New Phoenix Suns Uniforms

suns1977

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fact that it's not a classic sunburst and they're apparently going with an updated design, the side stripe might actually work with it. I'm curious to see how it all looks together. So far, it does appear to be a mess, but might meld better when seen all together.

Wow, look at all those streaks!

You're right, way more steaks than the old style.

I'm bummed no purple there, but I'm holding out hope for the shorts.

As long as there is at least a little purple on the home white uniform, I'll be fine. If they actually totally eliminate it from the home uniform, I'll be very disappointed.

Join the movement to bring PURPLE and ORANGE back to the Phoenix Suns! Sign the petition HERE.

The fact that it's not a classic sunburst and they're apparently going with an updated design, the side stripe might actually work with it. I'm curious to see how it all looks together. So far, it does appear to be a mess, but might meld better when seen all together.

Wow, look at all those streaks!

You're right, way more steaks than the old style.

I'm bummed no purple there, but I'm holding out hope for the shorts.

As long as there is at least a little purple on the home white uniform, I'll be fine. If they actually totally eliminate it from the home uniform, I'll be very disappointed.

I can pretty much guarantee there will be no purple on the home uni. It would just look terrible throwing in purple just for the sake of purple. They've decided to use orange with black accents so that I what I expect, nothing more.

In regards to the stripes, it's very confusing. There's way too many, but I wouldn't be surprised if there is no sun at all. I think the concept posted earlier with just the stripes is a possibility.

I hear what you're saying, but the old road jerseys were purple/orange with black on the shorts.

Granted, no black on the old home jerseys, so who knows....

Yes, but black was on the collar of the road unis too, so it wasn't out of place on the shorts. Putting purple in some form on the home jersey at this point would be like putting black on the 90s home unis.

I think we've all settled into thinking that leak of the #4 on the jerseys is on the front, right? Well I just tried to piece together what we have so far on the rev30 template, matching up the holes size-wise and pattern-wise, and it seems to me that the #4 shown is on the back of the jerseys, and is probably part of the #14 because of it's positioning. Bear with me while I post some images.

adidas-revolution-30-nba-jersey-4.jpg

This Minnesota rev30 jersey clearly shows the dot size and pattern. This was what I based everything on.

PHXSUNS001_zpsdb6bd6b2.jpg

This image shows the dot patterns as they appear by the numbers. Notice that they dont seem to make sense with the front of the jersey anywhere, as the larger dots and smaller dots both step away from eachother. This doesn't occur on the fronts of the jerseys at all.

REV30-06%20(1).jpg

But it does occur on the back. (right under the S in James)

These last 2 images just give you a sense of the scale. The sun rays or bursts, to the front of the Wolves jersey, and the bursts to the Suns teased numbers.

PHXSUNS002_zps80b72cde.jpgPHXSUNS003_zps078e50a5.jpg

Hope I made some sense here. Tried to keep it pretty simple. I might be wrong, but I don't think I am. I think this just frees up the front options a little more. It seems possible now to have numbers in a sunburst, or even just a full ball and sunburst. Thanks.

Christmas uniforms didn't count as a "third" because they were an NBA promotion, similar to the Latin Nights jerseys.

So on those nights, New Orleans would be Los Pelicanos?

Now THAT'S a name to put on a jersey!

I think we've all settled into thinking that leak of the #4 on the jerseys is on the front, right? Well I just tried to piece together what we have so far on the rev30 template, matching up the holes size-wise and pattern-wise, and it seems to me that the #4 shown is on the back of the jerseys, and is probably part of the #14 because of it's positioning. Bear with me while I post some images.

adidas-revolution-30-nba-jersey-4.jpg

This Minnesota rev30 jersey clearly shows the dot size and pattern. This was what I based everything on.

PHXSUNS001_zpsdb6bd6b2.jpg

This image shows the dot patterns as they appear by the numbers. Notice that they dont seem to make sense with the front of the jersey anywhere, as the larger dots and smaller dots both step away from eachother. This doesn't occur on the fronts of the jerseys at all.

REV30-06%20(1).jpg

But it does occur on the back. (right under the S in James)

These last 2 images just give you a sense of the scale. The sun rays or bursts, to the front of the Wolves jersey, and the bursts to the Suns teased numbers.

PHXSUNS002_zps80b72cde.jpgPHXSUNS003_zps078e50a5.jpg

Hope I made some sense here. Tried to keep it pretty simple. I might be wrong, but I don't think I am. I think this just frees up the front options a little more. It seems possible now to have numbers in a sunburst, or even just a full ball and sunburst. Thanks.

this is why i love this site. Uni nerds nerding out hard. I love it

Archived