NFL '13 SEASON THREAD

Cujo

So after this who's the better Manning, Eli or Peyton?

Archie. Two multimillionaire sons to support him and supply with him with lavish comforts until kingdom come.

Three multimillionaire sons. Cooper is a really successful energy trader, and I believe his net worth is $15 Million.

jNTsTyQ.png

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of that group, the Panthers seem like they're closest. But with the NFL it's so hard to say. The Texans and Falcons were primed for a leap this year that didn't happen. The Bills were a few bad breaks from an 8-8 or 9-7 season this year, and with the AFC being revealed as a bum conference this year, who knows what could've happened.

The Seahawks benefitted from amazing value on their roster, the kind you can't really get with a first round pick as your starting QB. Wilson will make peanuts the next two years, but is the winningest young QB of all time. It's hard to replicate that formula.

I'd say the Egles have the same situation, since Nick Foles was picked a few picks after Wilson (they really wanted Wilson), but they have a highly paid receiver and some linemen.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Ice Cap, you're one of my favorite members here so I'm sorry if you thought I was trying to be disrespectful to you, attacking you, or doing anything more than engaging in friendly sports banter. The worst part is I'm really not even mad or upset about the game and it's probably being taken as such. I will wash my hands of this thread.

Nah, no offence taken :) Like I said, the Chargers are kind of sucky. You weren't wrong :D

I participated in some trash talk in the lead up to the Charers/Broncos game, and I ment nothing malicious by it. Just having fun with the rivalry.

So after this who's the better Manning, Eli or Peyton?

Archie. Two multimillionaire sons to support him and supply with him with lavish comforts until kingdom come.
Two multimillionaire sons to live through too!

For whatever you want to take it for, the Titans (by virtue of the Houston Oilers) and Chargers did win championships in the AFL, pre-Super Bowl years. Maybe the Bills did as well, but I don't remember for certain with them.

The Bills won at least one AFL title. I think Jack Kemp was their QB when they won it.

Anyway, if we're talking the entirety of NFL history, the Browns have 4 NFL titles. I believe the Lions have at least one or two. The Eagles won it all in 1960. And so on...

But as we all know, anything won before Super Bowl I doesn't count.

BB52Big.jpg

Of that group, the Panthers seem like they're closest. But with the NFL it's so hard to say. The Texans and Falcons were primed for a leap this year that didn't happen. The Bills were a few bad breaks from an 8-8 or 9-7 season this year, and with the AFC being revealed as a bum conference this year, who knows what could've happened.

The Seahawks benefitted from amazing value on their roster, the kind you can't really get with a first round pick as your starting QB. Wilson will make peanuts the next two years, but is the winningest young QB of all time. It's hard to replicate that formula.

I'd say the Egles have the same situation, since Nick Foles was picked a few picks after Wilson (they really wanted Wilson), but they have a highly paid receiver and some linemen.

Good point. The Eagles did pretty awesome for their first year in a new system.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

@ Seadragon and any other Seahawk fans here...congrats. Feels pretty damn good when "next year" finally arrives, doesn't it? And now you have the next America's Game episode to look forward to as well.

Last night's game sucked for anyone wanting a competitive game but it made me feel a little better about the Saints' performance in the Divisional round.

Thanks, Chawls. That coming from a very respectable Saints fan is an honor. Speaking of that America's Game episode... I wonder who will be the narrator for it. If it was up to me, I'd have Morgan Freeman because let's face it: Anything narrated by Morgan Freeman automatically becomes at least 150% more watchable. Don't know why, but it does.

For whatever you want to take it for, the Titans (by virtue of the Houston Oilers) and Chargers did win championships in the AFL, pre-Super Bowl years. Maybe the Bills did as well, but I don't remember for certain with them.

The Bills won at least one AFL title. I think Jack Kemp was their QB when they won it.

Anyway, if we're talking the entirety of NFL history, the Browns have 4 NFL titles. I believe the Lions have at least one or two. The Eagles won it all in 1960. And so on...

I was only talking about Super Bowls won and lost and so I didn't feel the need to mention pre-super bowl history.

And I know I should care about the history before the Super Bowl, but I don't really. Maybe that's because of my age or because the team I cheer for was established in the Super Bowl era, but pre-Super Bowl NFL history doesn't interest me that much. I know that's wrong, but whatevs. Sorry.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I'm giving the Panthers, Jaguars, and Texans a pass because they're all still relatively new, but the rest of those teams have all been around since the inception of the Super Bowl (Basically, the Bengals missed out on the first two, and the Browns taking a three year "break" to pursue other interests).

With only 25% of the league (Steelers, Cowboys, 49ers, Giants, Packers, Patriots, Redskins and Raiders) hogging 33 of the 48 trophies it's no wonder so many teams have never won the Lombardi.

This run of inequity has also made for teams like the Jets and Chiefs who have Super Bowl championships, but haven't been back to the big game in over 40 years.

Of course, regardless of how the league recognizes it, the Browns were for all intents and purposes expansion...so they are newer than the Panthers and Jags, in terms of roster development, etc.

Of the teams on that list, I think the Vikings may be the only team that's been around the entire Super Bowl era and won nothing. No pre-Super Bowl League titles like the Cardinals, Lions, Eagles, Oilers/Titans, Chargers, etc.,

Correction: I think the Falcons pre-date Super Bowl I

And I'd be stunned if the Vikings ever win one. They kinda are the Cubs. They find ways to lose.

So beaming with pride, I present the only franchises with no league titles.

Minnesota Vikings

Atlanta Falcons

Cincinnati Bengals

Carolina Panthers

Jacksonville Jaguars

Houston Texans

(This iteration of Cleveland does not have one, but technically the franchise does)

There are four league titles that do not count: Pre-merger Super Bowl Era. Only the Vikings matter on that list, as the Raiders and Colts have NFL/Super Bowl Titles and the Chiefs have a Super Bowl Title.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Are there any players on this Seahawks roster who were on the 2005 team?

No, but one of the 2005 secondary is a coach. Not sure the name, but I saw it on si.com or something.

Remember when the read option was the hot new thing? Is it still?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

It is hard to say, but there are lots of issues with Carolina, starting with they have 21 unrestricted free agents this offseason (their entire secondary), an old primary WR, and two expensive, older RBs who are also injury-prone.

They also have $8MM in dead money as result of the Beason trade to NYG and won't come off the books until 2015, plus dead money from other players signed under the previous GM.

Lastly, there is the issue about what to do with Greg Hardy: Franchise, long term, or let him walk. They have already restructured Charles Johnson once and will have to again, but will have to him more cash or additional years.

I was only talking about Super Bowls won and lost and so I didn't feel the need to mention pre-super bowl history.

And I know I should care about the history before the Super Bowl, but I don't really. Maybe that's because of my age or because the team I cheer for was established in the Super Bowl era, but pre-Super Bowl NFL history doesn't interest me that much. I know that's wrong, but whatevs. Sorry.

I wasn't referring to you or your post. I was just adding more context to Kramerica's post.

BB52Big.jpg

@ Seadragon and any other Seahawk fans here...congrats. Feels pretty damn good when "next year" finally arrives, doesn't it? And now you have the next America's Game episode to look forward to as well.

Last night's game sucked for anyone wanting a competitive game but it made me feel a little better about the Saints' performance in the Divisional round.

Thanks, Chawls. That coming from a very respectable Saints fan is an honor. Speaking of that America's Game episode... I wonder who will be the narrator for it. If it was up to me, I'd have Morgan Freeman because let's face it: Anything narrated by Morgan Freeman automatically becomes at least 150% more watchable. Don't know why, but it does.

Actually that's my post but I'm sure Chawls feels the same way. :-D

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I'm giving the Panthers, Jaguars, and Texans a pass because they're all still relatively new, but the rest of those teams have all been around since the inception of the Super Bowl (Basically, the Bengals missed out on the first two, and the Browns taking a three year "break" to pursue other interests).

I wish that was what would have happened. They don't move to Baltimore. The Cleveland Browns just stop being a football team for three years to focus on...I don't know...landscaping.

Since it's never too early to speculate, here are Seattle's 2014 home opponents. So what will it be for the Thursday night opener - a SB rematch or the hated 49ers?

Dallas Cowboys
New York Giants
Denver Broncos
Oakland Raiders
Green Bay Packers

Arizona Cardinals
San Francisco 49ers
St. Louis Rams

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Since it's never too early to speculate, here are Seattle's 2014 home opponents. So what will it be for the Thursday night opener - a SB rematch or the hated 49ers?

Dallas Cowboys

New York Giants

Denver Broncos

Oakland Raiders

Green Bay Packers

Arizona Cardinals

San Francisco 49ers

St. Louis Rams

You have a few interesting choices there; with San Francisco and a SB rematch with Denver. As long as they pick either of those; the opening night game should be a fun one.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Archived