NFL '13 SEASON THREAD

Cujo

Eddy Curry wanted to be a gymnast. No one's really born to play baseball.

First off, Jake Taylor is exception to the "no one is born for baseball" claim.

Second, never, ever, ever, ever, ever...ever...put the words "Eddy Curry" and "gymnast" in the same sentence again. I'm just conjuring up thoughts of Curry doing the ribbon dance in pink thighs.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.csnchicago.com/bears-talk/bears-practice-plan-go-play-no-2

Among coach Marc Trestman’s suggestions for ways to build relationships among teammates has been one of just having lunch with someone different and get to know them.

Oh god. He's telling professionals who to eat lunch with. More evidence that the Bears are being run by disciples of terrible Franklin-Covey crap. The Bears should relocate to a mid-sized office park in Schaumburg. Synergy!

Marc Trestman must have seen Remember the Titans one too many times......

Among coach Marc Trestman’s suggestions for ways to build relationships among teammates has been one of just having lunch with someone different and get to know them.

Oh god. He's telling professionals who to eat lunch with. More evidence that the Bears are being run by disciples of terrible Franklin-Covey crap. The Bears should relocate to a mid-sized office park in Schaumburg. Synergy!

Am >I< going to have to be the Bears beacon of optimism this season? I really wasn't counting on it, but you're starting to sound...

...well, like me.

Oh, I've renounced the Bears. I don't expect to watch any games, now that I've realized I don't really like football that much. I just expect to pop off about how goofy Emery and Trestman are when weird stories cross.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Am >I< going to have to be the Bears beacon of optimism this season? I really wasn't counting on it, but you're starting to sound...

...well, like me.

Oh, I've renounced the Bears. I don't expect to watch any games, now that I've realized I don't really like football that much. I just expect to pop off about how goofy Emery and Trestman are when weird stories cross.

Fair enough.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

What if EJ Manuel says :censored: it! And pulls a Russell Wilson? Not likely, but I think people aren't giving him a good enough crack at this. He can't be worse than Kolb.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

What if EJ Manuel says :censored: it! And pulls a Russell Wilson? Not likely, but I think people aren't giving him a good enough crack at this. He can't be worse than Kolb.

EJ Manuel didn't exactly impress against ACC defenses that much. I suppose he could be a decent NFL quarterback, but his track record doesn't lead to that assumption....

Since when is Cleveland Browns Stadium now known as FirstEnergy Stadium?

Lame.

That's like me finding out Dallas Cowboys Stadium became AT&T Stadium.

It's surprising in this day that there are quite a few stadiums that still don't have naming rights. Atlanta, Buffalo, Cincy, Chicago, Green Bay, Kansas City, San Francisco (for one more year) Obviously places like Chicago and Green Bay will never change, or if they do that's going to be a bad day.

Lame.

It's surprising in this day that there are quite a few stadiums that still don't have naming rights. Atlanta, Buffalo, Cincy, Chicago, Green Bay, Kansas City, San Francisco (for one more year) Obviously places like Chicago and Green Bay will never change, or if they do that's going to be a bad day.

I believe Soldier Field can't be renamed because it's owned by the city. One of the true blue Chicagoans of this board will probably have to correct me.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Lame.

This also happened?

Man. I didn't see ANY reports about either of those happening.

spacer.png

Lame.

Oh the Bills. You gotta love it when the team cries poor, yet the stadium is named after the frickin' owner. Never mind that the team doesn't even own the stadium, the county does!

I would love the Bills to build a new stadium, once Ralph goes. I don't know what the family's plans are to do with the team, maybe sell them to someone who generally wants to keep them in Upstate New York and show care towards them.

Also, Packers bringing in Vince Young to workout for them tomorrow, don't exactly hate it. And Bryan Bulaga tore his ACL, with his constant injuries and no word on what's happening to Derek Sherrod, it's probably safe to say those two firsts are becoming busts.

Lame.

I believe Soldier Field can't be renamed because it's owned by the city. One of the true blue Chicagoans of this board will probably have to correct me.

That's correct, it's owned by the Chicago Park District, which is why come November when the middle of the field in run down, their answer is to just throw sod over it and hope for the best.

Lame.

I think technically Buffalo and Kansas City are corporately-named stadiums.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I am not sure about KC, but Buffalo has be renamed Ralph Wilson Stadium in honor of their owner. However in the past Rich Stadium was named for Rich Food.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I am not sure about KC, but Buffalo has be renamed Ralph Wilson Stadium in honor of their owner. However in the past Rich Stadium was named for Rich Food.

Forgot about that. I was still thinking Rich.

I thought Arrowhead was named for Arrowhead Water, like the old Arrowhead Pond was. Upon further review, I now don't think that's the case.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Maybe Rahm can sell the Soldier Field naming rights to some buddies who run a hedge fund or private-equity firm and then use the proceeds to build a giant statue of a poor person getting rammed up the ass. The only question is whether to put it outside the giant publicly-funded sports palace or just put it right in Englewood.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived