NFL '13 SEASON THREAD

Cujo

This can also go in the World Is Going to Crap Thread

http://tracking.si.com/2013/10/11/adrian-peterson-south-dakota-tragic/

Adrian Peterson’s absence from the Vikings’ Thursday practice was due to a personal situation that a source close to the NFL’s reigning Most Valuable Player describes as “tragic,” according to Pro Football Talk.

Stu Whitney of the Argus Leader reported Thursday on Twitter that Peterson was in Sioux Falls, S.D., dealing with a very serious medical issue involving a young family member that likely will become a police matter.

TMZ reports that Peterson’s 2-year-old son is currently in critical condition in a South Dakota hospital after he was allegedly severely beaten by the man dating the child’s mother.

A prosecutor is expected to address the situation this morning.

The Vikings said Peterson missed Thursday’s practice due to personal reasons. The Star-Tribune reports he is in Minnesota on Friday morning and is expected to address the media after practice.

This is so sickening, hopefully the kid pulls through.

This is starting to make the rounds here in Minnesota...It's flat out eerie to read the "two-year-old...attacked" portion of the headlines.

This may become TWO police matters if AP gets his hands on the guy.

I'm almost surprised that we aren't hearing stories about "all day" beating the living hell out of this guy. I know AP is a great guy but if there is ever a moment to use that god given inner beast he has it's now.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Adrian Peterson’s absence from the Vikings’ Thursday practice was due to a personal situation that a source close to the NFL’s reigning Most Valuable Player describes as “tragic,” according to Pro Football Talk.

Stu Whitney of the Argus Leader reported Thursday on Twitter that Peterson was in Sioux Falls, S.D., dealing with a very serious medical issue involving a young family member that likely will become a police matter.

TMZ reports that Peterson’s 2-year-old son is currently in critical condition in a South Dakota hospital after he was allegedly severely beaten by the man dating the child’s mother.

The Vikings said Peterson missed Thursday’s practice due to personal reasons. The Star-Tribune reports he is in Minnesota on Friday morning and is expected to address the media after practice.

This is starting to make the rounds here in Minnesota...It's flat out eerie to read the "two-year-old...attacked" portion of the headlines.

I'm almost surprised that we aren't hearing stories about "all day" beating the living hell out of this guy. I know AP is a great guy but if there is ever a moment to use that god given inner beast he has it's now.

AP has so much to lose... the other prisoners will probably take care of the guy for him.

I hope South Dakota has the death penalty for that asshat

The Buccaneers should forfeit this game if everyone who comes in contact with them will contract goddamn MRSA. Man, this team.

How did this happen to the Bucs any way dont they try to keep their locker clean?

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

AP has so much to lose... the other prisoners will probably take care of the guy for him.

Blowing an NFL career isn't even in the same universe as losing a child. Nobody should have to go through something like that. Beyond heartbreaking.

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

Blowing an NFL career isn't even in the same universe as losing a child. Nobody should have to go through something like that. Beyond heartbreaking.

Well, yeah, but going out and kicking the guys ass or killing him doesn't do a whole lot to bring your son back.

IUe6Hvh.png

Crlanpinochet is pretty much on point: let the prisoners take care of him.

Give AP the time he needs to mourn, and then let him come back to play. I'm almost certain he wishes he could kill his son's murderer, but he shouldn't because that would sacrifice his football career. Even though it's justifiable, he would end up in the same spot as Aaron Hernandez. He has lost enough, and doesn't need to lose anything more.

it's just, holy crap, you wonder what the hell is truly wrong with some people that they would kill a freaking two-year old child.

Some things, you just can't believe why people do it. And we'll never have any answers for it, either; not that there really are "justifiable" answers to doing this anyway.

Yea, some people are really f**cked up and piss-poor morally.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

I've been around people with bad attitudes before, but I never felt like any of them have ever showed signs of being capable of murdering someone. At least, not as far as I can recall. Sometimes, I find it hard to believe that these people actually exist. Yet everyday in the news, there's always a new headline of a murder that took place somewhere.

Adrian Petersons absence from the Vikings Thursday practice was due to a personal situation that a source close to the NFLs reigning Most Valuable Player describes as tragic, according to Pro Football Talk.

TMZ reports that Petersons 2-year-old son is currently in critical condition in a South Dakota hospital after he was allegedly severely beaten by the man dating the childs mother.

The Vikings said Peterson missed Thursdays practice due to personal reasons. The Star-Tribune reports he is in Minnesota on Friday morning and is expected to address the media after practice.

Peterson's father did time when Adrian was 13; Pops was given a ten year sentence. He cannot continue the cycle for his other children.

Also, if you are gonna do time, "you needs to be ready" to do time, regardless of your income and circumstances.

The rumor starting to make the rounds now is that AP didn't know this kid existed until a month or two ago, and was making plans to meet him soon. The first time he met him was on his death bed Thursday. Absolutely sickening. This kid isn't AP Jr., that we see photographed with AP all the time, not saying that's better or worse, just clarifying that he had/has a few kids.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Archived