NFL '13 SEASON THREAD

Cujo

Roger Goodell is cracking down on human emotion now.

I see "dislodging the stick from Roger Goodell's ass" isn't listed as a banned celebration yet - maybe someone should do that.

That article is somewhat misleading - spinning the ball isn't a penalty, nor is spiking it, nor doing an Incredible Hulk move, nor anything else floating around the Interwebs of Outrage.

They do draw a flag if you do them in the face of an opponent. Which is, by definition, unsportsmanlike conduct and worthy of a penalty.

I know that doesn't fit the easy Goddell meme, but hey.

Exactly. The Goddell hate is getting old. The competition may not be the fiercest but he's easily the best commissioner among the "big four."

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bears corner Kelvin Hayden and Saints receiver Joe Morgan are the latest players to suffer a severe leg injury. Seriously what is happening? Did these players all of a sudden get legs of an octogenarian, I've never seen it this bad. We still have four weeks till the season too.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Years later it turns out HGH proves to be a crippling blight to ACL/MCLs and the obvious red flag of abusers.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Roger Goodell is cracking down on human emotion now.

I see "dislodging the stick from Roger Goodell's ass" isn't listed as a banned celebration yet - maybe someone should do that.

That article is somewhat misleading - spinning the ball isn't a penalty, nor is spiking it, nor doing an Incredible Hulk move, nor anything else floating around the Interwebs of Outrage.

They do draw a flag if you do them in the face of an opponent. Which is, by definition, unsportsmanlike conduct and worthy of a penalty.

I know that doesn't fit the easy Goddell meme, but hey.

It's still a very subjective and unnecessary rule.

Don't want someone celebrating in your face? Stop them from scoring or prevent them from getting to the quarterback. It should be that simple.

Also, "in the face of an opponent" opens up a cheap loophole - if a player sees an opponent begin to spin the football, what's stopping them from running over near that player and making the spin look like it's directed at them to draw the flag?

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I believe the count is now 11 ACL injuries? It's nuts. And I have my suspicions as to why this rash of knee and leg injuries has (seemingly) been more widespread of late.

I wonder if the limited contact between the coaching staff and the players, or the limited time the players can be on the team's campus doing athletic reps (weightlifting or practicing) is part of this?

If it's a pastiche of black culture, why are the Mannings dressed like people who like Mellencamp?

I think they were shooting for boy band rather than black culture. What happens when a middle ager dresses like a Tiger Beat model? You get John Cougar Mellencamp.

@CS85 - it's pretty quick (12 to 24 hrs max) but the service is disabled if any game is on the air. So you can't watch while SNF is on for example.

On another note, can't wait to try this out with Chromecast. That will put any game available on NFL Rewind onto my flatscreen in HD with amazing surrond sound.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

It looks like Peyton Hillis hurt his knee in the Bucs- Ravens game.

Fantasy owners of Doug Martin rejoice.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Also, "in the face of an opponent" opens up a cheap loophole - if a player sees an opponent begin to spin the football, what's stopping them from running over near that player and making the spin look like it's directed at them to draw the flag?

NFL officiating is pretty bad, but I have to think that they're at least capable enough to catch something like that.

BB52Big.jpg

WHat happens when your team finishes 2-14? It makes you look forward to their preseason games. My silver lining is I get to watch a bunch of fresh faces hungry for a job. A lot of things I will be looking at. I can't wait to see Ace Sanders for the first time. He may be the camp MVP. Al Qaeda may be after him once they hear of his explosiveness.

I also can't wait to see the new uni's is action. Get to see how that helmet handles in real time. I am also digging the new food policy. You can bring in as much food as you want. It just has to be in a clear plastic bag. Our gang is doing pulled pork sandwiches. A couple of fat bags of pulled pork and a fat bag of buns. We happy.

I watched none of the game (because preseason football is the biggest joke in sports). Is there anything I can take away from a 34-10 preseason win over the Falcons?

It was a 3-0 Falcons lead when the starters left, but teams are running such vanilla game plans that it's really hard to gauge what either team did.

I watched none of the game (because preseason football is the biggest joke in sports). Is there anything I can take away from a 34-10 preseason win over the Falcons?

God help me, but I actually enjoy watching exhibition preseason football. Once preseason starts, it's on my "second feed" TV (baseball is always the "prime feed") all the time. I'll bounce back and forth between the baseball game and whatever exhibition preseason game is on NFL Network. I get a kick out of watching the scrubs playing their asses off in the second half just for a spot on special teams or the practice squad.

To answer your question about the Bengals - Falcons game: Nope.

BB52Big.jpg

Archived