suns1977

New Phoenix Suns Uniforms

Anyone else notice we didn't get a teaser photo yesterday, breaking their "three-day pattern?" Is it because we got the Gorilla photo? Or are they slowing down the reveals since we know the date now? I know they said they'd be hitting up the Vine account and Youtube.

If they do another reveal before the 15th, which is only a week away, it'll probably be a day or so beforehand (if not on the actual day). I think we've pretty much seen everything on the jersey, minus the possible sunburst. All that's left for them to reveal now is the final product (and, of course, the orange sleeved uniform as well as a possible alternate).

No alts in the first year now. A sleeved is probably still legal though.

Anyone else notice we didn't get a teaser photo yesterday, breaking their "three-day pattern?" Is it because we got the Gorilla photo? Or are they slowing down the reveals since we know the date now? I know they said they'd be hitting up the Vine account and Youtube.

If they do another reveal before the 15th, which is only a week away, it'll probably be a day or so beforehand (if not on the actual day). I think we've pretty much seen everything on the jersey, minus the possible sunburst. All that's left for them to reveal now is the final product (and, of course, the orange sleeved uniform as well as a possible alternate).

Paul Coro (Suns beat writer for the Arizona Republic) said that they'd show an alternate and that it would be in addition to the purple road jersey and orange sleeved uniform. He seems pretty certain about it, too. I thought you couldn't have an alternate in the first year of a redesign, too, but who knows. I guess we'll find out for sure next Thursday.

Here's his article:http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/20130804phoenix-suns-set-to-unveil-new-uniforms-in-fashion-show.html

He states: "The 7 p.m. event outside Barneys New York at the Scottsdale Fashion Square will feature former and current Suns players modeling the new jerseys — home, away and alternate including the first sleeved Suns jersey."

He implies the alternate and the sleeved uniform will be separate. He clarifies this point on Twitter when asked about it....

@PaulCoro There will be a sleeved alternate jersey. It sounds like there also will be another alternate jersey.

I wonder if they're only allowed to show us what the alternate will look like, but then explain it won't be available for game wear until next year?

Either way, at this point I can't wait for next Thursday to get here.

Was really looking forward to those Black uniforms too. That's why they wore the Black retro unis last year! I doubt that the alternate will be orange.

Here's what it says on Wikipedia (they can't put anything on there that's not true.... right???):

Per NBA rules, teams will only introduce a new third jersey at least two years after unveiling a new logo and uniform set.

Anyone know where to find the official NBA rules on this? Could it possibly have been changed since the new CBA? I wonder what it says about alts that have sleeves?

Here's what it says on Wikipedia (they can't put anything on there that's not true.... right???):

Per NBA rules, teams will only introduce a new third jersey at least two years after unveiling a new logo and uniform set.

Anyone know where to find the official NBA rules on this? Could it possibly have been changed since the new CBA? I wonder what it says about alts that have sleeves?

I'm pretty sure when $$$$ talks, any uniform rules can be waived (official or unofficial)

Paul Coro (Suns beat writer for the Arizona Republic) said that they'd show an alternate and that it would be in addition to the purple road jersey and orange sleeved uniform. He seems pretty certain about it, too. I thought you couldn't have an alternate in the first year of a redesign, too, but who knows. I guess we'll find out for sure next Thursday.

Here's his article:http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/20130804phoenix-suns-set-to-unveil-new-uniforms-in-fashion-show.html

He states: "The 7 p.m. event outside Barneys New York at the Scottsdale Fashion Square will feature former and current Suns players modeling the new jerseys — home, away and alternate including the first sleeved Suns jersey."

He implies the alternate and the sleeved uniform will be separate. He clarifies this point on Twitter when asked about it....

@PaulCoro There will be a sleeved alternate jersey. It sounds like there also will be another alternate jersey.

I would argue that the first quote implies that the alternate is the sleeved jersey. His clarification obviously says the opposite, but he doesn't seem 100% about it.

I would definitely speculate that the sleeved jersey 'doesn't count' as the alternate and therefore is allowed this year; or that the alternate rule is waived since it's part of the push for sleeved abominations.

FWIW, the Jazz introduced an alternate one year after getting new home and road unis, not two years.

And it does sounds like the sleeved jersey is the alternate. The quote is "Home, away, and alternate - INCLUDING the first sleeved Suns jersey". The quote isn't "Home, away, and alternate - PLUS the first sleeved Suns jersey".

FWIW, the Jazz introduced an alternate one year after getting new home and road unis, not two years.

And it does sounds like the sleeved jersey is the alternate. The quote is "Home, away, and alternate - INCLUDING the first sleeved Suns jersey". The quote isn't "Home, away, and alternate - PLUS the first sleeved Suns jersey".

But the tweet that "clarifies" things does say Alternate plus sleeved jersey.

No it says it sounds like there's another jersey, which, although it doesn't rule it out, also doesn't definitively state that there is one. Reads more like he just thinks there might be another one without any real proof, just speculation.

No it says it sounds like there's another jersey, which, although it doesn't rule it out, also doesn't definitively state that there is one. Reads more like he just thinks there might be another one without any real proof, just speculation.

Honestly, I think that's all Coro does.... speculate. He likes to throw stuff out there and then hope something sticks.

They might have a Christmas or some other 1 time uniform that is the 4th jersey in question. The Nets had that in their first year, though that was their 3rd set not 4th.

SunsBad_zps58026339.jpg

Hurm. Rather like those.

Pretty sure I'll like those more than the real things.

SunsBad_zps58026339.jpg

Hurm. Rather like those.

Pretty sure I'll like those more than the real things.

Yeah, actually, those are kind of ingenious. Simple, yet it says so much.

Anyway, it looks like I'll be headed to Scottsdale Fashion Square for the unveiling on Thursday. Anyone else going?

Y'all're kidding, right?

How I'm feeling about Thursday

o4xhq.jpg

Can someone please explain why, if the Suns colors are primarily purple and orange, that the home uniform has no purple in it? It just seems weird that one of the team's primary colors would not feature at all in the home uniform...especially when it's the main color of the road uni.