New Phoenix Suns Uniforms

suns1977

Putting the number inside the sunburst might work.

I just don't see why they'd do that. It's easier to just put the number under the sunburst, just like the old jerseys. Also, I really don't see them having lines or streaks without a sunburst attached. Guess we'll be finding out one way or the other in less than 30 days now.

Join the movement to bring PURPLE and ORANGE back to the Phoenix Suns! Sign the petition HERE.

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just don't see why they'd do that. It's easier to just put the number under the sunburst, just like the old jerseys. Also, I really don't see them having lines or streaks without a sunburst attached. Guess we'll be finding out one way or the other in less than 30 days now.

If you look above the numbers where the fabric "breathing" holes are there is a patch without them that almost looks like it was photoshopped to be solid purple/white. It appears to be the bottom of the Suns partial logo (at least the triangular streak below the basketball.) I think it's evidence as we've all thought that there's a sunburst there.

Teaser6_zpseabd508d.jpg

If you look above the numbers where the fabric "breathing" holes are there is a patch without them that almost looks like it was photoshopped to be solid purple/white. It appears to be the bottom of the Suns partial logo (at least the triangular streak below the basketball.) I think it's evidence as we've all thought that there's a sunburst there.

Teaser6_zpseabd508d.jpg

Good eye, man. I hadn't noticed that before.

I love how the Suns can't even tell us what day in August.

And by love I mean it's completely and totally annoying.

When will the Suns reveal the new uniforms?

August. That's all we know.

Kind of like how the paparazzi camped outside of William and Kate's hospital for weeks because the due date was "July".

Teaser6_zpseabd508d.jpg

I don't think that's the case, I think it's just how the mesh pattern looks on the side of the jersey. HOWEVER, the folds in the fabric above the number on the white jersey look like they could be th result of a sun logo. You can see like 3 triangular/spoke shapes

^That's what I said. Above the numbers. We're talking about the same thing.

Also, the announcer at the NO Pelicans jersey reveal repeated the NBA rule of only two jerseys in the first year of a uniform change. So, unless the Purple aways are sleeved or the NBA is breaking the rules to push the sleeves, then I don't think the Suns are getting an orange sleeved jersey this year.

Teaser6_zpseabd508d.jpg

Good eye, man. I hadn't noticed that before.

Hate to bust y'alls bubble, but what you're looking at actually is the fabric itself—the solid portion is part of adidas' Power Web design, integrated into the jersey. I'm in phone so I can't post a better picture to show what I'm talking about, but the design runs through the entire jersey, front and back. The holes are smaller towards the sidepanels, bigger in the main torso areas.

(Doubt any of that made sense, but, still.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Hate to bust y'alls bubble, but what you're looking at actually is the fabric itself—the solid portion is part of adidas' Power Web design, integrated into the jersey. I'm in phone so I can't post a better picture to show what I'm talking about, but the design runs through the entire jersey, front and back. The holes are smaller towards the sidepanels, bigger in the main torso areas.

(Doubt any of that made sense, but, still.)

I know that you're talking about. Makes sense. I just saw a little discrepancy between the placement of the power web in relation to the "4" and thought maybe there is something above the numbers that causes that slight shift.

Also, the announcer at the NO Pelicans jersey reveal repeated the NBA rule of only two jerseys in the first year of a uniform change. So, unless the Purple aways are sleeved or the NBA is breaking the rules to push the sleeves, then I don't think the Suns are getting an orange sleeved jersey this year.

i think the orange alt uni will be sleeved and will "break" the rule. anything for that ca$h.

i think the orange alt uni will be sleeved and will "break" the rule. anything for that ca$h.

Yeah, and we've already seen the leaked wordmark, so we know there will be an orange alternate. And it's been confirmed the Suns will, in fact, be one of a handful of teams to wear a sleeved alternate.

Join the movement to bring PURPLE and ORANGE back to the Phoenix Suns! Sign the petition HERE.

LOL at this tweet:

@caseytaggatz It's officially @Suns uniform reveal month! Details of unveiling to come in the days ahead. #NewLookSuns

Enough already.

They're going to milk this until fans simply lose interest (they already seem to be). Honestly, they should have done a tease every other day for a week or two and then just unveiled the jerseys. Watch as they wait until August 31st to finally show the jerseys.

Yeah, I agree with other comments, I think the sleeved jersey is separate from the others.

Now, I have a question. I understand they're not allowed to have a 3rd alternate for the first year after a uniform change.

BUT, are they allowed to still show it? The Pelican's brass said they'd have one next year. Do they already have the concept?

Furthermore, I wonder if the Suns will announce a black alternate for next year upon their unveiling.

Yeah, I agree with other comments, I think the sleeved jersey is separate from the others.

Now, I have a question. I understand they're not allowed to have a 3rd alternate for the first year after a uniform change.

BUT, are they allowed to still show it? The Pelican's brass said they'd have one next year. Do they already have the concept?

Furthermore, I wonder if the Suns will announce a black alternate for next year upon their unveiling.

I doubt they announce it at the unveiling, but I fully expect to see an all black alternate next season ('14/'15, that is).

If there is, in fact, a sunburst, it will definitely be different than the old style. Not only will it have a lot more streaks, but the streaks are quite different. I'm said it apparently won't have the purple at the end, but I'm not surprised considering the direction the organization is going. Can't wait to see what they do with it, even though I'm a little scared.

sunsunis1993-20001.gif

Archived