New Phoenix Suns Uniforms

suns1977

Maybe it's because I have no affinity for any of the prior Suns uniforms, but I really don't get the animus towards this set. Yes, sleeves are dumb, but beyond that, this actually looks pretty nice to me. I like the bold colors, I like the nega-sun, and I like the boldness of the script and placement of the numbers. It looks like a nice, modern uniform.

I'm not going to buy one or anything, but I think it's a nice addition to the NBA. Certainly better crafted than the Pelicans.

Black, dark purple, gray, burnt orange and burnt-er orange are bold colors?

You know what I mean. It's solid, dramatic use of single colors, which is what I meant by bold. There are accents, but they're just that.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Orange sleeve jersey aside, these aren't actually too bad. I think they will look better on court than on the runway, and I think the ridiculously long build up and teasers haven't helped, as on this occasion it allowed fans, and us, to imagine something much closer to the classic 90s look. But they don't suck as much as the initial response suggests.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Would something similar to this have been so hard?

SunsPoss_zps366eb046.jpg

Far too easy, better to over think and turn out a turd.

Sadly I think a reason why they didn't go with this is because of the orange alts. Bursting sun on orange jersey would be so hard to see

They could have just done a black sun, then.

Their new orange alts have black suns in their phoenix design on the shorts.

Could have just done the same thing on the sunburst.

Woulda, coulda, shoulda....

Whatever, the Kool-Aid is kicking in, I'm starting to accept them.

Would something similar to this have been so hard?

SunsPoss_zps366eb046.jpg

Far too easy, better to over think and turn out a turd.
Sadly I think a reason why they didn't go with this is because of the orange alts. Bursting sun on orange jersey would be so hard to see

They could have just done a black sun, then.

Their new orange alts have black suns in their phoenix design on the shorts.

Could have just done the same thing on the sunburst.

Woulda, coulda, shoulda....

Whatever, the Kool-Aid is kicking in, I'm starting to accept them.

Nnnoooo! That's what Sarver wants and expects. Tolerate them for now, but as long as fans continue to express their frustrations, there's a good chance change will happen as soon as it's possible.

I do like the overall design and hope it remains intact, we just need some damn purple incorporated into the white and orange uniforms (as well as the logos and home court). If they do that, I will be extremely pleased and I think most fans will, too. It's very simple and doable.

Join the movement to bring PURPLE and ORANGE back to the Phoenix Suns! Sign the petition HERE.

When I saw these initially last night I knew not to post here because I loathed them. Now I hate them a bit less, but I'm still not digging the absence of purple on the home jersey, the wacky number font and I'm on the fence with that shorts logo. I do like the gradient on the wordmarks and when I heard the idea that the sunburst lines might just go into the number, I was optimistic but I mean they completely botched this. I think it'd be cool to have the sun/ball there, and maybe have the uni number in the middle of it?? Sorta like Golden State. I don't know. My biggest gripe by far is the negative space in between the burst lines and number. I cannot get over that. Still, this is better than the previous set. Not by much

sport-scarf_vikes_zps08004021.png

Absolutely terrible. I can't imagine they spent more then 20 minutes on this "identity."

This is the most hyperbolic and under-considered statement made on this thread; that's saying quite a bit.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

This is where I'm going to pull out the BrandMoore card (though I'm sure I'm not qualified to use it or whatever): Y'all don't really understand how design works, eh? Just because you don't enjoy the output doesn't mean that there wasn't effort put into it.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I've browsed these forums for a while, but I wasn't able to join before. I just decided to try again and it worked. Anyway, here are a couple quick edits I made to the jersey templates. I posted them on Twitter and most fans like the small addition of purple. They're not perfect, but you get the idea of what could have been.

I2gqYvB.jpg

I've browsed these forums for a while, but I wasn't able to join before. I just decided to try again and it worked. Anyway, here are a couple quick edits I made to the jersey templates. I posted them on Twitter and most fans like the small addition of purple. They're not perfect, but you get the idea of what could have been.

I2gqYvB.jpg

This is exactly what I've been talking about. Replace the black with the new shade of purple and you've got a damn winner. Is that so hard to digest, Sarver? Everyone knew he was obsessed with the Spurs, but this has really gone too far.

Join the movement to bring PURPLE and ORANGE back to the Phoenix Suns! Sign the petition HERE.

MOD EDIT

Citing it's funny/ironic how against it I was initially. Now most of us realize it's not that bad.

Looking strictly at design, I don't mind them. I may even like them. As a long time Phoenix Suns fan from Arizona, however, I'm appalled how they've thrown our great team history out the window. In 1968, when the team was born, their colors were purple and orange. They've always been purple and orange.... well, up until this year. Sarver wants to make us the SF Giants, Orioles, Bengals, Halloween, etc. That's not the Phoenix Suns and that's ultimately why fans are pissed off. The fixes are easy, but the question is, how stubborn is Robert Sarver? I pray that fans don't purchase tickets or merchandise if they're truly upset. Otherwise, nothing changes.

That said, I want to echo what Mockba said.

You can be as reactionary as you want. Say they suck. I basically have.

Just don't say things like "They spent 20 minutes on this" or "I could have done this in 5 minutes" or any number of things like that which are untrue and insulting on a level beyond a dislike of the work.

It may be surprising, but you can be passionate and reactionary and mature all at the same time!

I2gqYvB.jpg

You just earned your first user rating point!

I like your idea. It keeps the basic formula the same, but adds the consistency that is missing.

I only have three criticism's of these uniforms:

1. Too much black. Just replace it with the purple

2. Gap between the end of the streaks and the numbers are too big

3. If it's supposed to be a negative space sun, why isn't there a ')' style design on the right hand side of the jersey to close it again

Archived