NFL '13 SEASON THREAD

Cujo

All I know is he looked good in the preseason. And yes I know preseason doesn't mean anything

Nice. Knowing that no team signed him to a contract fro, 2010-13 means much more.

Knowing how to spell could mean a lot too.

I can and will make the edit. And since we are not to attack posters, I'll just pull away from here while there is a very easy one I could use for many on this board.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Redskins probably should have played RGIII in at least one preseason quarter though

NOT.

Every bit of RGIII information did not come from the team this off-season, it came from ...RGIII via adidas.

July 22- RGIII tweets he that "Doctors cleared me for practice"...no official comment from the team.

NFL preseason occurs from August 8- August 30

August 28- RGIII tweets he is "cleared to play from Dr. James Andrews"...again no official comment from the team.

The Redskins probably should have played RGIII in at least one preseason quarter though

NOT.

Every bit of RGIII information did not come from the team this off-season, it came from ...RGIII via adidas.

July 22- RGIII tweets he that "Doctors cleared me for practice"...no official comment from the team.

August 28- RGIII tweets he is "cleared to play from Dr. James Andrews"...again no official comment from the team.

RG3 shouldn't be playing until next week anyway. It's really sad to see Shanahan practically throwing his career away.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

NOT.

RG3 shouldn't be playing until next week anyway. It's really sad to see Shanahan practically throwing his career away.

The team is not doing it. The team was right.

adidas is the issue.

He makes as much $$$ money from his endorsements (Castrol, EA Sports, Subway, Gatorade, EvoShield and Adidas) and speaking appearances, than from the Redskins. The NFL rookie system makes his base low

Adidas couldn't even get RGIII to display their logo without the NFL stepping in and shooting them down. I very much doubt they have the influence with the NFL or one of its teams needed to force him to play before he's healthy.

Browns will be lucky to go 1-3 before the bye week.

Why always so pessimistic, man? You're like, the only Cleveland fan ever who's not constantly optimistic.

I think they should win at least one of those games. You've got two good chances at home against Detroit and Baltimore who aren't world-beaters and then maybe you could nick a game in Green Bay or Kansas City.

I'll be surprised if they go 0-4 through the stretch, content with 1-3, but desiring 2-2 to stay in the thick of things.

No quarterback or running game and they've barely beaten two bad teams (Vikings, Bills). Hoyer wasn't great, but at least he could move the ball. Weeden is slow and really a worthless QB. 3-2 means absolutely nothing, just like the Steelers at 0-4. As the season progresses everything will even out.

The Cleveland fans that are optimistic right now are idiots, sorry. They are the same people who were screaming "WORLD SERIES" after the Indians won 10 games against AAA teams. In Cleveland failure happens one way or another. Get used to it.

Oh I'm well used to it.

So what that they've beaten two bad teams? It's the NFL. They're wins. You take them however you get them.

Sports are supposed to be fun, man. I don't expect the Browns to win the Super Bowl. I don't expect them to make the playoffs. I'm just having fun with this team while I can, not being miserable when they actually win.

I don't get you. I probably never will. Whatever.

6fQjS3M.png

Adidas couldn't even get RGIII to display their logo without the NFL stepping in and shooting them down. I very much doubt they have the influence with the NFL or one of its teams needed to force him to play before he's healthy.

He is getting paid, regardless.

"Operation Patience" was not a Redskins thing, not a NFL thing, it was what adidas wanted to push and the team and coach was caught up in it all.

Browns will be lucky to go 1-3 before the bye week.

Why always so pessimistic, man? You're like, the only Cleveland fan ever who's not constantly optimistic.

I think they should win at least one of those games. You've got two good chances at home against Detroit and Baltimore who aren't world-beaters and then maybe you could nick a game in Green Bay or Kansas City.

I'll be surprised if they go 0-4 through the stretch, content with 1-3, but desiring 2-2 to stay in the thick of things.

No quarterback or running game and they've barely beaten two bad teams (Vikings, Bills). Hoyer wasn't great, but at least he could move the ball. Weeden is slow and really a worthless QB. 3-2 means absolutely nothing, just like the Steelers at 0-4. As the season progresses everything will even out.

The Cleveland fans that are optimistic right now are idiots, sorry. They are the same people who were screaming "WORLD SERIES" after the Indians won 10 games against AAA teams. In Cleveland failure happens one way or another. Get used to it.

Oh I'm well used to it.

So what that they've beaten two bad teams? It's the NFL. They're wins. You take them however you get them.

Sports are supposed to be fun, man. I don't expect the Browns to win the Super Bowl. I don't expect them to make the playoffs. I'm just having fun with this team while I can, not being miserable when they actually win.

I don't get you. I probably never will. Whatever.

Agreed. When your team blows you just have to look at the good things in inverse to the bad.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

This is Cleveland's first 3-2 start since 2001, and the first week they've been over .500 since Week 17 of 2007.

Little things - enjoy them.

And...AND...they currently sit all alone atop the AFC North!!!

Is there a division worse in the NFL right now than the NFC East?*

*cue hate replies from Cowboys, Eagles, Giants and Redskins fans in 3...2...1...

Glad that the NFC West gets a break from being the worst division in football.

The thing is that you'll never hear the media pundits slam the NFC East for being so awful. If this were either of the Western divisions, then ESPN and other football-centric medias would have a feel day in insulting the teams and their fans. But God forbid if either of the Eastern divisions range from mediocre to this awful (at least on the NFC side).

Glad that the NFC West gets a break from being the worst division in football.

The thing is that you'll never hear the media pundits slam the NFC East for being so awful. If this were either of the Western divisions, then ESPN and other football-centric medias would have a feel day in insulting the teams and their fans. But God forbid if either of the Eastern divisions range from mediocre to this awful (at least on the NFC side).

Even so, they were blasting the AFC West before the season even started. Saying it was far and away the worst division in the NFL.

Expect to see a lot of bashing of the NFC East if the division is won by a 7-9 team. That's why the NFC West got bashed a few years back, not because of some anti-western conspiracy.

The day SportsCenter does not praise the NFC East in every single one of their shows will be the day hell freezes over, thaws, then re-freezes again.

Expect to see a lot of bashing of the NFC East if the division is won by a 7-9 team. That's why the NFC West got bashed a few years back, not because of some anti-western conspiracy.

The day SportsCenter does not praise the NFC East in every single one of their shows will be the day hell freezes over, thaws, then re-freezes again.

According to Sunday NFL countdown right now, the best thing for ratings is to have Cris Carter throw footballs at random carboard cutouts next to a giant picture of Peyton Manning.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Also Andrew Luck looks and sounds exactly like Joel David Moore, aka JP from Grandma's Boy. It's creepy.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived