NFL '13 SEASON THREAD

Cujo

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wasn't able to comment about it at the time, but I must say, all that Hail Mary ended up doing was giving Marvin Lewis an extra chance to make an awful coaching blunder.

Nugent has won two games, one in OT, with lengthy field goals this season. What, he can't kick an inside-50 yarder against Baltimore? Atrocious.

spacer.png

Cutler's played with a lot of guts today but the guy can barely walk now. He'll probably finish the damn game but he really should be taken out of the game. Painful to watch.

Who was the FOX crew on that game today? No matter, at one point, the color commentator made note about how "nobody has ever questioned Jay Cutler's toughness". And, you know, Jay Cutler is one tough Mo-Fo.

Except dolts people HAVE questioned his toughness before. There were people out for his head that he didn't finish the 2010 NFC Championship Game. And it was awful of those people. But questioning did happen at some point, that's for certain.

spacer.png

The Broncos were looking really good. But a fumble by Manning followed by a couple of dropped passes by Thomas and Decker on third downs has allowed the Chargers to climb back into the game.

Chargers caught a lucky break when they had a botched snap which was called back because of an "illegal snap" call which is, I guess, an automatic five yard penalty.

IUe6Hvh.png

Manning takes a shot to the knee late in the game. He finished the game but hopefully it's nothing serious. I was half expecting Manning to get injured today so the Chiefs will get another game against a teams backup QB.

What looked like an impressive win turned into an unimpressive win.

IUe6Hvh.png

Ah, c'mon San Diego you couldn't pull it off. I would've been a happy man if the Broncos lost. Great win for Carolina, though. Going on the road and beating SF, great to finally see all those mediocre years pay off for that fanbase. I'm pullin' for them.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Tough loss for San Diego, but at least they showed that they weren't completely outclassed by Denver. Playoffs were never really an expectation this year so meh. Onward!

The Panthers though, wow. I don't know if it was them just playing extremely well or if the 49ers are, indeed, overrated.

It's not like the Saints are a complete night-and-day unit away from the Superdome. Their last two playoff road losses came in games where they scored 38 and 32 points (the latter which they scored two long-distance TD's in the last four minutes).

But this is imperative as far as keeping within a game (loss column) of Seattle. If they can somehow procure the W in Seattle in a couple weeks, the tiebreak favors them for the #1 seed. Of course, logic dictates that if they can win in Seattle once, what can stop them from doing it twice, etc., but, whatever, the idea is to try and get HFA regardless.

spacer.png

Archived