Sign in to follow this  
Sodboy13

Arizona Rattlers Throwback Night

For their recent game against the Rush, the Rattlers donned the uniform they wore for most of the '90s and '00s.

9077681.jpeg

I don't know whether Russell made these, or if there were just a bunch of old uniforms in the Rattlers' equipment room. But if these are Russell's work, kudos for seemingly getting all the details right on one of the AFL's best looks ever.

It's what they should be wearing full time anyways…

As close to a classic uniform as the Arena League has.

The teal facemask is missing, but they look great.

It's painful to look at those pain by number uniforms for the Rush next to those GORGEOUS Rattler duds... I really miss the teal facemasks though.

Very nice. Not familiar with what they're wearing now, but that fits the team's identity perfectly. Reminds me of the old D-Backs unis.

Man, I forgot just how good those jerseys looked.

I wonder how the Diamondbacks would look if they used that color scheme, but with a darker version of their brick red instead of black.

Are we sure this was a "throwback" night and not a "we ran out of money for more new uniforms so we dug these out of storage" night?

Not a bad look at all. I'm pretty sure that's the current logo on the helmet though.

I would honestly say those were NFL caliber fantastic. From the logo to the color scheme, the custom nwestern stripe made it modern yet had the elements of a traditional uniform. Only improvement would be to have a set of copper pants.

seeing these reminds me of when shederick bonner was the qb..great times, also, the rush had great unis until they went all template like most of the league now

San Jose needs to go back to their 90's kit too. Both classics

I think turquoise and gold is an underrated color scheme. I always thought that had the Diamondbacks used this color scheme instead of trying to haphazardly include purple, they never would have needed to change their colors to red and black. Turquoise and gold really represent Arizona nicely (just as purple and orange represent the beautiful Arizona sunsets for the Phoenix Suns). Turquoise is abundantly mined in Arizona (and it's the state gemstone), as was gold at one time.

Nice. That uniform would be a top 5 even in the NFL. I don't know what their current unis look like, but they can't possibly be better than this.

For their recent game against the Rush, the Rattlers donned the uniform they wore for most of the '90s and '00s.

9077681.jpeg

I don't know whether Russell made these, or if there were just a bunch of old uniforms in the Rattlers' equipment room. But if these are Russell's work, kudos for seemingly getting all the details right on one of the AFL's best looks ever.

995723_10151554640811631_1635548478_n.jpg

I don't have a problem with either of these two.

I would honestly say those were NFL caliber fantastic. From the logo to the color scheme, the custom nwestern stripe made it modern yet had the elements of a traditional uniform. Only improvement would be to have a set of copper pants.

I agree. If the Cardinals hadn't moved to Phoenix and they'd been a 90's NFL expansion franchise, these would be the perfect name and uniforms.

Are we sure this was a "throwback" night and not a "we ran out of money for more new uniforms so we dug these out of storage" night?

Not a bad look at all. I'm pretty sure that's the current logo on the helmet though.

It's their 90's logo. Their current logo has a much rounder snake and the R doesn't have a turquoise drop shadow.

I think that 1st picture reminds us of not just how good Arizona looked but how good the AFL had looked as a whole before it lost that one season.