NFL '13 SEASON THREAD

Cujo

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man, it's a shame seeing some of these guys get hurt. Sherman, Thurmond, Chancellor (even though he came back). In such a lifeless game, I would say take them out, but then again it is the Super Bowl, no one's going to play their backups.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

It is a little sobering seeing just how far away the Eagles are from being true contenders. They had a nice year and looked like they could do good things next year with a few key additions, but they're not even in the same stratosphere as the Seahawks. Even if the old adage is true that the Seahawks aren't this good and the broncos aren't this bad, there is still a much wider gap than I thought.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The crowd breaks into an LOB chant as Sherman is carted off on the sideline. Say what you want about their fans, but they love them some Hawks.

I don't doubt the Seahawks fans, but they've sold out every game since 2002... the Broncos have sold out every game since 1970 and, I think, hold the leagues record for most consecutive shutouts. I think their fanbase is a little overrated.

And I promise I'm not just bitter, I've been wanting to say that since the Seahawks scored about 70% of the votes in the "which team has better fans?" Verizon question (as pathetic as that may be).

IUe6Hvh.png

The crowd breaks into an LOB chant as Sherman is carted off on the sideline. Say what you want about their fans, but they love them some Hawks.

I don't doubt the Seahawks fans, but they've sold out every game since 2002... the Broncos have sold out every game since 1970 and, I think, hold the leagues record for most consecutive shutouts. I think their fanbase is a little overrated.

Damn, that's still pretty remarkable, the Redskins stadium has never been sold out when I've gone up there, I thought VT had a good fanbase when we've sold out the last hundred or so games, but 1970, damn that's a long time. But the Hawks have only been in town since '76, I think. And only really became a competent franchise in the Early 2000's, Denver wasn't exactly awesome in the 70's either, but they've also had Elway, and now Manning to attract crowds. I don't know, but that's mind blowing that a fanbase has sold out their stadium for 43 consecutive seasons.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

And I promise I'm not just bitter, I've been wanting to say that since the Seahawks scored about 70% of the votes in the "which team has better fans?" Verizon question (as pathetic as that may be).

Unofficially, Denver has sold out every game since 1967. However, since they were still in the AFL, those extra three years don't count.

Jeez, I hope the Broncos score a lot in junk time, because I don't know how I could sleep tonight of the Goo is right.

(But if you do gorrilas in NFL unis it's all good.)

It's a blind squirrel finding a nut lol

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Unofficially, Denver has sold out every game since 1967. However, since they were still in the AFL, those extra three years don't count.

Either way, that is pretty impressive. I never knew that. I wonder how Cowboys fans are in terms of home sellouts.

Jeez, I hope the Broncos score a lot in junk time, because I don't know how I could sleep tonight of the Goo is right.

(But if you do gorrilas in NFL unis it's all good.)

It's a blind squirrel finding a nut lol

He's predicted them to lose every week, so yeah... lol

IUe6Hvh.png

This game might still be competitive if they could substitute the Cardinals for the Broncos.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

Seattle is an awesome city. I had an offer for an unpaid internship there after college. The unpaid part was what kept me from moving, but I'm kicking myself now.

I'm happy for the Seattle residents and Seahawks fans. You deserve it.

I'm also happy to see some new blood get a Lombardi Trophy.

It is a little sobering seeing just how far away the Eagles are from being true contenders. They had a nice year and looked like they could do good things next year with a few key additions, but they're not even in the same stratosphere as the Seahawks. Even if the old adage is true that the Seahawks aren't this good and the broncos aren't this bad, there is still a much wider gap than I thought.

I was thinking the exact same thing about the Bengals while watching this game. I can't even picture the Bengals as constructed putting up any kind of fight against these Seahawks. Seattle is the whole package.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived