ESPN America Shutting Down - British Need Alternatives Suggestions

marble21

Thankfully we are able to access NHL GameCenter Live here in the UK, which is great for those of us who don't have access to the Premier Sports channel.

The only problem: since this past lockout shortened season, we now get screwed over by blackout restrictions. Even though some of us either can't get Premier Sports or don't want to pay more money for games that aren't always guaranteed to be shown on their streaming service. And also, for obvious reasons, we can't just go and attend games or flick on NBC the way local fans can.

I like the service, but not when the one Ducks game I can catch each week is sometimes blacked out because we're playing a big name team like the Hawks or the Wings. And when every playoff round past the quarter finals is also blacked out. £100 a year is a steep price to pay for what is now a heavily restricted service, and somehow I don't see myself renewing my subscription.

All of the above is either the fault of delusional, greedy shareholders of Premier Sports, or another chapter of OITGDNHL. Or both.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Archived