High School Football Uniforms 2013 (Keep it Interesting)

Brave-Bird 08

I went to Claymont. Yup, River View is in the ECOL now. Claymont just missed playoffs by losing last night. Pretty normal for us.

They played Maysville, which is where a couple of my friends go. Final was 20-19 Maysville. Claymont as up 19-6 or something and I believe they won it on a last second TD pass. Sorry bout your luck, man :)

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My older brother is the Head Coach at Lafayette HS (Brooklyn, NY) and these are the road uniforms. The home uniforms are the same in deep maroon without the shoulder striping. The team name is currently Patriots. The school has had a football team since 1941. They were once known as the Frenchies, which I find to be an awesome name. They eventually switched to the Redmen, but changed to Patriots a decade ago for obvious reasons.

IMG_1946.jpg

I didn't know New Balance was still making football jerseys. Last time I saw them was on North Texas. They look good. New Balance is getting more and more popular in baseball. Good for them.

That's where marketing $$$ and branding makes a difference. NB makes some of the best athletic footwear in the world but it just doesn't appeal to the younger and team sport demographic that consumes your flashy, high adrenaline footwear like nike/ua/adi. At one point NB and Auburn football had a foot sponsorship deal that was to include actual fitting, customization, r&d in addiiton to the standard supplier agreement. I think that lasted about a year before ua got the full athletic deal in place.

Nonetheless new balance makes awesome footwear and there is a huge opportunity for them to grow outside of the yuppie/runner demographic. If ua was smart they'd ditch their walmart quality footwear and partner with nb to develop some actual performace footwear. That offering could give nike some legit competition.

I was on staff with a college program that had an apparel deal with New Balance and their cleats were terrible up until the last couple years of the deal and then they were on par with other companies but, I believe the damage was already done as that program has moved on to one of the other companies for everything.

420130816223857001_t607.JPG

William Blount High School Governers (Maryville,TN) This is new as I think they had a Virginia look-a-like uniform and helmet prior.

1019_KCSP_px_blackerby19_0213_AL_t607.jp

Oak Ridge WIldcats (Oak Ridge, TN)

1019_KCSP_px_blackerby19_0469_AL_t607.jp

Powell Panthers (Powell,TN) had a friend

199304_t607.JPG

Maryville Rebels (Maryville,TN) Above and By far the best Football team in the state. Almost had one of the nations longest winning streak.

1005_KCSP_px_smithey5_0763_AL_t607.jpg

West Rebels (Knoxville,TN) playing their big rival the Bearden Bulldogs (Knoxville,TN)

1018_KCSP_px_link18_0625_AL_t607.jpg

Gotta love the white-on-silver striping of the Farragut Admirals (Farragut,TN) away pants.

GB4tjYx.jpg?1?2352

player_was___taylor_by_verasthebrujah-d9

Pearland (TX) is so committed to wearing Nike pro-combat uniforms that they even started sporting the logo of Nike's favorite school on their helmets. The team is called the Oilers so the O does stand for that i suppose. This is from this past weekend against Manvel who now sports a chrome logo on matte helmet look.

960x540.jpg

509b42ab81688_image.jpg

These are the 2 local high school teams in my TX home town. The Harlingen Cardinals & Harlingen South Hawks.

Every year they meet it's a big deal & the game is known as the Bird Bowl.

I would like to see more of the South Hawks uniforms. Is their helmet logo two "Miami U's" mirrored and stacked on each other to make an S? Unique!

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry if this has been covered...no time to go through 17 pages to see. Saw a news report on the Newtown, CT high school team and thought it was cool that they wear a '26' on their helmet logo decals to honor those lost in the shooting there.

image.adapt.full.high.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

509b42ab81688_image.jpg

These are the 2 local high school teams in my TX home town. The Harlingen Cardinals & Harlingen South Hawks.

Every year they meet it's a big deal & the game is known as the Bird Bowl.

I would like to see more of the South Hawks uniforms. Is their helmet logo two "Miami U's" mirrored and stacked on each other to make an S? Unique!

Yes they use 2 Miami U's to make their S. Here's a couple more shots & their logo, looks like they placed the running backs decal upside down.

Hawks01.jpg

hawks02.jpg

HawksS.png

In the state championship game my alma mater, Blue Springs, jumped on the anthracite bandwagon:

52995698d04a8.preview-620.jpg

As far as I know these are new jerseys, I'm not a fan. Here's their normal home look:

Terry.jpg

The opposing team, Rock Bridge, has some cool helmets, with the school initials on the back ala Oregon:

9258315904_0f1216a30c_z.jpg

Norcross (GA) are the Blue Devils, but they're wearing the Nike TechFit with claw marks on the sleeves (????) and camo pants. -_- They had a very classy look back when I played them in 2008.

tech fit is Adidas not nike,

Yeah, I have no clue why I typed Nike. I know thats an Adidas thing, I'm blaming the triptaphan.

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

• 2 weeks later...

Archived