dmhtfld

Helmet Finishes

With all the different helmet finishes that HGI is able to bring us, I figured I would try to throw a chart together to help people differentiate the different paint jobs used. Now this is a really rough chart that I plan on updating once I get some help from you guys. Most of the finishes are probably named wrong but I tried to categorize them the best I could. Now what I need from you guys is help with getting these names right and letting me know if there are certain styles that I had left out.

Helmetfinishes_zps9f0642d8.png

I think the first one is just chrome but in black.

I think the Oregon and mich state would be eggshell, not positive though.

What is Candy? Super glossy?

What is Candy? Super glossy?

Looks like a normal helmet pretty much

Nice post! I'm actually a big fan of the chrome and matte. It's amazing what they've been able to do the past few years.

Ironically, Pantone discontinued their Matte color books a couple of years ago...you can only get solid/spot colors on Coated and Uncoated paper now.

You forgot Arkansas and the Vikings' Satin finish.

TCU's new standard helmet is satin and they have a hydrochrome one as well.

"Shiny matte" is a satin finish. Also include the seahawks. Texas A/M also have a satin finish but HGI developed that one to actually be between a standard matte and satin. The Vikings is the same way but i think they might have a metallic flake in theirs. Still unsure about that

The metallic matte looks like a satin finish over a metallic paint. Which is what i think the Vikings have