NFL '13 SEASON THREAD

Cujo

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure what to think about the Pats this year. Yes, they are 4-0, which I can't complain about. Heck, I was just hoping for a winning season and a playoff berth. but in all honesty, I think they've just been lucky this year. The whole division is a little too close for comfort right now. Hopefully Gronk comes back soon. I may not be as worried then.

On another note, the Giants and Steelers are like the cool kids at school who was kicked out of the 'cool kids table' and the only spot left was the dorky table with the Jags and Bucs

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

I don't think the odds of giving up a 70 yard touchdown in the final minute of a playoff home game in consecutive years are very high.

If you're asking that in the vein of "how do you know they aren't gonna lose at home in the playoffs again", well, that's a different question. Of course it could happen, but I don't see a team in the AFC who I would give favorable odds in doing that. In addition, it's not just Welker, it's also Julius Thomas and how well Peyton has integrated him into the offense as well. They can run the ball well enough, and they have quality receiving in various aspects of the game, be it slot, screen, deep, intermediate, etc. That is a full package, and there's a reason they are averaging nearly 45 PPG to this point of the season.

Again, we were all saying the same type of thing last season. I don't disagree with your assessment of the Broncos at all. I'm just skeptical, and based on Peyton's past performance, I have good reason to be.

It helps when you're playing teams that aren't exactly defensive powerhouses.

The Raiders have given up 21, 9, and 24 this season. Not exactly terrible. The Broncos got 39 on them and pumped the breaks early in the fourth.

The Ravens have given up 6, 9, and 23 this season. Not bad at all. They gave up 49 to the Broncos... 35 of which came in 30 minutes of football.

But yeah, the Giants and Eagles defenses are awful, so that's fair.

Talk to me when the Broncos manage to get past the new favorites to win the AFC...wait for it....yup!

THE 2013 CLEVELAND :censored:-ing BROWNS, BITCHES! B)

Bengals_Browns_Football_139565_game.jpg-16b9b57365eac6b9.jpg

This is what a Super Bowl caliber QB looks like...

Bengals_Browns_Football_139579_game.jpg

Now that's intimidating.

Not sold on Hoyer yet. He's not awful but not great either. I remember even Colt McCoy led the Browns to 2-2 in 2011 just to watch them finish 4-11. He also managed to beat New Orleans and New England back-to-back his rookie year and we all know how his Browns career finished after that. I have enjoyed the past two games but not getting my hopes up. This team is not very good right now and it will catch up to them. Defense has played well but offense needs some help. Get a franchise QB and #1 WR in the draft and they can finish above .500 next season.

The division is still wide open. Even at 0-4 the Steelers still have a chance and I've heard a few fans say 12-4.

Hey, I was going to throw in the towel with Seattle down 20-3 with the offense seemingly stalled. It's funny how things can change quickly in a quarter.

Was this an impressive win? Yeah... but, it required a comeback. Good teams know that when you're on the road, you need to put the pedal to the metal and take the fanbase out of the game. Something they can do next week against Indy.

Schaub gave them that game. If you're up 7 with 2 minutes to go, you run the ball with Tate and Foster. Indy will be a much tougher challenge.

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

This Denver love is horrible, I mean it's a SOFT schedule so far, talk to me when they beat NE or KC, till then they ain't played nobody!! NOBODY

As much as I loathe the Broncos, it's not like the Chiefs or Patriots have played a murderer's row schedule so far either. Both of them have played three cupcakes and a fraud.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

This Denver love is horrible, I mean it's a SOFT schedule so far, talk to me when they beat NE or KC, till then they ain't played nobody!! NOBODY

As much as I loathe the Broncos, it's not like the Chiefs or Patriots have played a murderer's row schedule so far either. Both of them have played three cupcakes and a fraud.

But they would provide a better test then what Denver has played, I'm just not sold on Denver's d.....

But they would provide a better test then what Denver has played, I'm just not sold on Denver's d.....

They're without their two best defenders in Von Miller and Champ Bailey.

They give up a ton of yards because they get huge leads and have no reason to simply try and shut teams down. They, for the most part, keep teams out of the endzone. They've given up like 28 points in garbage time this year.

Ahem:

• The Bengals are eating themselves alive as a fanbase. Dalton is apparently still not winning people over there, but what escapes me more is...
  • ...how the Bengals routinely put together nearly the same team year after year and have the same damn flaws. Dalton is there of course, AJ Green is a beast, they have two excellent tight ends and some talent at running back, but undisciplined play and just...just stupid mistakes are constantly present.

The Bengals played like ass yesterday. Nobody showed up for that game. It was as if they figured it was just the Browns and they'd be able to stroll through that game. It was the first poor game they've played this season.

I think Andy Dalton could be the answer, but he needs to become more consistent. At times he looks like a probowler and other times he looks like one of the incompetent QBs we all laugh at. He just outdueled Aaron Rodgers and then he gets beat by Brian Hoyer. Like, what the hell?

As far as discipline and stupid mistakes, I feel like teams embody their head coach and in this 11th season (my god!) with Marvin Lewis I have never seen a smart football team wearing the stripes. They've always taken dumb penalties, they've always made boneheaded decisions.

AJ Green is a beast, it would be great if Dalton would stop overthrowing him.

Nobody showed up for that game? God forbid you give the Browns credit for just plain beating you.

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

Ahem:

• The Bengals are eating themselves alive as a fanbase. Dalton is apparently still not winning people over there, but what escapes me more is...
  • ...how the Bengals routinely put together nearly the same team year after year and have the same damn flaws. Dalton is there of course, AJ Green is a beast, they have two excellent tight ends and some talent at running back, but undisciplined play and just...just stupid mistakes are constantly present.

The Bengals played like ass yesterday. Nobody showed up for that game. It was as if they figured it was just the Browns and they'd be able to stroll through that game. It was the first poor game they've played this season.

I think Andy Dalton could be the answer, but he needs to become more consistent. At times he looks like a probowler and other times he looks like one of the incompetent QBs we all laugh at. He just outdueled Aaron Rodgers and then he gets beat by Brian Hoyer. Like, what the hell?

As far as discipline and stupid mistakes, I feel like teams embody their head coach and in this 11th season (my god!) with Marvin Lewis I have never seen a smart football team wearing the stripes. They've always taken dumb penalties, they've always made boneheaded decisions.

AJ Green is a beast, it would be great if Dalton would stop overthrowing him.

Nobody showed up for that game? God forbid you give the Browns credit for just plain beating you.

Sheesh. I was addressing the parts of the previous post that were about the Bengals, which is why I didn't feel the need to specifically mention the Browns.

The Browns played better and beat the Bengals yesterday. That was apparent, but also nobody from the Bengals showed up.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Next week's Lions/Packers game is a big test for me to start believing in this Lions team. Thus far, they've snapped the losing in Washington streak (0-21) and beat two NFC North teams (both at home, but still, they went 0-6 last year). Now if they can snap the Lambeau Field streak (haven't won there since 1991) and start 4-1 with wins over the Vikings, Bears, AND Packers, I might not have a choice but to completely buy in.

Also, it's so great to see one of my favorite football players, Reggie Bush, in a Lions uniform. He should have been a Lion back in 2005, but Dick Jauron and Joey Harrington had to spoil it by leading a last second drive on Christmas Eve to beat the Saints on a Jason Hanson field goal to win 13-12. Well, we're finally getting the chance now and it looks something like this:

reggieomg_medium.gif

I'm going to channel my BASS co-host infrared, who manages to root for the Pirates despite the Steelers being a rival of his NFL team of choice. I'm not a Lions fan by any stretch, but it's good to see them doing well. Not even my Leafs fandom can impact that :D

I don't think the odds of giving up a 70 yard touchdown in the final minute of a playoff home game in consecutive years are very high.

If you're asking that in the vein of "how do you know they aren't gonna lose at home in the playoffs again", well, that's a different question. Of course it could happen, but I don't see a team in the AFC who I would give favorable odds in doing that. In addition, it's not just Welker, it's also Julius Thomas and how well Peyton has integrated him into the offense as well. They can run the ball well enough, and they have quality receiving in various aspects of the game, be it slot, screen, deep, intermediate, etc. That is a full package, and there's a reason they are averaging nearly 45 PPG to this point of the season.

Again, we were all saying the same type of thing last season. I don't disagree with your assessment of the Broncos at all. I'm just skeptical, and based on Peyton's past performance, I have good reason to be.

The Raiders have given up 21, 9, and 24 this season. Not exactly terrible. The Broncos got 39 on them and pumped the breaks early in the fourth.

The Ravens have given up 6, 9, and 23 this season. Not bad at all. They gave up 49 to the Broncos... 35 of which came in 30 minutes of football.

Talk to me when the Broncos manage to get past the new favorites to win the AFC...wait for it....yup!

Now that's intimidating.

Not sold on Hoyer yet. He's not awful but not great either. I remember even Colt McCoy led the Browns to 2-2 in 2011 just to watch them finish 4-11. He also managed to beat New Orleans and New England back-to-back his rookie year and we all know how his Browns career finished after that. I have enjoyed the past two games but not getting my hopes up. This team is not very good right now and it will catch up to them. Defense has played well but offense needs some help. Get a franchise QB and #1 WR in the draft and they can finish above .500 next season.

The division is still wide open. Even at 0-4 the Steelers still have a chance and I've heard a few fans say 12-4.

Yeah, the whole thing was meant to be a joke. I was just kidding. I agree with you. I don't believe for one second that the Browns suddenly got good. Don't get me wrong, I think it's great that the Browns have reeled off a couple wins, but I'm not sold on them at all. Also...In that picture, Hoyer looks anything but intimidating.

BB52Big.jpg

1379782_10151674637345894_1273464343_n.j

As a Saints fan, I really wanna rally behind this. But as a logo nut, I can't help but notice it's using the wrong Dolphins jersey.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Now that's intimidating.

Yeah, the whole thing was meant to be a joke. I was just kidding. I agree with you. I don't believe for one second that the Browns suddenly got good. Don't get me wrong, I think it's great that the Browns have reeled off a couple wins, but I'm not sold on them at all. Also...In that picture, Hoyer looks anything but intimidating.

He looks like Phil Collins in that picture.

Here's my observations from the Cowboys-Chargers game (and it was my first NFL game I've ever been to):

- Offensively for SD, the Chargers completely out played the Cowboys defense. With every adjustment Kiffin made, the Chargers were one step ahead. Rivers played an almost flawless game. His lone gaffe was caused by pressure (go figure), from Hatcher. Other than that they dictated the flow of the game and wore out the Cowboys defense.

- For me on the Cowboys end, this was a team loss by the Cowboys. We abandoned the run (despite Murray having a 5.8 yards per carry average!!) and all of our WR had key drops. We were completely outcoached. We missed a golden opportunity to go 3-1 and to have tied for 2nd best record in the conference. I'm tired of seeing team getting outcoached.

Also, while at Qualcomm Stadium, the ratio of Cowboy fans to Charger fans was absurd. The SD fans seem like the stereotypical depiction of the fair weather SoCal fan. Kind of like the bandwagoner Laker fans. Of course you had your die hards, but through out the game, us Cowboy fans were way louder. Especially in that 2nd quarter. The only time the Chargers made any real noise was when the highlights of the Redskin-Raider game were shown. Seriously. I saw Charger fans dumping beer and throwing food at Cowboy fans. The fans in my section were very civil however. Both fanbases shook hands with each other after the game. Very classy from both sides.

In all it was a fun experience and I can't wait my next Cowboys game.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

I'll go ahead and back the Broncos on this one. While the Raiders are the Raiders and Philly is in some-sort-of-rebuild mode, Denver has stomped the last two Super Bowl champs (BAL & NYG). I'm not going to say those wins mean nothing, because they do. Especially in the fashion they did it.

And aside from Seattle, New England and Kansas City(???), what even constitutes as a "quality win" this season?

6uXNWAo.png

Due to the Athletics playing this Saturday at home. The Raiders/Chargers game will now be played at 11:35pm ET, right after the Niners/Texans on SNF. Guess it takes 24 hours for them to change the seats over.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Archived