Logolmpiad Closing Ceremonies

Three cheers for WiB!

Echoing all the other comments made, you did a fantastic job with the Logolympiad so hats off to ya. To everyone who entered throughout the course, with or without medals, congrats on displaying some fine fine pieces of work. To all the medal winners, congrats as well... and of course, the Triple Threat of the Logolympiad - paynomind, joel fiasco and avenger, props to you guys for tearing things up. I don't know about anyone else, but for me, having you guys churning out those amazing entrees made me put in a lot more effort into my work and certainly elevated my skills.

I shall wear my bronze and gold medals proudly!

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

A big congrats to those who carried off the heavy hardware and to all those who medaled. To all other participants, thanks for making this a very entertaining production indeed.

To WIB, a huge toast to you for coming up with this idea and for following through 100%. It was a tremendous doing and you should be very pleased with the results and what will likely be its lasting effect.

Here's my thoughts for the future, for whatever they're worth.

Since Logolympiad ended on the eve of the first day of Summer, perhaps another Logolympiad could be held in the weeks leading up to the first day of Winter, thus creating a Spring and Autumn analogue to the Olympics' Summer and Winter format. The events could be different, so as to give each season's slate of events a distinct flavor. Also, I think it would be kind of neat to have a "host venue" for each Logolympiad. Clearly the competition is WIB's to administer, but perhaps it could be done in tandem with another board participant who would provide the competition's logo and medal designs. If that's the case, then I would propose that WIB would need to decide exactly where we all competed this time around for posterity's sake. And ultimately, since WIB is the "Logolympic Committee," the decision on hosting would be his to choose unless he delegates it to another decision making body.

Anyway, cheers to all those who participated - this was a lot of fun!

I just wanted to say I had an excellent time competing in all the events in which I competed in and just to draw some votes was enough of a high for me.Thanks to WiB for such a brilliant idea for a competition and I hope it does come back in some way or another within the next year.Great job to Avenger.Payno,and Joel

and also to my fellow MS paint user Steve-O.Your medal was a medal for all of us IMO!

98Falcons.png

Gentlemen,

An awesome job, board-wide. Everyone here who entered or voted deserved a round of applause. This was an awesome set of contests with an incredible set of entries. Each and every one of the events went smoothly, had several phenomenal entries, and was voted upon far and wide.

WiB, hats off to you, man. You did a yeoman?s work on this, devoting so much of your time and efforts. This was a phenomenal idea, exceptionally won, and I wish there was a medal to give you!

Avenger, terrific work on this one. You absolutely ran away with this set of contests, and showed that you are a top-quality, exceptionally talented designer. Congrats on all of your awesome entries.

Everybody who entered obviously put a lot of time and energy into their concepts, and I hate to hear than anyone didn't receive a vote. Every one was worthy of a medal, simply for the time and effort. I very glad to say that there were absolutely ZERO entries that were crap, none of them were taking the contests as a joke, and all are designs you should each be proud of.

Thank you very much to everyone who voted, and a special thanks to folks who voted for my entries. I am glad that you found my work well done, and I hope we can all continue to show off our work here on the boards.

Thank you everyone, and goodnight!

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

I would offer to host the next Logolympiad, but with the country deterioirating before our eyes, I don't think the Democratic Republic of Fontland even exists anymore. Besides, with corruption running rampant, I'm sure my facilities won't be ready in time :P

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I would offer to host the next Logolympiad, but with the country deterioirating before our eyes, I don't think the Democratic Republic of Fontland even exists anymore. Besides, with corruption running rampant, I'm sure my facilities won't be ready in time :P

what is Greece?

ok Alex, i'll take defunct USFL cities for $400...

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

Had to let everyone have thier say first!

I've decided to make it an annual event. I had originally thought every 2 years, to coincide with the Summer & Winter Games, but who can wait that long????

I'll consider any and all suggestions on how to tweak the format for future games. Post ideas here. And for the record, the Inaugural Logolympiad took place in Raleigh, NC.

With that, I declare these games... closed.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

Archived