NFL '13 SEASON THREAD

Cujo

Not sure how to feel about this years Bears team. The organization is trying this weird We're-Rebuilding/Win-Now-type-thing and I don't foresee it turning into wins.

I have this horrible feeling that despite improving the offense via a new coach, new offensive linemen, and new tight end, there's still going to be wasted timeouts due to playcalling miscues and various other similar plodding inefficiencies that have plagued the team for years.

While I'm terribly excited they finally fired Lovie and Angelo, it's incredibly hard to gauge Emery and Trestman. Obviously we've seen nothing of Trestman, but the "Trust Me, I Was a Scout" methodology of Emery's bizarre drafts is too murky to properly assess.

I dunno. To hell with it, I'm just going to enjoy the show.

He was dynamite in the CFL with the Als.

His CFL success means nothing, though. The NFL is a completely different animal from the CFL.

But it's not like his CFL success wasn't aided by the fact he coached in the NFL for almost 20 years before he came to Montreal.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am kind of hoping Chargers fans can find some fun and nostalgia in this 2013 campaign, being the 50 year anniversary of their 1963 AFL Championship.

Somehow the fact that it's been 50 years since the Chargers won their only championship seems more depressing than celebratory.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I am kind of hoping Chargers fans can find some fun and nostalgia in this 2013 campaign, being the 50 year anniversary of their 1963 AFL Championship.

Somehow the fact that it's been 50 years since the Chargers won their only championship seems more depressing than celebratory.

The only thing which would make their AFL title's 50th anniversary more depressing would be if this ended up being their final season in San Diego.

It's funny how ice cream trucks can make even multi-millionaire players so damn excited.

Maybe more so than winning the Super Bowl.

Can't wait to hear Riley Cooper's detractors be labeled "the PC Police"

http://deadspin.com/eagles-wr-riley-cooper-at-concert-i-will-fight-every-979470075

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

"I don't know, ask the coaches," he said. "I feel good, though. I feel confident. I feel like I'm playing really well." - Mark Sanchez

Quit football already, Mark. He comes off to me as one of those guys who hates the game but feels obligated to play it because he's been raised to do so his entire life.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Yeah that's a pretty common trend for USC quarterbacks.

I'd actually argue FOR Carson Palmer. I know he's had a checkered history in the league, but in his early Bengal days he was a beast. The knee injury derailed him pretty drastically, and while the Raiders thing was pretty lukewarm, I'm rooting for him to have a late-career revival in Arizona.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Yeah that's a pretty common trend for USC quarterbacks.

I'd actually argue FOR Carson Palmer. I know he's had a checkered history in the league, but in his early Bengal days he was a beast. The knee injury derailed him pretty drastically, and while the Raiders thing was pretty lukewarm, I'm rooting for him to have a late-career revival in Arizona.

He should at the very least, breathe life back into Larry Fitzgerald's career.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Football and basketball both seem to have a lot of players who seem to wish they weren't necessarily playing football or basketball. Eddy Curry wanted to be a gymnast. No one's really born to play baseball.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Can't wait to hear Riley Cooper's detractors be labeled "the PC Police"

http://deadspin.com/...every-979470075

Well Riley Cooper plays football and I am quite sure a ball over the middle and somebody will pop him but good. This will take care of itself.

As Tom Jackson used to say, Riley Cooper will be JACKED UP

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Time for my annual reminder to consider NFL Rewind. It's more than worth the $40 for the season to me. HD replays of every single game from 2009 through the current week of the 2013 season with DVR-style controls, awesome sound quality, condensed games (just the plays, like NFL Replay on NFL Network) and numerous other features. You can watch on many tablets too.

Just watched last year's 49ers-Falcons NFC Championship slugfest again. Awesome game. Also went back to the Saints' Super Bowl onsides kick because I'd never thought to listen to all the talk around the pile with the high quality sound you get. It's wild.

Anyone who gets it, treat yourself. Go back to the 2012 Week 3 Titans-Lions OT thriller. You can skip to 7 minutes left in the 4th quarter and see more amazing NFL action through the end of that game then often happens in an entire weekend. For example, the Lions, down 41-27 and with Stafford out, threw a pick in the end zone with 21 seconds left. But there was a penalty and when the clock ran out on regulation, it was 41-41 and headed to OT. Unbelievable game.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Time for my annual reminder to consider NFL Rewind. It's more than worth the $40 for the season to me. HD replays of every single game from 2009 through the current week of the 2013 season with DVR-style controls, awesome sound quality, condensed games (just the plays, like NFL Replay on NFL Network) and numerous other features. You can watch on many tablets too.

How long do you have to wait before the previous week's games are available?

twitter

http://www.csnchicago.com/bears-talk/bears-practice-plan-go-play-no-2

Among coach Marc Trestman’s suggestions for ways to build relationships among teammates has been one of just having lunch with someone different and get to know them.

Oh god. He's telling professionals who to eat lunch with. More evidence that the Bears are being run by disciples of terrible Franklin-Covey crap. The Bears should relocate to a mid-sized office park in Schaumburg. Synergy!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

http://www.csnchicago.com/bears-talk/bears-practice-plan-go-play-no-2

Among coach Marc Trestman’s suggestions for ways to build relationships among teammates has been one of just having lunch with someone different and get to know them.

Oh god. He's telling professionals who to eat lunch with. More evidence that the Bears are being run by disciples of terrible Franklin-Covey crap. The Bears should relocate to a mid-sized office park in Schaumburg. Synergy!

Am >I< going to have to be the Bears beacon of optimism this season? I really wasn't counting on it, but you're starting to sound...

...well, like me.

twitter

Archived