New Phoenix Suns Uniforms

suns1977

nor do I get the point of that weird oval on the front numbers.

Yeah, I can't figure out what an orange oval would have to do with the Suns either.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I can't figure out what an orange oval would have to do with the Suns either.

i always thought it was an abstraction of the Earth's orbit around the sun, with the "sun" being the player's number.

It always looked like Saturn to me.

Also: I thought the orange alternates were sharp. I understand how people didn't like the lack of purple, but I think orange and grey work excellent together.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

BQ8C0NrCAAE7IVR.jpg

Doesn't it look like the sunburst effect is radiating through the letter? Those seams are slanted like the streaks / sunburst. Not a bad idea. Also clearly visible on the fashion square images above.

Looks like they really messed up the stitching or it isn't stitched at all. The sunbursts look like a nice touch though.

Anyone else have a feeling that they haven't even made the uniforms yet, but have been teasing things to get an idea on what people like? Not opposed to that if it were the case lol.

I don't think that's possible, since I believe uniform designs must be turned in well in advance. But nothing would surprise me with the Suns and their decision makers.

Join the movement to bring PURPLE and ORANGE back to the Phoenix Suns! Sign the petition HERE.

BQ8C0NrCAAE7IVR.jpg

Doesn't it look like the sunburst effect is radiating through the letter? Those seams are slanted like the streaks / sunburst. Not a bad idea. Also clearly visible on the fashion square images above.

Looks like they really messed up the stitching or it isn't stitched at all. The sunbursts look like a nice touch though.

Am i the only one that notices the thing on the bottom left? confirmation the sunburst is there?

StLouisCardinals.png

CowboysClassic_zpsb3d9923d.png

#9 LSU vs. TCU

BQ8C0NrCAAE7IVR.jpg

Am i the only one that notices the thing on the bottom left? confirmation the sunburst is there?

I noticed it, but whatever it is may not be there on the actual uniforms. Remember, this is for the Gorilla. He's always worn a variation of the team's official uniform, but usually not the same exact design.

Join the movement to bring PURPLE and ORANGE back to the Phoenix Suns! Sign the petition HERE.

You're being sarcastic, but seriously - what does an orange ovular outline have to do with Suns? Maybe an eclipse... if the sun was an oval. It was just following the trend of logos using "rings" that was big in the early oughts.

The uniform was terrible - just look at the sleeves. It's like a wide sleeve with a normal sleeve drawn on top of it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

BQ8C0NrCAAE7IVR.jpg

Well what part of the uniform is the G on? Id assume the left side, meaning the only traces of the sunburst on that side would be orange. And any traces of black if any would be on the right side.

You're being sarcastic, but seriously - what does an orange ovular outline have to do with Suns? Maybe an eclipse... if the sun was an oval. It was just following the trend of logos using "rings" that was big in the early oughts.

The uniform was terrible - just look at the sleeves. It's like a wide sleeve with a normal sleeve drawn on top of it.

The oval is for those pictures of the planets that show their orbit around the sun. I can remember some posters on the wall in science class which illustrated this. I'm in phone, so hopefully I can this to work:

http://images.search.yahoo.com/images/view;_ylt=A0PDoKqqSQJSwE0ArVuJzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTFxZ2s5ZWJwBHNlYwNzcgRzbGsDaW1nBG9pZAM0ZjA1MWUzZmYxMzBlNDY3Njk0ZDg0YWNiYjc5ODUzOARncG9zAzg-?back=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.search.yahoo.com%2Fsearch%2Fimages%3Fp%3Dplanets%2Borbiting%2Bthe%2Bsun%26tab%3Dorganic%26ri%3D8&w=350&h=274&imgurl=www.infoniac.com%2Fuimg%2Finfoniac-solar-system.jpg&rurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.infoniac.com%2Fscience%2Fsolar-system-similar-to-ours-discovered.html&size=38.5KB&name=Astronomers+discovered+a+planetary+system+that+is+almost+identical+to+...&p=planets+orbiting+the+sun&oid=4f051e3ff130e467694d84acbb798538&fr2=&fr=&tt=Astronomers+discovered+a+planetary+system+that+is+almost+identical+to+...&b=0∋=120&no=8&ts=&tab=organic&sigr=12cssu70p&sigb=12ou8g62n&sigi=11fbnapqd&.crumb=LzGbVGOWZiS&

I'm guessing it's a player nameplate. There's no G in the team name obviously.

Well what part of the uniform is the G on? Id assume the left side, meaning the only traces of the sunburst on that side would be orange. And any traces of black if any would be on the right side.

87Redskins.png

I'm guessing it's a player nameplate. There's no G in the team name obviously.

Read the thread, it's for the Gorilla.

Anyone else notice we didn't get a teaser photo yesterday, breaking their "three-day pattern?" Is it because we got the Gorilla photo? Or are they slowing down the reveals since we know the date now? I know they said they'd be hitting up the Vine account and Youtube.

Anyone else notice we didn't get a teaser photo yesterday, breaking their "three-day pattern?" Is it because we got the Gorilla photo? Or are they slowing down the reveals since we know the date now? I know they said they'd be hitting up the Vine account and Youtube.

If they do another reveal before the 15th, which is only a week away, it'll probably be a day or so beforehand (if not on the actual day). I think we've pretty much seen everything on the jersey, minus the possible sunburst. All that's left for them to reveal now is the final product (and, of course, the orange sleeved uniform as well as a possible alternate).

Archived