Best Color Scheme in Sports

JCRGraphix

More favorites....

Toronto-Blue-Jays-Retro-New-Era-Fitted-hat-Greay-under-brim-dark-gray-500x379.jpg

(Great color scheme wasted on terrible logos and execution. There was no reason why that beautiful shade of blue shouldn't have been showcased as much as possible. And the charcoal and black matched the additional coloration of an actual blue jay.)

Always thought that logo would've looked much better on a blue hat with a black brim. The uni's needed more of that blue in them too. It was like they forgot they were the "Blue" Jays and went all "Black Jays" on us.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah they're unique, but are they the best colour schemes for sports teams? I personally don't think Peach and Beige are that strong.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Regarding the South Atlantic League, I always thought the original Augusta GreenJackets' color scheme was pretty unique:

AugustaGreenJackets_PMK0100a_2001_SCC_SRGB.png

AugustaGreenJackets_CAP0101a_2001_SCC_SRGB.png

That "pinkish" color was called Azalea.

More favorites....

Toronto-Blue-Jays-Retro-New-Era-Fitted-hat-Greay-under-brim-dark-gray-500x379.jpg

(Great color scheme wasted on terrible logos and execution. There was no reason why that beautiful shade of blue shouldn't have been showcased as much as possible. And the charcoal and black matched the additional coloration of an actual blue jay.)

Always thought that logo would've looked much better on a blue hat with a black brim. The uni's needed more of that blue in them too. It was like they forgot they were the "Blue" Jays and went all "Black Jays" on us.

perfect opportunity to bring out this old photoshop.

bluerhatgraphitebill-1.pngbluejayscapbluebill-1.png

It's not even in the same league as the current Blue Jays look, but it would've salvaged the disaster that was the graphite Jays look.

PvO6ZWJ.png

While not really uniform related, I have always loved the Gulf racing liveries ... and would love to see those colors make their way into mainstream sports, at least at a Division 1 level ...

00_Pre_Gordon.jpg

That's almost like what I said before

485613_10151592158252210_322322951_n.jpg

This Baby Blue, Burnt Orange and Yellow looks nice.

Lion-Rampant.jpgAlso Maroon and Baby blue are an unlikely nice combo

Regarding the South Atlantic League, I always thought the original Augusta GreenJackets' color scheme was pretty unique:

AugustaGreenJackets_PMK0100a_2001_SCC_SRGB.png

AugustaGreenJackets_CAP0101a_2001_SCC_SRGB.png

That "pinkish" color was called Azalea.

And I wished that the New Orleans Pelicans used this Azalea instead of the Red they have now.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

I may get crucified for this, but:

DougBodgerSharks.jpgcarolina_panthers_logo30.jpg

Those are not the same color scheme.

Teal/black/silver?

Carolina doesn't wear teal.

Nope. They don't.

(I can't even count the number of times I've clarified Panther Blue vs. Carolina Blue vs. Teal on this board.)

SanJoseSharks_FRC_2007_SCC_SRGB.png

CarolinaPanthers_FRC_9999_SCC_SRGB.png

Archived