Chicago Blackhawks's new logo

Sidney

Hey! this is my firts post...

I decided to redesign a famous logo which is Chicago Blackhawks, to me the current logo looks like a cartoon, so I done something more simplist.

Tell me what you think, every criticisms are welcome :)

Sorry for my english I am french.

FinallogoBH1_zpsefb50877.jpg

hNa1bgX.png

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is certainly less cartoon-ish than the current logo. I, for one, appreciate an effort to modernize their look without throwing away the Native American component all together.

To me it looks like very good work but it feels too vertical somehow, not sure why that is or how to fix it or if it even needs to be fixed.

I like it, though I think the lips could use a little work. He looks like hes kissing as of now

Kissing the Cup. ;)

...no I'm not a Blackhawks fan.

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

I am a Blackhawks fan I'll give you what I think is good bad awesome and terrible:

Good- the design as a whole. Taking out any connection to the team and just looking at the design its a really good concept.

Bad- the facial consistency. You did a great job on the eye and making it look fierce. The lips and forehead however look to be very neutral.

Awesome-that you kept the same logo and just made it better. When the old logo that is used everywhere still (with the black circle) got changed to the current, they did a really good job of taking indian and just modernizing it. The concept isnt and never has been broken you did a fine job staying true to that.

Terrible-this isnt your fault. There are a handful of pro teams out there with left facing mascots (bluejays, indians). I hate this. And especially hate that my blackhawks are in this group. Its a pyscholical thing. If you want your franchise to move forward you face the logo forward. Now in the blackhawks case right now its ok to look back but come October face the logo to the right! (I used this space to vent on a personal qualm because there is nothing terrible about your concept)

Hi Sidney...Your english is fine, and your logo is very fine!

I'm only being nit-picky here, because this is so good and you're so close.

The second lip treatment is better, but I don't think that you need the extra little black zig-zag that you've put in.

I'd try making the eyebrow and eye unit bigger, and maybe slide it up and to the front a tad.

I think that the nose is OK, and the hair and feathers are perfect.

Great job.

1. Lips are better

2. Keep refining the shape

3. Reduce the colors. I count 11. (light tan, dark tan, charcoal, black, yellow, red, different red, green, blue, brown, white)

That is way too many. Do more with less and eliminate one of the tan colors, charcoal, one of the red colors, and brown.

In fact, If I were you, I would make it black and white to start and see how far you can push that before incorporating color.

Archived