark/charcoal grey and orange, but in sport I'd probably go with red blue and white, the way the Rangers use it. No the way the Canadiens do. I've also always loved the Panthers' colours, I just dont think they've ever used them 100% correctly.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

One of my favourtie colour combos in general is a dark/charcoal grey and orange

I agree with this. Also, blue and orange, like others have said. Also a fan of red and black.

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

Favorite would probably be Blue/Orange .. yeah it may be a bit homer biased, but still. Loved the old Broncos look as well.

I also love kelly green and am always sad to see it replaced with some other duller shade of green.

fP8H4Wf.jpg

nicecolourscheme_zps4041434e.jpg

Sexy.

Similar to the Florida Panthers, just with grey instead of yellow. And the red is more of a red/orange. I've always felt slightly unfavourable towards yellow in sports identities in general - more so when they are the primary colour though. Never have liked the Bruins look for this reason, and Nashville hurts my eyes.

All NHL here as you can tell, sorry.

Gonna do a homer pick as well, but Miami has a beautiful color scheme that is never used in pro sports. white/orange/white is beautiful, but you can't beat the white/white/orange road combo.

vinny_testaverde.jpg1986-vinny-testaverde.jpg

Also, here's the Blue Wahoos in action.

Montgomery+Biscuits+v+Pensacola+Blue+Wahoos+1MCehmwNu0Sl.jpgBilly+Hamilton+Pensacola+Blue+Wahoos+v+Mobile+2Og4E32Ud3cl.jpg

And the guy wearing that is even better. That guy is gonna steal a ton of bases with the Reds.

Also, the numbers on the whites are pretty awesome. The blues, not so much

Jim+Riggleman+Montgomery+Biscuits+v+Pensacola+FQj9AfpBiBUx.jpg

spacer.png

^ ^ ^

I'm not against Black/Gold, but you've got Purdue, Wake, Army, Colorado and a bunch of others. If you brighten that gold to a yellowish shade you also get Missouri, Iowa, etc.

It's not a bad scheme, but not super unique like Clemson or Miami.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Sexy.

Similar to the Florida Panthers, just with grey instead of yellow. And the red is more of a red/orange. I've always felt slightly unfavourable towards yellow in sports identities in general - more so when they are the primary colour though. Never have liked the Bruins look for this reason, and Nashville hurts my eyes.

So...the Pittsburgh Maulers then:

PittsburghMaulers_FRC_1985_SCC_SRGB.png

I love Tufts University's use of Columbia blue with brown accents:

aszaqwcfx18ro10w.jpg

I also love pink and black together, like U.S. Città di Palermo:

Citta+di+Palermo+v+AC+Siena+Serie+bWmGJK7DcNdl.jpg

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Sexy.

So...the Pittsburgh Maulers then:

PittsburghMaulers_FRC_1985_SCC_SRGB.png

Cool, that's very similar. I like the dark, dull blue as opposed to the dark purple though. Either way it's a good match and I like the contrast of colours.

Archived