NFL '13 SEASON THREAD

Cujo

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright, I think Flacco definitely proved my Alex Smith theory correct with his performance today. A Baltimore professional sports team hasn't made such a stupid and demoralizing long-term, big-money signing since the Orioles signed Albert Belle to the biggest MLB contract to date in 1998.

25yzwqg.png

I was just looking at some stats; the Broncos average just under 45 points per game. The flipside to that being that the Jaguars haven't even scored 45 points all season (31). The Broncos and the Jags meet in Denver the week after next.I'm expecting a Denver blowout, something in the area of 76-3.

I was just looking at some stats; the Broncos average just under 45 points per game. The flipside to that being that the Jaguars haven't even scored 45 points all season (31). The Broncos and the Jags meet in Denver the week after next.I'm expecting a Denver blowout, something in the area of 76-3.

It'll be 34-23.

β™« oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is goneΒ β™«

As you mentioned, the Jaguars have scored 31 points all season. The Broncos have had three separate halves in which they've scored 31+ points.

IUe6Hvh.png

As you mentioned, the Jaguars have scored 31 points all season. The Broncos have had three separate halves in which they've scored 31+ points.

Exactly why I see them having two 31+ point halves against the Jags in Week 6.

On a separate note, I hate this whole "if it sails directly over the upright the field goal is good." If you hit the goalpost in hockey it doesn't count as a goal. If the upright extended further upward the ball would bounce off the upright and land in the field of play, it's just simple physics.

Does this mean they're no longer the "CNF" team?

Give him two games when they fall back down to earth of suckitude

Apparently, the joke was a little too highbrow for you guys. As if I actually believe the Browns are suddenly a good team. B)

Good for Cleveland! How long's it been since they were a mediocre .500 team?

You know what, Curt? Your Cleveland hate bit is really, really, really tired.

Β 

BB52Big.jpg

Β 

Β 

Β 

Does this mean they're no longer the "CNF" team?

Give him two games when they fall back down to earth of suckitude

Apparently, the joke was a little too highbrow for you guys. As if I actually believe the Browns are suddenly a good team.

I honestly think that it's possible the Browns might have something with Hoyer.

As far as the Broncos, they look unstoppable, it's hard to explain from a standpoint as a lifelong fan of this team. It's not as exciting because we've at this point come to expect it, which kind of worries me.

I'm also weary of the whole playoff thing surrounding Peyton, it's just there and something I'm going to think about until he gets past it.

You kidding? I'm glad the fans of Cleveland finally have something to cheer for. This has been quite the early-season turnaround for them.

6uXNWAo.png

Well, I can't say this loss was surprising. Disappointing is more accurate. The Chargers were able to make great adjustments during halftime while we couldn't. I don't know why this team is so inconsistent. When is enough, enough? Either tank it so we can grab some high draft picks, or freaking put it together and string together wins.

With the way we play, watch us beat Denver next week and lose to the Redskins the week after.

The only, and I mean only good thing about this loss is that it was to an AFC opponent. And not within our division or conference. Plus, we're still in the divisional lead thanks to the terrible-ness of this division. 8-8 might be enough to win it, only to be blown out by the 5th seed Wild-Card team.

CowboysΒ -Β LakersΒ -Β LAFC - USMNTΒ -Β LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFCΒ 

I guess it's time for my two cents on this Sunday...

-I pose this question to infrared since he's the best known (and well respected) Browns fan here: Is there something with Hoyer? I personally think he should be the starter the rest of the season. Why? With Weeden, they went 0-2 and managed only 16 points. With Hoyer, they've won their last two games and have triple the amount of points scored (48) from the previous two games. Why mess with success man?

-With the debacle in Tampa over Josh Freeman, it comes as no surprise to see them choke a game away. After this one, I think they ought to change the color of their flags from red to white, cause it looks they've thrown in the towel.

-While the focus is on the buzzsaw that is the Denver Broncos, I like to point out that not even the best teams could keep this kind of pace up in terms of scoring. Plus, weirder things have happened...

Β 

Just the mighty Broncos, Tom Brady and the Patriots are a quiet 4-0 -- Peyton's worst nightmare come playoff time.

Then again, it's not the Patriots aren't immune to choking each January since beating the Eagles. I suppose something's gotta give.

6uXNWAo.png

Archived