New Phoenix Suns Uniforms

suns1977

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want to like the purple one but the wings on all of them seem WNBA-like.

Wings? Surely you're not referring to the 'speed lines'.

I think kajeet is referring to the phoenix on the shorts.

The road jerseys would look a MILLION TIMES BETTER if they just raised the wordmark about 1.5 inches.

Looks way too low and it's distracting because of it.

idk if anyone noticed or said anything, but is the logo on the shorts supposed to represent a sun and maybe the wings of a phoenix at the same time. the more i look at it, the more i seem to come to that conclusion

2rzsaw3.jpg

I hate to be the bearer of bad news (actually I don't, I rather like it), but all the concept and suggestions of how to make the Suns look better, are, well, to put it nicely, worse and completely cluttered. While, the Suns look is not the best, none of the concepts or suggestions remotely improve the look.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news (actually I don't, I rather like it), but all the concept and suggestions of how to make the Suns look better, are, well, to put it nicely, worse and completely cluttered. While, the Suns look is not the best, none of the concepts or suggestions remotely improve the look.

I have to agree with Oddball. Maybe these concepts would work if it was the 90's or 2000's but now with the slim cut style, you can't fit all of that (sunburst ball with numbers under) in the jersey because the numbers would be too hard to see if they kept the word mark size. You can see in that pic a few posts above that the numbers are already next to the shorts (except for Len because he's 7 feet tall but all of the other players it'd look goofy on). IMO, it's a good modernization of a classic, but with a lot of room for improvement.

I liked the few posted a couple pages back that merely replaced black with purple. Did you think those looked worse? They were basically the same design, but with the addition of purple. Certainly using Suns colors versus that of the SF Giants could not be worse!

Join the movement to bring PURPLE and ORANGE back to the Phoenix Suns! Sign the petition HERE.

I'm sry but I disagree with you oddball and the few above me..concepts and "edits" that would make us these jerseys better tell you that for us jerseys doesn't need to be "suit and tie-ish"...they need to represent a unique sense of style. Unfortunately as much as we hate most of the 90's uniforms they are the most REMEMBERED..sure most of them were too over the top.

In all honesty all of them just need to be toned down a bit or a lot to be great not just good or "ugh". Suns 90's unis were great but just needed small clean tweaks like the concepts above from AAO and voila!! That's all. Unis should be stylish, timeless and not too office-ish. If I want to see that I would go to a rec league not pay money blah. Just my opinion sry for the filibuster.

shado_logo.gif

Here's a what-if/what-could-have-been scenario:

Suns_WhatIf_zps08864ec1.gif

The difference that the presence of that ball/burst makes. Just looks complete.

Also notice the omittance of black for purple - the lack of purple in the current set is dismal.

Those are lightyears better than the official jerseys and much more consistent. I prefer all of the ones furthest right.

This is where I'm going to pull out the BrandMoore card (though I'm sure I'm not qualified to use it or whatever): Y'all don't really understand how design works, eh? Just because you don't enjoy the output doesn't mean that there wasn't effort put into it.

Oh I understand how design works. You just set up a bunch of monkeys in a room with a bunch of computers with illustrator and in two years you get this.

Is this the blurst uniform of all time?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Personally, I really dislike what they showed. I understand that they are trying to modernize the streaking suns, but they ended up creating a mess in identity. I doubt these uniforms would grow on me despite how much the logos did. The home whites look too WNBA-ish due to how bare it looks. It's almost completely white minus a few orange highlights especially with the V-neck. When they showed the V-Neck in the teaser images, I feared that it'll look like a Women's basketball jersey, and my fear became reality. The road purple uniform is the best jersey in this new identity despite the dumb sun streaks. I understand what they are suppose to represent, but the Suns are the Suns, not the Pacers. Their fast paced offense can be shown on the court with how they play, not on the jerseys. The orange sleeved uniforms are terrible. Absolutely terrible. It's like they slapped the sun streaks, the number, and the wordmark on a t-shirt and called it a day. It's like they are begging to be called "The Great Pumpkin" from Peanuts. Also, the patch pattern on the shorts is absolutely dreadful. I understand they want to create a Sun with Phoenix wings, but it ended up being a cluttered mess. The butt stripe is completely idiotic too. What does that represent? What's their bs excuse to have that on their uniform?

Too be honest, with the recent trend of some god awful jerseys, I should have seen this coming. With how Adidas, Nike, and UA competing on how not to make an iconic jersey, they are painting the NBA, NFL, and NCAA with ugly.

I also disagree with oddball and racecarbackwardsisracecar. If you seen the throwback jerseys the Suns wore last season, it was the perfect uniform for the Suns. All they needed to do is update that style to their new identity. The uniforms in the nba these days are baggier than what they use to wear. If the Suns could have pulled off the throwback uniforms last year, they could have definitely pulled off what AAO pulled off with his concept even though it may seem like too much on the top.

Here's a what-if/what-could-have-been scenario:

Suns_WhatIf_zps08864ec1.gif

The difference that the presence of that ball/burst makes. Just looks complete.

Also notice the omittance of black for purple - the lack of purple in the current set is dismal.

These would have been perfect.

IMHO

Maybe it's the lighting here, but the wordmark SUNS doesn't look awful, in fact, I like it.

Just now noticing the dark to light orange that eventually ties in the sun rays.

1175234_10151778220858996_1055196528_n_z

Definitely looks better in this lighting. Now the burst lines and the wordmark's lines combined remind me of a sunset.

Yeah...does anyone else think these actually look great in this lighting? Except the black numbers.

ESPN.com thus far has made zero mention of the Suns' new uniforms. I saw a tweet from them last night about it, but nothing on their website?

They had the Peli's front page and center in the NBA section for their unveiling.

ESPN_zpsab40aaca.jpg

They mention the Suns, you're just not looking hard enough... It's in Bold blue, to the right of where it says "Best". :P

ESPN.com thus far has made zero mention of the Suns' new uniforms. I saw a tweet from them last night about it, but nothing on their website?

They had the Peli's front page and center in the NBA section for their unveiling.

ESPN_zpsab40aaca.jpg

They mention the Suns, you're just not looking hard enough... It's in Bold blue, to the right of where it says "Best". :P

Oh, man... I'm going to need a lotta ice for that burn. :lol:

Join the movement to bring PURPLE and ORANGE back to the Phoenix Suns! Sign the petition HERE.

Maybe it's the lighting here, but the wordmark SUNS doesn't look awful, in fact, I like it.

Just now noticing the dark to light orange that eventually ties in the sun rays.

1175234_10151778220858996_1055196528_n_z

Definitely looks better in this lighting. Now the burst lines and the wordmark's lines combined remind me of a sunset.

Yeah...does anyone else think these actually look great in this lighting? Except the black numbers.

I like that they actually have a wordmark that is big enough to read from the nosebleeds. So tired of tiny wordmarks (New Orleans).

Archived