New Phoenix Suns Uniforms

suns1977

Maybe it's the lighting here, but the wordmark SUNS doesn't look awful, in fact, I like it.

Just now noticing the dark to light orange that eventually ties in the sun rays.

1175234_10151778220858996_1055196528_n_z

Definitely looks better in this lighting. Now the burst lines and the wordmark's lines combined remind me of a sunset.

Yeah...does anyone else think these actually look great in this lighting? Except the black numbers.

I like that they actually have a wordmark that is big enough to read from the nosebleeds. So tired of tiny wordmarks (New Orleans).

These are an absolute disaster...all of the speculative concepts are infinitely superior on every single level.

The suns have completely ruined their identity now having 3 divergent motifs: phoenix, sun streak, and the new S/sun outline logo. What a failure.

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe it's the lighting here, but the wordmark SUNS doesn't look awful, in fact, I like it.

Just now noticing the dark to light orange that eventually ties in the sun rays.

1175234_10151778220858996_1055196528_n_z

Definitely looks better in this lighting. Now the burst lines and the wordmark's lines combined remind me of a sunset.

Yeah...does anyone else think these actually look great in this lighting? Except the black numbers.

I like that they actually have a wordmark that is big enough to read from the nosebleeds. So tired of tiny wordmarks (New Orleans).

These are an absolute disaster...all of the speculative concepts are infinitely superior on every single level.

The suns have completely ruined their identity now having 3 divergent motifs: phoenix, sun streak, and the new S/sun outline logo. What a failure.

I don't disagree, but I still contend that with more purple in the logos and uniforms, their identity would be more distinct. Black and orange is boring and bland, at least when it comes to a team that already had a great and unique color scheme to begin (I think it looks fine on the Giants, Orioles, Bengals, etc). The new logos and even jersey design are okay, but they need purple to help set them apart and more accurately be recognized as the Phoenix Suns. Just my opinion.

Join the movement to bring PURPLE and ORANGE back to the Phoenix Suns! Sign the petition HERE.

I actually wouldn't mind the Suns dropping purple. Two other teams in their own division already wear it and it makes more sense for those teams. Plus black and orange would be distinctive in the NBA. But I don't like the mishmash of colors. Either wear purple all the time or switch to black - trying to use two different color schemes at the same time is just amateurish.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I actually wouldn't mind the Suns dropping purple. Two other teams in their own division already wear it and it makes more sense for those teams. Plus black and orange would be distinctive in the NBA. But I don't like the mishmash of colors. Either wear purple all the time or switch to black - trying to use two different color schemes at the same time is just amateurish.

After the Lakers, the Suns have been purple longer than any other team.

The Kings always had their powder to royal blue going on until, what, the late 90's?

Suns have been purple since '68.

Minus the overly cartoony sunburst around the basketball, this was Phoenix's best look, IMO.

I appreciate that they're trying to modernize that era by using the slanted lettering, but the new jerseys are pretty lackluster.

original.jpg

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

ESPN.com thus far has made zero mention of the Suns' new uniforms. I saw a tweet from them last night about it, but nothing on their website?

They had the Peli's front page and center in the NBA section for their unveiling.

ESPN_zpsab40aaca.jpg

They mention the Suns, you're just not looking hard enough... It's in Bold blue, to the right of where it says "Best". :P

Wow, you got me there! :oops:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict the Suns won't be the "worst" team.

One can never know, can they?

They weren't supposed to amount to anything in '05-06 without Amare, and ended up in Western Conference Finals.

In '09-10, they were predicted to MISS THE PLAYOFFS and be cellar dwellars. Oops, they made Western Conference Finals.

'Course they had Nash and Amare on those teams. Nevermind.

The Kings always had their powder to royal blue going on until, what, the late 90's?

But people always associate purple with royalty, etc.

spacer.png

And who are these people you speak of?

Join the movement to bring PURPLE and ORANGE back to the Phoenix Suns! Sign the petition HERE.

Man, I am still bummed about the new uniforms. I just can't believe how bad they ended up looking... as a Suns fan of over 20 years, I can say that this is the first time I have no interest in wearing my teams jersey. I'll still root for my team and rock the old jerseys, but I cannot stand this set. There are some promising elements, but they might as well be held together with duct tape.

After a bit of time to sink in, I don't think the new unis are that bad. However, a few tweaks and they could be a million times better.

Historians. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purple#Royalty

Historians. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purple#Royalty

Yeah, but what do they know?

And? I get really annoyed when people say things like this. A lot of teams use Red and Blue, but should they get rid of their color, too? Arizona sunsets are purple and orange, so how does that make any less sense than the Lakers using purple?

Suns have spent 45 years with purple and orange. So, the idea of dropping either color really doesn't sit well with Phoenix fans.

Suns have spent 45 years with purple and orange. So, the idea of dropping either color really doesn't sit well with Phoenix fans.

Thank you.

And ironically I'm the same idiot pondering why the AZ Cardinals never changed their name.

Didn't think in simplest terms: IT'S THEIR HISTORY, DUMMY!

Suns are the oldest franchise in Phoenix. Since their inception their whole identity has been "the Purple Gang from Phoenix".

When they moved to what was American West Arena, now US Airways, it became "the Purple Palace".

I keep looking at these home jerseys with orange and black and can't help but feel slapped in the face.

Thank you.

And ironically I'm the same idiot pondering why the AZ Cardinals never changed their name.

Didn't think in simplest terms: IT'S THEIR HISTORY, DUMMY!

Suns are the oldest franchise in Phoenix. Since their inception their whole identity has been "the Purple Gang from Phoenix".

When they moved to what was American West Arena, now US Airways, it became "the Purple Palace".

I keep looking at these home jerseys with orange and black and can't help but feel slapped in the face.

I know a lot of people simply don't like the design on the jerseys for one reason or another. I can't disagree on many points, but sadly I feel the new designs on the logos and jerseys are here to stay for a while. Changing a logo or jerseys design isn't a simple process and I'd imagine it would take a few years before they'd even consider it. What is more likely, however, is changing, adding or replacing colors, and in this instance: purple. Many fans agree that decreasing the usage of purple is both sad and unnecessary. If you agree and would like to see more purple in the jerseys, home court and primary logos, I've started a petition to hopefully get that point across to management. If anyone is interested, you can sign it here: http://www.change.org/petitions/robert-sarver-and-the-phoenix-suns-organization-please-return-to-using-purple-and-orange-as-the-team-colors-of-the-phoenix-suns

ESPN.com thus far has made zero mention of the Suns' new uniforms. I saw a tweet from them last night about it, but nothing on their website?

They had the Peli's front page and center in the NBA section for their unveiling.

ESPN_zpsab40aaca.jpg

They mention the Suns, you're just not looking hard enough... It's in Bold blue, to the right of where it says "Best". :P

They weren't supposed to amount to anything in '05-06 without Amare, and ended up in Western Conference Finals.

In '09-10, they were predicted to MISS THE PLAYOFFS and be cellar dwellars. Oops, they made Western Conference Finals.

When Eric Bledsoe is your best player...you're going to have a long season.

I feel your pain though, I'm a Nets fan. Although everything is great now, I had to survive the 12-70 season which was dreadful (but I still went to games).

ESPN_zpsab40aaca.jpg

When Eric Bledsoe is your best player...you're going to have a long season.

I feel your pain though, I'm a Nets fan. Although everything is great now, I had to survive the 12-70 season which was dreadful (but I still went to games).

Sorry for the double post

Archived