New Phoenix Suns Uniforms

suns1977

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What I hate:

• Purple on the road and no purple on the other two. I hope this does not become a huge trend. They should either be purple or not. If they want to go black and orange, than just do it. If they don't want to upset fans that want purple, then make it a full-fledged color and use it on all uniforms.

There is purple on the home and orange alt. The tiny logo above the nameplate is the PHX flaming sun logo, which contains purple.

Less than a dine size worth of purple, does not mean there is purple in the uniform

Thank you.

Join the movement to bring PURPLE and ORANGE back to the Phoenix Suns! Sign the petition HERE.

I really only don't care for the shorts. I think the winged/feathered logo on the sunburst just doesn't work for me or I don't understand it. Other than that if you look at good quality photos of the jerseys themselves, the colors look really standout and the wordmark gradient is a cool effect. I think time will be kinder to these jerseys.

I still don't understand why they couldn't have updated that Sunburst patch logo. It's so simple and effective. I made a mockup of an easy modernization. I might make a separate thread on it, but this just seems so easy.

34gqd8l.pngqohy0z.png35l81mf.png

I really only don't care for the shorts. I think the winged/feathered logo on the sunburst just doesn't work for me or I don't understand it. Other than that if you look at good quality photos of the jerseys themselves, the colors look really standout and the wordmark gradient is a cool effect. I think time will be kinder to these jerseys.

I still don't understand why they couldn't have updated that Sunburst patch logo. It's so simple and effective. I made a mockup of an easy modernization. I might make a separate thread on it, but this just seems so easy.

That looks absolutely perfect. They should replace the firebird logo with this, while keeping the primary (but adding purple back of course) and the new "S" logo. That is a blend of old and new done right! Clean, simple, effective.

That looks absolutely perfect. They should replace the firebird logo with this, while keeping the primary (but adding purple back of course) and the new "S" logo.

I agree 100%.

Join the movement to bring PURPLE and ORANGE back to the Phoenix Suns! Sign the petition HERE.

Maybe it's because I have no affinity for any of the prior Suns uniforms, but I really don't get the animus towards this set. Yes, sleeves are dumb, but beyond that, this actually looks pretty nice to me. I like the bold colors, I like the nega-sun, and I like the boldness of the script and placement of the numbers. It looks like a nice, modern uniform.

I'm not going to buy one or anything, but I think it's a nice addition to the NBA. Certainly better crafted than the Pelicans.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

You guys are overreacting a ton.
If you don't get exactly what you want, you instantly say they're terrible. These aren't that bad. The sleeved jerseys look fine, and so does everything else. Stop with your overreactions: "THESE ARE SO TERRIBLE IS THIS A JOKE?". No, it's not a joke, and these aren't even close to the worst jersey in NBA history.

spacer.png

Maybe it's because I have no affinity for any of the prior Suns uniforms, but I really don't get the animus towards this set. Yes, sleeves are dumb, but beyond that, this actually looks pretty nice to me. I like the bold colors, I like the nega-sun, and I like the boldness of the script and placement of the numbers. It looks like a nice, modern uniform.

I'm not going to buy one or anything, but I think it's a nice addition to the NBA. Certainly better crafted than the Pelicans.

While many fans are disappointed in the absence of a sunburst, I think most are angry with the lack of purple on the home and sleeved uniform. It's supposedly a Suns color, but they refuse to use it beyond the road jersey. I firmly believe the addition of purple would have silenced lots of critics and would have made the overall uniform design 'pop' and simply look more cohesive. Instead we get a boring, flat look with no substance.

Black, dark purple, gray, burnt orange and burnt-er orange are bold colors?

OldRomanSig2.jpg

My question is, are the stripes sewn on or screen printed?

If they are sewn on, then that is just dumb, but screen printed would make more sense and they would be able to have a sun.

Hell, out of the leagues I think NBA should go back to heat pressed lettering and numbers, than the pelican's wouldn't have to have a tiny wordmark.

I think they are heat pressed, its not screen printed, and it didnt look sewn on in the teaser shot

I wonder if the Adidas fabric or technology, etc. would actually make it impossible to have the entire sunburst across the front? The design was sublimated into the '90s jerseys. Can they even do that with these?...or would the sunburst have to be a huge sewn on patch?

Well ATL's throwbacks, is assume, were on the rev 30 and had to have been sublimated.

I think these are badly designed, but also use bad color combinations.

I don't like the faux sunbursts, but if they're gonna use them , whey not make them orange on the purple jersey?

Would've been better if they just omitted the Frosted flakes logo completely. More purple and orange together would've made this set so much better.

Surprisingly enough, I've come around slightly. I was the worst of the bunch in condeming these things (see page 22, 18 for a good laugh). Maybe it was the things they were saying/doing during the unveiling event broadcast that was contributing to turning people off.

Given the few gripes and arbitrary application choices, it really isn't all that bad. I would still prefer either full sunburst or no streaks and just plain angled text. The darkening of the colors are questionable, as is the omitting of purple and pushing of black and orange. The lack of purple is actually dismal. Already such an underused color. Sleeved alts are growing on me, albeit the black hole sun and halloween color scheme is not.

The only thing I liked from the previous set was the grey/orange PHX alts and the introduction of the PHX/bird logo.

Orange numbers on the aways are nice. We haven't seen orange numbers on a Suns jersey in a long time.

Archived