High School Football Uniforms 2013 (Keep it Interesting)

Brave-Bird 08

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here in Glendale(yes the same Clown College city), the teams of the Glendale Union High School District has a ban on colored helmets. For once I want to see what a helmet that isn't white looks like

Does it have something to do with people thinking white helmets are cooler?

To show uniformity towards the district. Of all nine schools, all must wear white helmets.

So if one school needs helmets they can get the other from another district to fit that player? That's what it seems like to me. Some pee wee leagues are like that but i think it's because that's what the local sports goods store sell.

My school (JJ Pearce) gets new uniforms frequently, but the designs don't match. So our white jereseys are some pro combat template, our red ones have contrasting shoulders, and our blue ones have the Miami template. All the pants have the same striping in different colors. The helmet also has a different shade of blue than the uniforms. In the second to last and last pictures you'll notice the socks that the coaches hand out for some games for us to wear.

lyx7.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

q0ga.jpg

cj9p.jpg

rv7n.jpg

42hh.jpg

My school (JJ Pearce) gets new uniforms frequently, but the designs don't match. So our white jereseys are some pro combat template, our red ones have contrasting shoulders, and our blue ones have the Miami template. All the pants have the same striping in different colors. The helmet also has a different shade of blue than the uniforms. In the second to last and last pictures you'll notice the socks that the coaches hand out for some games for us to wear.

lyx7.jpg

q0ga.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us h

cj9p.jpg

rv7n.jpg

the white and red jerseys would look so much better if the shoulders were the same color as the rest of the jersey

42hh.jpg

Watching Lincoln (GA) vs South Gwinett (GA). South Gwinnett has Georgia Tech jersey and Southern Miss pants. The jersey color is ugly but it shows that when it's done right it can look so much better.

Watching Lincoln (GA) vs South Gwinett (GA). South Gwinnett has Georgia Tech jersey and Southern Miss pants. The jersey color is ugly but it shows that when it's done right it can look so much better.

Yeah it looks like their uniforms were left in the sun for half a year. Ugly shade.

Here in Glendale(yes the same Clown College city), the teams of the Glendale Union High School District has a ban on colored helmets. For once I want to see what a helmet that isn't white looks like

Does it have something to do with people thinking white helmets are cooler?

To show uniformity towards the district. Of all nine schools, all must wear white helmets.

That's actually pretty ridiculous. This seems to have been in place since the early-mid '80s. The last year in which any GUHSD school seems to have a colored helmet is 1984 (Glendale, Greenway (1986 is actually white, a mistake made somewhere back in the Helmet Project, probably by me) and Sunnyslope).

It also should be noted that in Arizona there is no connection between school districts and cities. The Clown College and GUHSD aren't related; GUHSD actually has parts of Phoenix in it, while the Peoria district extends into Glendale (their Glendale high school does have a colored-shell helmet). There are also both cities without districts (San Tan Valley) and districts without cities (Higley).

Yeah. It amazed me to see South Gwinnett on ESPN first, and then I realized they had those fucucking hideous USM pants. Next up on ESPN at 7 ET is Norcross, who won the state championship in 6A last year, and is a techfit school. They have those stupid claw mark graphics on the sleeves.

The helmets would have been vetter with the Olympian on both sides.

Looks like the Olympian is supposed to only be on one side of the helmet. Notice how part of it runs on to the other side of the helmet. That's a big decal.

The helmets would have been vetter with the Olympian on both sides.

I agree. I'm sick of every team putting a logo on one side and a number, different logo or nothing on the other side. Both sides of the helmet should be the same. That goes for you too Pittsburgh Steelers. Fix your damn helmet!

Archived