High School Football Uniforms 2013 (Keep it Interesting)

Brave-Bird 08

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My schools away uniforms that we got last year from Rawlings we have red pants also. The helmets are also new from last year these helmets are metallic red with white facemasks the older ones were red with black facemasks and a white and black stripe. I will get a picture of the home uniforms on Friday.

1209166_10200956237122418_1762093322_n.j

Here is a close up of the helmets we got last year and the ones we use currently. personally I love them.

1234676_10200340351652341_285311214_n.jp

And here are some of our past uniforms.

g217217000000000000b41bcac53db9b5c9aa8ec

120724101621_COREY%20WILLIS%20VS%20UNION

And the Adidas uniforms we used for one game in the MHSSAA Regional Semifinal. We still have them but we never use them because players took them after the season so we have like 10 left.

g12c000000000000000e9246bcba7733d3761f80

Letsgoblue.png

holland_hs_sig.pngHollandMichiganPNG_zps9365937b.png

uniforms we used for one game in the MHSSAA Regional Semifinal. We still have them but we never use them because players took them after the season so we have like 10 left.

So it's illegal in college, but not in high school?
What's illegal keeping your uniform teams do that all the time michigan let their players keep the UTL uniforms

Letsgoblue.png

uniforms we used for one game in the MHSSAA Regional Semifinal. We still have them but we never use them because players took them after the season so we have like 10 left.

Also know that two states (Texas and Massachusetts) use the NCAA rulebook over the NHFS rulebook

Watching Lincoln (GA) vs South Gwinett (GA). South Gwinnett has Georgia Tech jersey and Southern Miss pants. The jersey color is ugly but it shows that when it's done right it can look so much better.

Yeah it looks like their uniforms were left in the sun for half a year. Ugly shade.

Can someone enlighten me on what South Gwinnett's colors actually are? I happened to notice the game on ESPN and I saw the hideous mess they were wearing. What the heck color is that jersey supposed to be? Looked like a combo of light gray and maroon mixed together. The half and half pants were god awful too.

Watching Lincoln (GA) vs South Gwinett (GA). South Gwinnett has Georgia Tech jersey and Southern Miss pants. The jersey color is ugly but it shows that when it's done right it can look so much better.

Yeah it looks like their uniforms were left in the sun for half a year. Ugly shade.

Can someone enlighten me on what South Gwinnett's colors actually are? I happened to notice the game on ESPN and I saw the hideous mess they were wearing. What the heck color is that jersey supposed to be? Looked like a combo of light gray and maroon mixed together. The half and half pants were god awful too.

Blue and Grey/Silver per my room mate who went there. So the grey wasn't out of place really, just bad design choice.

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

uniforms we used for one game in the MHSSAA Regional Semifinal. We still have them but we never use them because players took them after the season so we have like 10 left.g12c000000000000000e9246bcba7733d3761f80

What's illegal keeping your uniform teams do that all the time michigan let their players keep the UTL uniforms

Michigan gets new jerseys like every other week, so that's kinda invalid.

Valor Christian Eagles (Colorado) also with new Nike uniforms

SP24PREPFOOTBALL_KG14234-L.jpg

Off topic, but I went to grade school with number 75 for Valor. Really makes me feel like I'm doing nothing with my life.

The uniforms suck too.

spacer.png

Here in Glendale(yes the same Clown College city), the teams of the Glendale Union High School District has a ban on colored helmets. For once I want to see what a helmet that isn't white looks like

Does it have something to do with people thinking white helmets are cooler?
To show uniformity towards the district. Of all nine schools, all must wear white helmets.

That's actually pretty ridiculous. This seems to have been in place since the early-mid '80s. The last year in which any GUHSD school seems to have a colored helmet is 1984 (Glendale, Greenway (1986 is actually white, a mistake made somewhere back in the Helmet Project, probably by me) and Sunnyslope).

It also should be noted that in Arizona there is no connection between school districts and cities. The Clown College and GUHSD aren't related; GUHSD actually has parts of Phoenix in it, while the Peoria district extends into Glendale (their Glendale high school does have a colored-shell helmet). There are also both cities without districts (San Tan Valley) and districts without cities (Higley).

It was passed in 1982 to use only white helmets. To show uniformity towards the schools in the dist1rict and to save money in the budget every year. Not exactly the official words, but remember reading the rules and regulations. The notebook I read had the reasoning of why the district used white helmets.

Also you are correct, only Glendale, Independence and Apollo are the only schools in the city of Glendale. The rest are in Phoenix, but Greenway, Moon Valley, Cortez, andThunderbird are within distance of the Glendale border. As for the PUSD I believe it is Kellis, Deer and Cactus that are in Glendale.

Lincoln isn't in Georgia, it's Florida (albeit just over the state line). And, I'll try to post a picture later on, but we (class of '02, current faculty) have a total of 16 possible combinations, and not all of the pants are the same template. It kind of irks me.

Here are some more teams in the West Michigan area.

Grand Rapids Kenowa Hills with some nice Nike Uniforms and Greenville in the purple.

11503749-standard.jpg

Zeeland East got new Nike uniforms I don't think they got new Away uniforms though.

946943_664890146878656_2005100843_n.jpg?

If not then here are their Away uniforms from last year.

-c3bc030f23e567c9.JPG

And here is Zeeland West im still waiting for them to get the old or new Oregon Wings on their uniforms because they are the Dux and yes that's how they spell it and Zeeland East is the Chix.

Anyway here is West's uniforms

11478649-standard.jpg

Away

10409877-large.jpg

Letsgoblue.png

Sometimes players can buy the jerseys or they are given as gifts. I bought my HS football jerseys. I know a number of guys on my college team bought theirs and even were allowed to buy their helmet.

The NCAA allows it but most teams now hold them until the player is done playing so they don't try to sell them.

I'm not sure on the gift vs. buying rule though. I'm pretty sure the NCAA allows each team to give a certain amount of equipment to each player and it may come out of that.

Sometimes players can buy the jerseys or they are given as gifts. I bought my HS football jerseys. I know a number of guys on my college team bought theirs and even were allowed to buy their helmet.

The NCAA allows it but most teams now hold them until the player is done playing so they don't try to sell them.

I'm not sure on the gift vs. buying rule though. I'm pretty sure the NCAA allows each team to give a certain amount of equipment to each player and it may come out of that.

Ours where gifts because it was the first time our school had made it that far in the playoffs the only people who got to take theirs home where the seniors because they had worked so hard to get to that point and before the season we where expected to win 3 games but we ended up only losing 3 games and defeated East Grand Rapids who had won idk how many games in a row.

Letsgoblue.png

BSh3zgACYAAwSu7.jpg

New Friendswood (TX) helmet. Matte Black. Logo has a chrome silver outline

Very sharp! A similar, local helmet, Southwestern HS in Hanover, PA.

football-cedar-cliff-at-southwestern-sep

-6cc45751e7e94688.jpg

-58afa93661238a78.jpg

20100923_075837_nicklas_500.jpg

The team above me in the metallic royal blue helmet, what team is that? We made decals very similar for a customer and never knew the name of the school. Thanks.

Archived